TTC after 35

Fab 40's check-in for 8/13/15

This check in is for our over 40 crowd!  Tell us a little about yourself!

Name/Screen Name, Location, Age

Status (TTC#__, how long, etc.)

Cycle Day

What are you doing this cycle? (natural, meds, IUI/IVF, etc)

How are you feeling?  
*** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 

Re: Fab 40's check-in for 8/13/15

• MntnGirl, 40

TTC #1, 2 years no goalie, 1 year TTC (with some breaks), CP 1 yr ago

CD 26

Natural, 2nd month of maca CD 1-14 and chasteberry every day (takes about 3 months to impact fertility, but may take longer because I started with only 200 mg/day due to side effects - headache, nausea, lightheaded - and now up to 400mg/day)

How are you feeling?
    Tired, but that's from not getting enough sleep! Felt strange fluttering sensation 11 DPO (yesterday) in uterus area. Googled and saw that fluttering can be an early symptom of PG/implantation, with or without cramping. I've also been slightly nauseated and have had headaches during 2WW, but that could be due to chasteberry. I haven't been temping for a while, but this week I wish I had been because I have been really hot - I have the same thermostat setting preference as my husband, and that never happens. AF is due in 2 days. I want at least one more month of naturally trying before going back to RE. I am trying to be less neurotic about all of this, even though it may not sound like it.
  • Name/Screen Name, Location, Age
    Heather/EmsMama15, MN, 40
    Status (TTC#__, how long, etc.)
    TTC#2, 15 months
    Cycle Day
    CD8, WTO, ultrasound tomorrow to check follicles.
    Our final IUI - hopefully, unless I overstimulate.  I had 7 measurable follicles this morning, so there's a possibility they'll all get big by tomorrow.
    How are you feeling?  
    Just hoping so badly for this to be our month...
  • Loading the player...
  • TTC # 1. I just had my Mirena removed on 7/16 and am waiting for my cycles to get back to normal. My goal right now is to just have a period so that I can figure out how fertile I am (blood work). My goal is to start IUI soon. I am hopeful, but reading about the actual chances of getting pregnant, especially at my age, is very discouraging.
  • Good luck @Javagirl74.  I assume you're around my age - were you born in '74?  You should make an intro post so everyone on the board can "meet" you.  This is an amazing group of women who are super supportive.  I think you'll like it here!
  • Yes... I was born in 74 as well.
    I apologize for no intro here- I put it on the main TTC board. I'll post it here as well. I think this is a better place for me to be, anyways.
  • Late to the game here--my parents have been in town which has been wonderful! Sadly they left tonight and I'm feeling blue.

Anyway.

Sporty1216, NE, 40

TTC #2 for 7 cycles--have been benched for the last 2 months due to health issues with DH

CD 21

Just waiting for AF to show so we can get back to trying this cycle. Would so love for this to be our cycle!

Feeling hopeful, and even more certain that our LO needs a sibling. But I'm also feeling scared about being hopeful. Trying to stay positive and trust that when the time is right, we will conceive and have a pal for our little guy.