Trying to Get Pregnant

Freaking out..really need advice

Re: Freaking out..really need advice

• esheff13 said:

I had a miscarriage memorial day weekend and had a d&c June 3rd. I got my period around July 4th. And we started trying for baby again end of July. Haven't had my 2nd period yet and I took a pregnancy test last week and it was negative. Yesterday I took a test and I thought it was negative..but this morning I looked at it and it was positive. A very faint positive. I took another one this morning sine that one had been sitting awhile. And it was faintly positive and I just took another and the positive line is darker. So confused..Idk If I'm pregnant or if I still have hormones from the miscarriage.. plus we only just started trying 2ish weeks ago. Help please need advice

I'm very sorry for your loss

We can't tell you if you are pregnant and it's against the TOU to ask.

• Wasn't asking if I was pregnant. Would just be nice if anyone had similar situations
  • Loading the player...
  • See a dr. Only way to know.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• If you already had a period (July 4th), then I would think pregnancy hormones are out of your body. Since your line is getting darker, it sounds like your hcg is rising.

Enjoy your BMB.
  • No one's trying to be rude here ... But a line is a line. To know if it means anything other than you being pregnant, you'll need to talk to your doctor. We can't possibly tell you, and our experiences really have no bearing on your situation. Best of luck.
    Me: 37, DH: 44
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Canada

• esheff13 said:

Wasn't asking if I was pregnant. Would just be nice if anyone had similar situations

Even if I had been in a similar situation it would have no bearing on your current one. You should probably contact a doctor.

• esheff13 said:

I had a miscarriage memorial day weekend and had a d&c June 3rd. I got my period around July 4th. And we started trying for baby again end of July. Haven't had my 2nd period yet and I took a pregnancy test last week and it was negative. Yesterday I took a test and I thought it was negative..but this morning I looked at it and it was positive. A very faint positive. I took another one this morning sine that one had been sitting awhile. And it was faintly positive and I just took another and the positive line is darker. So confused..Idk If I'm pregnant or if I still have hormones from the miscarriage.. plus we only just started trying 2ish weeks ago. Help please need advice

I'm sorry for your loss.

You need to contact your doctor. If they didn't track your HCG levels down to zero then it could be residual from your miscarriage. However, it is likely a new pregnancy. An online message board can't alleviate your anxiety more than your provider can.

At this moment consider yourself pregnant & make an appointment with your OB. Congrats.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• esheff13 said:

Wasn't asking if I was pregnant. Would just be nice if anyone had similar situations

Similar situations mean nothing for you at this time. Every one is different, every pregnancy is different & the best thing you can do is get in with your doctor ASAP.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Well that was a quick DD

Image result for bobs burger gifs

httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadeaa27518d817eb3a350c501028155427jpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUpload6bbb16d010206d10646648f568faa060jpg

OP, the delete wasn't necessary and is considered rude. I'm sorry you are feeling confused and didn't get the response you were looking for. However, we cannot tell you if you are or are not pregnant. Only a doctor can do that. All posts kindly notified you of this information.
  • didi0308 said:
    Lord if I had a penny for every person that came here and said "I wasn't asking if I was pregnant I was asking if anyone had a similar situation" OP why would you want to know if someone had similar situation? So you could ask them if they were in fact pregnant. Correct? So your basically asking in a round about way if we think you could be pregnant and THAT my friend is against the TOU
    I was just thinking "if I had a penny..." :)
  • Sorry you thought it was rude.  I wasn't looking for someone to tell me I was pregnant.  If I want someone to tell me I'm pregnant I'll go to the doctor.  But after having a miscarriage and going through all the emotions and ups/downs and depression..It would have been nice to have someone who understands the situation to talk to about the new things that are now going on  but obviously this is not the place to do that.  Thanks for your advice/comments everyone but I don't need these kind of comments from people.
  • esheff13 said:

Sorry you thought it was rude.  I wasn't looking for someone to tell me I was pregnant.  If I want someone to tell me I'm pregnant I'll go to the doctor.  But after having a miscarriage and going through all the emotions and ups/downs and depression..It would have been nice to have someone who understands the situation to talk to about the new things that are now going on  but obviously this is not the place to do that.  Thanks for your advice/comments everyone but I don't need these kind of comments from people.

Qfp

• esheff13 said:
    Sorry you thought it was rude.  I wasn't looking for someone to tell me I was pregnant.  If I want someone to tell me I'm pregnant I'll go to the doctor.  But after having a miscarriage and going through all the emotions and ups/downs and depression..It would have been nice to have someone who understands the situation to talk to about the new things that are now going on  but obviously this is not the place to do that.  Thanks for your advice/comments everyone but I don't need these kind of comments from people.
    As someone who just had a miscarriage four weeks ago, I understand what you are going through. I gave you a sincere reply earlier... If you are taking HPTs and the line is getting darker, this means your pregnancy hormone (hcg) is rising. If you did not have a new pregnancy, your levels would not be rising and the line would not be getting darker. Congratulations; I wish you a happy and healthy nine months.
  • esheff13 said:

You have no control over how anyone comments and if you're looking for some "rainbows and glitter" responses then you are definitely in the wrong place. If you can't handle honest and blunt fact then this probably isn't the right place for you. If you lurked the board before posting and read the guidelines you would have known that your post would not have been received well. This type of post happens all the time and gets the same responses... Every time.

That being said, I've also had a recent mc. They are currently tracking my levels down to 0 because almost 6 weeks after my D&C procedure I got a BFP. When they checked my hcg the levels were extremely low. On the second draw they were slowly dropping and AF started the day before. The doctors don't know for sure if it was a new pregnancy or not but my point is that the first thing I did was call them. I called them so we could confirm the hpt results and verify that I was ku again.(which obviously I'm not) but here's the thing. I had a line. The line means I had hcg in my system. You had a line (on multiple tests) you have hcg in your system. Only your doctor can confirm your pregnancy or lack of. My situation, while similar to yours, isn't helpful in determining what your body is doing tho because our cycles don't necessarily match. We most likely didn't ovulate together or have sex at the same time during our windows. Judging by your op(which was quoted BTW so the DD was pointless) you aren't temping and therefore have no idea when you ovulated and really you wouldn't know when to expect AF. At just over a month you really wouldn't be having a long cycle so it wouldn't be a concern if you hadn't gotten AF. The fact that you got a BFP instead is great for you but asking us if that means you're pregnant (or whatever you think you were asking because everyone else here agrees that you were in a round about way asking if you are) isn't going to change that outcome and is against the tou/guidelines of this board. Plus it's just rude. So thanks for waiving your bfp in the faces of a bunch of women who are trying to get their own. Have fun in your bmb. I sincerely hope that you are ku and that you don't have to experience another loss.

• So. If you didn't want us to tell you you're pregnant, what exactly did you want us to tell you? Please. Enlighten me. Because I had a D&C just three days after yours, so yup, I know the emotions but damned if I actually know what's going on with your body. 
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• esheff13 said:

Um, what is there to talk about? You think you are pregnant & that frightens you. I'm sorry about that, I truly am. However, if you want more concrete answers then go to the doctor.

Also, it's a little bit presumptuous to waltz in here (having no previous history of supporting anyone else here) expecting hair-pets & cuddles, know what I mean? We are supportive but we aren't giving that ish away like candy. Get to know us some, yeah?

I'm sorry you are going through a hard time-- but throwing an online hissy fit doesn't make it better.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• esheff13 said:

As someone who just had a miscarriage four weeks ago, I understand what you are going through. I gave you a sincere reply earlier... If you are taking HPTs and the line is getting darker, this means your pregnancy hormone (hcg) is rising. If you did not have a new pregnancy, your levels would not be rising and the line would not be getting darker. Congratulations; I wish you a happy and healthy nine months.

@Kristin712 : I'm sorry for your loss, but line darkness is not an indication of pregnancy progression. It's merely a difference in quality/quantity of the dye present & concentration of the urine sample.

A better indicator is blood levels of HCG. I just wanted to say this in case any lurker gets a BFP & is freaking about line darkness.

An HPT is a "yes or no" type situation. Not, "how pregnant am I".

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Kristin712Kristin712 member
    edited August 2015
    esheff13 said:
    @Kristin712 : I'm sorry for your loss, but line darkness is not an indication of pregnancy progression. It's merely a difference in quality/quantity of the dye present & concentration of the urine sample. A better indicator is blood levels of HCG. I just wanted to say this in case any lurker gets a BFP & is freaking about line darkness. An HPT is a "yes or no" type situation. Not, "how pregnant am I".
    Thanks, @PrimRoseMama. You make a great point. I gave this advice assuming the same brand of tests were being used and at the same time (FMU). Plus, she had a negative test between her loss and this positive. Typically, that would make me assume progressing darkness=BFP. I'll keep that in mind in the future!

• OP- lets just call a spade a spade. You asking for advice about your pregnancy test = asking if you are pregnant. We cannot answer that.

I'm sorry for your loss and there are a lot of great women here who can help support you so instead of getting defensive and burning bridges just understand the feedback and now you know, that's all.
  • BumpAdminBumpAdmin admin
    edited August 2015
    This thread has been closed. Please do not ask the Community if you are pregnant. Instead, please visit our 1st Trimester board to discuss early possible pregnancy symptoms and the thread pinned to the top of this board called, “What does a positive pregnancy test really look like?” where members are permitted to display their pregnancy tests.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit the The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"