August 2015 Moms

So... When did you go into labor?

for all those that have been through it. When did labor start for you? I get most of my (tiny BH contractions) in the middle of the night... So I'm thinking that's when things will start (obviously can't predict when it starts/ends). Just wondering how it started for all of you...

Re: So... When did you go into labor?

• I was 41.2 with ds and had my first contraction at 5:30 am. I didn't even realize I was having contractions until they ramped up 30 minutes later even though they were 4 minutes apart from the get go.
  • DD1 = 3 am I got up to go to the bathroom because I thought I was having some diarrhea cramping.  NO result, just lots of cramping, turns out I was in labor, DD born 12 hours later

DS1 = 5am joked with DH (ex now) that maybe he shouldn't go to work because this was the day he told the baby to come out.  We laughed, I had a contraction, we laughed again.  DS born 6 hours later

DD#2 = 4pm  lost my mucus plug in the bathroom at work and started having stronger contractions (was having routine practice contractions for weeks) labored at home until 11pm, then we did an hour long photo shoot (DH just couldn't get the right photo he wanted!) and we went to the hospital at midnight.  DD born at 7:10 am. 
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Good luck @hazeldagarr ! Hope you have a great delivery!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Started having more frequent contractions on Sunday evening. Monday morning they were still there along with bloody discharge (which persisted all day). Went to work as contractions were not strong enough to stay home /head to hosptial. Contractions all night long, couldn't sleep. Got up to pee at 1:15 and pop, my water broke. So off to hosptial (GBP) and he was born at 12:15pm.
  • Woke up at 3:30am feeling crampy for my first time the entire pregnancy, went to pee & ended up losing my mucus plug, then almost immediately I started having contractions. Not at all painful, i could sleep through them, but by 4:30pm they were getting intense and by 6 they were painful. Upon arriving at the birth center at 6:30 I was 6cm and a few minutes later my water broke! They say to time your contractions which I did but if you start getting nervous that baby is coming a little faster, call or go in! The only reason I decided to go in at 6 was because my mom forced me and I am so thankful she did!
  • Started at 3am. At 6am I got up and took a shower, when I got out I told DH, I think we're having a baby today!
  • Water broke at 1am ish ,then labor started at 230am and had baby at 305am. Pretty fast and had no epidural:)
  • KMBC2552KMBC2552 member
    edited August 2015
    #1: 40w 5d - started about 7pm
    #2: 40w - started about 5pm
    #3: I am currently 39w 6d and still waiting...
    BabyFruit Ticker

• 1. 40w 2d in the afternoon
    2. TBD
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 1. Labor started about 6pm, went to the hospital about midnight, baby was born the next day at almost midnight.

2. Labor started about 11am, went to the hospital about 9pm, baby was born around 3am.

3. Praying this labor/delivery happens during normal awake hours to possibly help with some of the exhaustion! However, the late night births helped cut down on the worry of visitors!

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• #1 I went into labor on my due date at about 9:00 AM. He came 23 hours later, so one day overdue.

#2 started contractions at 7:00 am but went to work for half the day since I didn't think the contractions were real. Didn't realize I was in labor until about 6:15 pm and he was born at 8:15 with no drugs. 40 weeks 2 days.

#3 started labor probably in late afternoon but didn't notice contractions until about 6:00 pm on my way home from work. Maybe 10 hours of labor total, she came at 40 weeks 2 days as well.
  • Since I just gave birth a week ago I'll share my recent experience.

For 3 days before I'd ultimately go into labor DD was active(she ended up flipping herself breach)and in felt the most pressure on my bladdar and pelvis than ever before, and a slight uptick in stronger BH (I hadn't really had many noticable ones previously).

On Tuesday I was getting up ready for work and noticed a slight gush (but not alot) that felt like when you get some extra watery discharge which is normal for pregnancy. It had some clear mucusy type liquid so I didn't think anything of it. Changed and put on panty liner. This was 8am. Then I went through 2 more within the next 30mins, not soaking but noticable. Called Dr and told me to wear pad and call back later this morning since I wasn't sure if it was my water breaking aNd I had no contractions yet.

By 10am I soaked a pad and had some contractions, but nothin crazy. Called DT and set appt for 130 to check for amniotic fluid and check contractions. Between 1030 and 1230 I noticed increase and strength in contractions, nothing crazy aNd I was still leaking.

By 2pm at Drs I was having contractionz every 5 mins, 2cm, and still leaking (amniotic test were negative --turns out latee that I had a high rupture of my water). Then US showed DD breach. Off the hospital I went for csection.

By 430 pm I was 4cm and contracting every 2 mins waiting for OR. By 6 I was 8cm and contracting every 1 min or less (still no meds bc I was waiting for OR ans can't take Rx to stop contractions bc of heart issue). Was bumped to front of list for csection... and DD was born healthy and happy at 655pm.

:)
  • With DS woke up around 5:30 am on my DD with cramping. Was admitted at 2:00 pm when my water broke.
  • At 37 weeks/2 days... 2:30pm my water broke. Contractions started up an hour later, she was born at 10:16pm.
  • Water broke at 10:30pm at 39 wks and contractions started within 30 mins. By 4:30am we went to the hospital and I was 6cm. Delivered at 12:15. I had almost no BH contractions at all and as far as I know no maybe had a few and they were the last week. Like maybe I remember feeling 3.
  • This little guy is my first. I started losing my mucus plug Saturday thru the night and had contractions every 15 minutes starting Sunday late afternoon. I woke up Monday morning at 2 am and they were every 10 minutes but that's when they really started ramping up. LO was born Monday at 8 pm
  • With DD, I was 42 weeks. My alarm clock went off at 7am on monday morning and I had my first contraction, and regularly every 5 mins after. They were planning to induce me Tuesday if I hadnt gone naturally. I had her at 1:16 am Tuesday morning.

Baby #2 is due

August 26, 2015

• #1: 39 + 3 @ 5:30am
    #2: 39 + 4 @ 1:30am
    #3: 39 + 2 @ 6:30am
    #4: 40 + 4 @ 5:30am
    imageLilypie - (d9io)
    imageLilypie - (3w4O)
  • #1 38w4d at around 3:30 am
    #2 still to be determined

• DD was born at 36w 1d. My water broke in the middle of the night. She was delivered by c section at 6:59 pm.

Currently 38w 4d.

Clearly all pregnancies at different.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• DS: Had contractions starting in the evening checked into hospital at 10pm and had him at 10:30am.

DD: Had light contractions all day. Labor started at 5 pm, checked into hospital at 9:30pm, DD born at 11:30pm.

• DD1: 8 days after my due date I woke from a nap around 11:30pm and immediately started contractions and lost the plug.

DD2: 1 day after my due date I woke up around 3am and started having cramps and contractions 9 minutes apart.