1st Trimester

14 Pregnancy Myths - Busted!

bumptarabumptara admin
Moderator 500 Love Its 500 Comments Second Anniversary
edited January 2016 in 1st Trimester

By now, you’ve probably heard endless pregnancy myths from friends, family, co-workers - maybe even complete strangers! Some of this legend and lore has been around for decades, so we decided it was time to re-investigate.

Check out which common pregnancy myths our experts debunked! 

What other pregnancy myths have you heard?

P.S. Let's take our friendship to the next level. Like us on Facebook

Re: 14 Pregnancy Myths - Busted!

• What?????lol
    morganjo51816ChaoticWolfkrisnicole23
  •     
  • Even I heard that. In India people believes that more. My mother in law told me to do not come out from bed room until the eclipse complete. :/
    meggarooAMCsquared
  • Yes this is true
  •     
  • Lol, you're kidding me... right? Never heard that one. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
    SaphireSweetie88goddesscolleenkbug92
  • Tiya wow! Haha.

I was surprised by: Myth 7: I should tilt my lower body upward to help the sperm get to my egg.

All the ladies at work always tell me to put  a pillow under my butt and hang out for 15 min lol!
    Me: 31  DH: 32      <3 DH since 12.2009       Married 08.2013       EDD 12.2017
    myckykaitlinliz
  •     
  • Myth 7 worked for me 3 times lol even had a doctor tell me to do it lol
    kaitlinliz
  •     
  • edited April 3
    It worked for me too i got to know i am pregnant, just yesterday and we tried for the 1st time in march 
  • i was watching a tv show (Drop Dead Diva) and one of the girls is pregnant and burping like crazy so someone tells her that it means she's going to have an evil baby. And then i saw a "fun" fact that most serial killers are born in November and guess my due month!! so a little thought in my brain tells me i'm going to have an evil serial killer baby.... :/
    Sharae Princekaitlinliz
  •     
  • ghulehghuleh member
    10 Comments 25 Love Its Photogenic
    With my first baby i used to crave cheetos and my grandma told me that the baby gets the skin color of the food you eat the most. I really thought i was having a cheetoh-colored baby.
    mandysteele243
  • Lol... my friend's mom told her not to take a nap or the baby will sleep on the way on the day of the delivery.