December 2015 Moms
Options

The Target website is the absolute WORST!!!!

I haven't been able to log into my registry in almost three weeks, due to technical difficulties! I am centimeters away from not registering there and just getting the mobile that I want. The whale mobile is the ONLY thing on that registry that I really really want! I know I could go in store and fix the registry but that is so much work for a hermit like me. hahaha

Have any of you been experiencing this at Target? Have you found a resolution? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: The Target website is the absolute WORST!!!!

• Options
    GardenMama116GardenMama116 member
    edited August 2015
    I have an iPhone and downloaded the Target Registry app. It is a piece o cake to access registry and add items by searching or scanning in the store.

The Babies R Us site is the one that drives me bonkers!!

Edited bc my iPhone thinks it's smarter than me!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I am getting a new phone this weekend so maybe I will try the app. I haven't had a problem with Babies R Us, the site isn't extremely user friendly, but at least its functional. hahaha
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got started on myregistry.Com and synced my target registry to it. Since then I haven't done much on Target'she website but it doesn't surprise me you're having issues. The other thing I like about myregistry is I have a toolbox button I can click when I have a window open on something I like and add it to my registry there even from other sites. I've done this with BRU and target so I can avoid their sites slightly more, plus I only need to give out one link if anyone asks for my registry.
  • Options
    @Mizuiro007 babyli.st is the same way and I have one of those unfortunatley, MiL refuses to put that link on my shower invitations because "some family will want brick and mortar stores". Yes, and they are ONLINE! 
  • Options
    I haven't had any problems with my Target registry! Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues! Have you tried logging on from a different web browser...try Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, etc.?
    Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    @momotheflyinglemur That makes sense, however annoying it may be. Maybe if it's only the one item you want there you could suggest it to an individual. My aunt hosted my sip and see with DS and with family members without Internet my mom would make personal suggestions based on what she'd seen me register for or things I'd pointed out shopping with her in the store. It really took a lot of the pressure off of me.
  • Options

@Mizuiro007 babyli.st is the same way and I have one of those unfortunatley, MiL refuses to put that link on my shower invitations because "some family will want brick and mortar stores". Yes, and they are ONLINE! 

I'm on BabyList too. Did you get the free cards they offered? If MIl won't put website on registry, can you have her include the card with the invites? I listed the site as I think only 1 or 2 people don't use the Internet...but hose are relatives so if they need more guidance, they can ask someone else.
  • Options
    I finally logged in this morning and didn't have an issue getting into my registry on Target's website. Maybe try a different browser like a pp suggested. I'm using mozilla.
  • Options
    @gardenmama116 I had no idea they had free cards! I will definitely add them in my invites! 
  • Options
    Target's registry also doesn't update very well after someone buys something (even if it's from your online registry or if they have the check-out person scan the bar-code on the registry form). Just a heads up before showers start happening. Be prepared to get multiples of the same gift because people won't know someone already bought it. Not a huge deal because their return policy is great. 

imageimage

• Options
    @momotheflyinglemur - look for Share Your Registry...there is a place to Order Free Registry Insert Cards. I think they came pretty quick. I have about 10 I can mail to you, if needed (PM your address).
  • Options
    @gardenmama116 thanks so much for the offer but I did find it on babylist! I will def be getting some for myself

@megstark I already know that 60% of people aren't going to even LOOk at my registries and will just get whatever they feel like anyways. So, returns are going to be my best friend.
  • Options
    @momotheflyinglemur that kind of sucks. I like picking my favorite item off the registry (something I got a lot of use out of with DD). So, when I take time to pick something then the person receives multiple, I get bummed. That's the one reason I'm not a fan of choosing off Target registries.

imageimage

• Options
    Don't hold your breath in stores I had a horrible experience as well. Went twice with the systems being down both times and I wasn't able to walk around and scan. I have since consolidated my registry to Buy Buy Baby only
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've had issues too!! It drives me crazy. And I'm super annoyed cause all the bath towels and wash clothes are all suddenly being discontinued.
  • Options
    I had issues as well OP.  We went to the store twice. The first time, our scanner stopped working halfway through and we had to go get a new one.  The second time I tried to add items they told me that the system was down and I couldn't use it. 

Online hasn't been much better. Sometimes it works just fine but other times I try to log in and keep getting a message about technical difficulties.  While it sucks that we're having issues I'm kind of glad to hear that I'm not the only one. 
  • Options
    BellaM110 said:

I've had issues too!! It drives me crazy. And I'm super annoyed cause all the bath towels and wash clothes are all suddenly being discontinued.

This. I love Circo newborn hooded towels and now they're discontinuing them. I hope they're just getting ready to come out with new colors/designs. If that's the case I wish they'd just get it over with already.
  • Options

BellaM110 said:

This. I love Circo newborn hooded towels and now they're discontinuing them. I hope they're just getting ready to come out with new colors/designs. If that's the case I wish they'd just get it over with already.

Exactly! That's what I'm hoping for also! I keep checking the website to see if anything new has come out. I'd like to think they would come out with new items to replace the discontinued ones. I really liked the Circo bath items because they were cute and reasonably priced. Guess we'll see what happens.
  • Options
    @BellaM110 I love how absorbent they are without feeling damp. It reminds me of a micro fiber towel. Plus, like you said, they're so reasonably priced and very cute. I haven't tried the wash clothes or anything besides the hooded towels. Are they similar?
  • Options
    @Mizuiro007 I'm a FTM so I honestly couldn't tell you since I haven't tried them yet lol
  • Options
    @BellaM110 That's fine. I've just been curious about it and thought I'd ask. We started out with babies r us brand towels and wash cloths since they're affordable. I've continued to like the koala wash cloths (BRU) but the towels were so thin they'd just get damp and didn't work as well. So I tried Circo towels and fell in love with them. They're so soft and absorb a lot without feeling damp. They've also held up well through repeated wash cycles.
  • Options
    The Circo wash clothes are awesome. We bought a ton for my nephew. He's now five and she still has several left.
  • Options
    I've had no issues with Target. When people are registered there it's so easy to get stuff too because they can print the registry right there, and it has the aisle and DPCI so you can ensure you're getting the correct product for the person. I shopped someone's registry there in like 10 minutes. Babiesrus on the other had; DH and I have already had problems with the registry. We bought stuff off of it and added stuff to it then bought it for the points, and half the stuff didn't come off or go on there to begin with. Also I've heard it takes them months to send you the certificate from the rewards points...if they ever send it at all.
  • Options
    If you think the website is bad, it is worse at the store. We went to the store because we couldn't get into the registry online. When we got there we couldn't log into our account because it was "locked." We had to set up a whole new registry using my husbands email instead of mine. Then after all that the scanners wouldn't work. It was ridiculous! We ended up just leaving.
  • Options
    I feel your pain! The website wouldn't load properly on my laptop but every other site did including babies r us. My mom thought it would be a good idea to register at target too because I was having 3 showers and everyone in my family is pretty internet savvy so it gave them more options. Got so frustrated I said forget it. I registered at babies r us, but my invites will encourage family to look wherever they want if they find some things are just too expensive. It's mainly for reference so I won't be upset if I get duplicates. Good thing about duplicates is you can always return it and buy something you like in exchange =]
    I recently used the app to try and buy a gift for someone else's shower off their registry, it was frustrating! It showed no1 had purchased anything and the shower was like 2 days away. We went in store and they didn't even have half the items listed to buy anyways. So I ended up finding something and doing the bar code at home, once I did that it showed that almost everything had been purchased. Luckily not the gift I got but what the heck.
  • Options
    Finished up all my registries this weekend! I went to BabiesRUs and to Target and killed it with the scanner. "Oh, that's cute!" *beep* "O.o, that could be useful!" *beep*

Glad to have the quailty time with my mom too. She's a busy body and is still raising three of her five children, so I understand that offering her these opportunities makes her feel really special and honestly I probably would have been overwhelmed at BabiesRUs by myself or with SO. 
  • Options
    I'm on baby list and it's wonderful I'm going to have to get those cards
  • Options
    @Mizuiro007 I was at target today and saw a bunch of new Circo bath towels and wash cloths. I was too lazy to get a scanner at the time and I figured I'd just add them to my registry online. I went online when I got home and none of the new items were there so maybe it's just a matter of time. Either that or I'll have to go scan stuff in person.
  • Options
    TomekiaBTomekiaB member
    edited August 2015
    Target online is a disaster (from my wedding registry experience and online shopping in general), target turns over product to fast IMO for a registry. Bed bath and beyond was so easy...so if you have a buy buy baby I'd seriously consider it since its the same company (I haven't lived near a buy buy baby). Babies R US is a pain in the store nothing is ever where they say it is--I always shop online for their registry if I have time, much less frustrating! I am using amazon (with the universal button as needed, we are geographically seperated from family and friends anyway. Currently my amazon registry is private--I am using it for DH and I to bookmark our research. I figure the tech savvy people will be fine (75% of our registry gifts were sent from bed bath and beyond online anyway for our wedding). I figure the ones that need a physical store will probably buy their own thing anyway :)

Have you considered pottery barn, land of nod or a local boutique (if they are within the budgets for baby shower attendees) as a physical store registry and doing the main one online as one of the universal registries (amazon, babylist etc)?