Baby Names
Options

Just for fun...

Éponine. I want to use it as a middle name if we have another little girl in the future. I played the character in the musical about a year ago, as well as read the book. The story is a very important to me, and the time I spent playing the character is very special to me - some of my most cherished memories! Thoughts? I know it's a very strong association.

Any ideas for first names to pair with it? I have a daughter, Catherine Victoria, and a son, Andrew Richard, if that helps!

Re: Just for fun...

• Options
    As a middle name I think it's fine.

• Options
    As a middle name, sure. I LOVE Les Mis and her songs, but anytime I think of Eponine I just wanna cry. What a tragic character.

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Her songs are very heartbreaking - there were times when I would tear up in rehearsal because I just felt so bad for how her life ended up. She is tragic, but I love that, in the musical version at least, her love for someone else redeems her. There is so much beauty and grace within such a sad story.
  • Options
    I think the middle name is a spot where you can take a risk, and it's a pretty name.
  • Options

That was my thought when I heard the name. I had to go back and double check if it was a first or middle name. I'm glad you want to use it as a middle name. There is one association people have with that name, and it's not a great one (I also love Les Mis, but not the namesake I would want my kid to have).
  • Options
    I love the name and love Les Mis, plus how much it means to you. I think the name is beautiful, but that's a difficult namesake. Also, it doesn't quite fit with your other children's names. For a FN? No. MN? I'd definitely go for it

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• Options
    I agree with PPs, it is okay as a middle name, but it does have very sad connotations due to the tragic Les Mis character. 
    LFAF September Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails

• Options
    Thank you all for your input! Any first name ideas to go with it?

A few on our list are:
    Claire
    Iris
    Margaret (Daisy)
    Miriam
  • Options
    I definitely agree with PP about it being appropriate for a MN, and the sad connotation doesn't really bother me. I LOVE Les Mis and her character is one of my faves. That being said, I think a shorter, simpler name would work well considering the MN is long.
  • Options
    flasflas member
    So I thought of Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time first, then Les Miserables, though I absolutely love Les Mis.  I think it needs a shorter first name to go with it personally.  I almost suggested Violet but I think that would make her name mean purple horse wouldn't it? 
  • Options
    If I were going to give my child such a distinctive French middle name, I would want her first name to match. Perhaps that's just me, but I feel like calling her "Julia eponine" or "Emma eponine" sounds really incongruous.

I like Clara, but prefer Claire with eponine.

Also like:

Elise
    Noelle
    Colette (too close to cozette)
    Margot
    Justine
    Mathilde
  • Options
    I adore Éponine! The character and the name!
  • Options
    Clara Éponine
    Hazel Éponine
    Lilah Éponine
    Willa Éponine
    Tessa Éponine
    Gia Éponine
    Ginger Éponine
    Laurel Éponine
    Daisy Éponine