New Jersey Babies

NJ Family Leave Insurance benefits and disability benefits

hello all,

I have read several posts on this subject but I am not clear if I am eligible given my job situation. 

I work at client location in New Jersey and my contracting company is based out of Virginia. Also I have not enrolled in medical benefits as I rely on my Husband's medical coverage. so basically I am on W2 without benefits. i will lose my job the moment I stop working as they pay me based on hours billed at client location.

Questions - for State disability, I am not sure if I am eligible?
also I am not sure if I am eligible for Family Leave Insurance.

If someone has idea about my situation, please advise.

Re: NJ Family Leave Insurance benefits and disability benefits

• You will have to do short term disability. It's what I am doing as well, as I don't work for a large company we don't have maternity paid or fmla. You get 4 weeks before your due date and 6 (8 for c-section) after the date of birth. You can get your forms all online just with a Google search. You'll need your doctor to fill out one form and your job to fill out another listing your pay for the previous 8 (I believe) weeks so that disability can average your pay and give you a percentage of it while you are off.
  • Thanks for the info. Do you know if I will eligible for Family Leave Insurance as well. If I understand correctly, it can be taken as newborn care after 6 weeks of disability
  • Loading the player...
  • That all depends on the company you work for etc