April 2016 Moms
Options

** Healthy Living Check in **

Didn't see this yesterday, so thought I'd start it today!

Workout plan:

Meal plan:

Something for you: What's your favorite not-healthy food to indulge in?  

Rants/ Raves/ Questions: 

GTKY: Why do you workout? What's your motivation?

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
BFP #3 11/2015, CP
BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

Re: ** Healthy Living Check in **

• Options
    PeggyOlsonFTWPeggyOlsonFTW member
    edited August 2015
    Workout plan: MWF: run TuTH: Baby Boot Camp, Sat: off because it's DS's birthday party!

Meal plan: veggies burgers with grilled summer squash, eggplant parm, corn chowder, pizza and something with tempeh. Taco bar at DS's party on Saturday

Something for you: What's your favorite not-healthy food to indulge in? It's not really an indulgence, but I treat myself to one frozen mini peanut butter cup each night.

Rants/ Raves/ Questions: 

GTKY: Why do you workout? What's your motivation? I used to do it just to look good, but now it's more about setting a healthy example for DS. I don't do trendy diets or workouts - it's more of a normal lifestyle for me so hopefully it's the norm for DS too. Eating healthy myself has made DS eat healthy as well. When he comes to boot camp with me, he'll often practice his workout moves at home too. He'll do burpees, squats, push ups, lunges, shuffles, sit ups and planks!

BFP #3 11/2015, CP

• Options
    Workout plan: Hour long walk tonight, working out with a trainer Tues and Wed. Probably off Thurs, and maybe a walk on Friday and Saturday morning.

Meal plan: Protein shakes for breakfast, lunches out. Lightened up chicken enchiladas, chicken tenders and burgers for dinner.

Something for you: What's your favorite not-healthy food to indulge in? Some kind of dessert. Cookies or brownies.

Rants/ Raves/ Questions: I don't really have anything, other than it's Monday. Womp womp.

GTKY: Why do you workout? What's your motivation? Right now, I want to do it as much as I can before morning sickness kicks in. I would like to gain less weight than I did last time, so keeping up with workouts will be huge.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Workout plan: I used https://images.thenestbaby.com/tools/pdfs/exercising_through_pregnancy.pdf last time

Meal plan: we are gluten free. Tonight is bbq chicken breast and roasted Brussel sprouts.

Something for you: What's your favorite not-healthy food to indulge in? I never turn down a rolo.

Rants/ Raves/ Questions: nada

GTKY: Why do you workout? What's your motivation? I'm planning another natural birth. I know it's hard work that I need to be in shape for.
  • Options
    Workout plan: CrossFit Monday-Saturday as usual. Thursday and Friday will be trickier as I head back to work, I have to start going in the evenings and it is just SO HOT right now...

Meal plan: We're getting back on track with our Paleo eMeals plan this week.

Something for you: What's your favorite not-healthy food to indulge in? macaroni and cheese :-D fancy kinds with speciality cheeses

Rants/ Raves/ Questions: I effing hate the scale. I know I need to just avoid it but I must be sadistic or something.

GTKY: Why do you workout? What's your motivation? I started because I was morbidly obese at the end of high school. I saw myself in a video and I knew something had to change. Dirt is a huge part of it, but I didn't want to be "skinny fat" so I started working out. Note I love CrossFit because I love what it allows me to do.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Workout plan: CrossFit Monday-Saturday as usual. Thursday and Friday will be trickier as I head back to work, I have to start going in the evenings and it is just SO HOT right now... Meal plan: We're getting back on track with our Paleo eMeals plan this week. Something for you: What's your favorite not-healthy food to indulge in? macaroni and cheese :-D fancy kinds with speciality cheeses Rants/ Raves/ Questions: I effing hate the scale. I know I need to just avoid it but I must be sadistic or something. GTKY: Why do you workout? What's your motivation? I started because I was morbidly obese at the end of high school. I saw myself in a video and I knew something had to change. Dirt is a huge part of it, but I didn't want to be "skinny fat" so I started working out. Note I love CrossFit because I love what it allows me to do.
    The scale! Ugh. I don't get on it unless I absolutely have to. We don't even own one at home. I think this time around at every doctor's appointment I'm going to get on it backwards so I can see the number and have the nurse just tell me if the weight gain is a problem. It's so hard to watch those numbers go up and up and up!

BFP #3 11/2015, CP

• Options
    St0v3sSt0v3s member
    edited August 2015
    Workout Plan:
    Tuesday: cardio,arms, core and shoulders Wednesday: cardio, chest and back
    Friday: cardio, legs and glutes

Meal plan: haven't figured it out yet

Something for you: What's your favorite not-healthy food to indulge in? Ice cream

Rants/ Raves/ Questions:

GTKY: Why do you workout? What's your motivation? I started working out because I wanted to lose weight before having a baby. While I was comfortable with my body when overweight I wanted to make some improvements. Also is hard to find really cute clothes as a size 16. Now I'm working out because I don't want to struggle as much during pregnancy and since I'm already overweight and the doctor doesn't want me to gain more than 15-20 lbs.

Me- 25,DH-28

Anniversary

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Workout plan: run at least 3x/week, do some strength training 2-3x/week

Meal plan: we're on vacation, so it's not as heathy as usual. But we have burgers, Boardwalk pizza, grilled pork tenderloin, and grilled fish on the menu for the rest of this week. We've gone out to dinner twice here too.

Something for you: What's your favorite not-healthy food to indulge in? Pizza

Rants/ Raves/ Questions: rant! DS was climbing all over me while I was trying to eat breakfast and he knocked my plate on the floor. I hadn't had even half of it yet.

GTKY: Why do you workout? What's your motivation? I just like to. I was always an athlete and I like trying to beat myself now since I'm not involved in competitive sports anymore.
  • Options
    Love this!

Workout plan: Run four times a week (3-6 miles just depending on how I feel, I listen to my body) and cross train (elliptical or bike) on other days.

Meal plan: I am usually a pretty healthy eater except I have a CRAZY sweet tooth. My main goals right now are to eat MORE VEGGIES! and try to cut back to one sweet treat a day

Something for you: What's your favorite not-healthy food to indulge in?  Haha obviously sweets! We just got back from the beach with my in-laws last night and my MIL made this to die for key lime pie with a caramel graham cracker crust... so gooey and delish. But probably my #1 is ice cream. I indulged in some of the REAL stuff while at the beach, but at home I buy mini magnum bars or Yasso bars so I can get my sweet fix without going overboard.

Rants/ Raves/ Questions: Nothin really!

GTKY: Why do you workout? What's your motivation?: I hadn't run very much for years until this past fall, and I started with C25k and went all the way to finishing a half marathon on June 6th (average 10.5 minute miles!) And I'm much faster now than I was then! I have worked SO hard to get into amazing shape and I just want to stay healthy and fit throughout my pregnancy, both for the sake of my baby and also to make it easier to get back into shape after the fact.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    **Sorry I completely forgot yesterday. Thanks for picking up the slack!

Workout plan: T& Th- body sculpting class W&F-spin, Sat.- Long hike 

Meal plan: Tonight-homemade pizza and salad. Tues. Lemon Pepper Shrimp, Wed. Pasta & meatballs, Thurs. Grilled Chicken, corn on the cob, and salad. Friday-out to eat Sat-Hamburgers

Something for you: What's your favorite not-healthy food to indulge in?  Ice cream! 

Rants/ Raves/ Questions: I couldn't get to the gym because my DS has a cold and  instead of working out during nap, I'm bumping. 

GTKY: Why do you workout? What's your motivation? When I was younger I used to work out for sports, then as I got older for vanity reasons, now to control my anxiety and destress. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • Options
    @pinottoparenthood Congrats on your first half! I just did my first half on June 7th!

BFP #3 11/2015, CP

• Options
    Workout plan: Monday = Strength Pyramid, Tue = Cardio (run 2-3 miles), Wed = Yoga, Fri = HIIT and Abs

Meal plan: Mostly Whole30 (90%  compliant). 

Something for you: What's your favorite not-healthy food to indulge in?  Iced caramel macchiato's.

Rants/ Raves/ Questions: Has anyone ever done the kayla itsines's guides?

GTKY: Why do you workout? What's your motivation? I was always skinny fat. And when I got pregnant with DS, I thought I'd continue with my skinny fat ways. But then I got GD, high blood pressure and felt so gross all the time during my pregnancy. After I delivered, I lost most of the weight pretty fast, but then ended up with cellulite and was not happy with myself. At work we have a full gym  with classes during lunch and I signed up. I got fit and healthy and I feel a million times better. So I continued doing it and won't stop now!!! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Workout plan: Gym Mon & Wed, Zumba Tues, Running/Walking Friday and Saturday or Sunday 

Meal plan: Whatever I can get to stay down at this point. 

Something for you: What's your favorite not-healthy food to indulge in?  - Pizza

Rants/ Raves/ Questions: None. 

GTKY: Why do you workout? What's your motivation? Before I was pregnant it was to keep up my energy up and my weight down. Now, I'm working out to keep my baby and I healthy and to be ready for labor and delivery. 
      BabyFruit Ticker      image 
  • Options
    Workout plan: Beachbody Piyo 3 days a week; running/walking 3 days a week based on heat levels and fatigue levels. I was doing a kickboxing class 3 days a week but with the heat and fear of getting overheated during these stage, I'm moving to the piyo dvds so I can stay somewhat cool.  On days that I can't run or walk, I will do yoga. 

Meal plan: In order to get pregnant, I had to cut out a lot of carbs so I'm including some of the healthier options back in now for balance and energy.  But mostly sticking with the protein and vegetable food plan and a protein shake or everything bagel thin sandwich for breakfast. 

Something for you: What's your favorite not-healthy food to indulge in? Chocolate anything but especially ice cream. I'm pretty sugar sensitive so I can't indulge too much at a time.  A pint will last me a couple of weeks.

Rants/ Raves/ Questions: Potty training a new puppy that we had for 3 weeks when we found out we were pregnant and pregnancy fatigue is not a good combination.  I just want to sleep. 

GTKY: Why do you workout? What's your motivation? In 2013, I went on a beach vacation with my in-laws and did not like the person I saw in the pictures.  I only took head shots and didn't want to look at anything below my shoulders.  The moment we got back I started doing C25k and kickboxing.  I've lost over 30 pounds with PCOS and that is what helped me to get pregnant and I know it is what will help have a healthy pregnancy, stay sane and will hopefully have a positive effect on delivery. Because I worked out and focused on diet, I'm in smaller clothes than what I was when I was about 15 pounds lighter than I am now. 
    Me: 31 DH: 29
    Together: January 2007
    Married: October 2012
    TTC: June 2014
    Diagnosed with PCOS: November 2014
    Started Metformin: November 2014
    Period Recovered: January 2015
    BFP: July 31, 2015
    MC: August 21, 2015
    BFP #2: December 21, 2015
    EDD: August 27, 2015 
  • Options

Something for you: What's your favorite not-healthy food to indulge in? Chocolate anything but especially ice cream. I'm pretty sugar sensitive so I can't indulge too much at a time.  A pint will last me a couple of weeks.

Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    The medicine I'm on helps me from totally destroying it like I used to. Used to be it was lucky to survive the night. 
    Me: 31 DH: 29
    Together: January 2007
    Married: October 2012
    TTC: June 2014
    Diagnosed with PCOS: November 2014
    Started Metformin: November 2014
    Period Recovered: January 2015
    BFP: July 31, 2015
    MC: August 21, 2015
    BFP #2: December 21, 2015
    EDD: August 27, 2015 
  • Options
    Workout plan:  I started a round of 21 Day Fix again today, so I'll be sticking with that.

Meal plan:  Shakeology for breakfast, Chicken salad for lunch, and dinner varies.

Something for you: What's your favorite not-healthy food to indulge in?  Chocolate

Rants/ Raves/ Questions: Nothing atm.

GTKY: Why do you workout? What's your motivation? Trying to keep up with two busy boys while pregnant is EXHAUSTING.  Plus I want to stay in shape so labor is better, FX for a VBAC!
  • Options
    Workout plan: I do core strength training 4x a week and walk/hike/bike with the fam 3x a week.

Meal plan: we are gluten/dairy free, so I'll continue with that. We basically eat whole30, with the exception of rice now and then. ;)

Something for you: What's your favorite not-healthy food to indulge in? Potato chips are my downfall! I can't buy them or they'll be gone in a day. I do indulge in dark chocolate though.

GTKY: Why do you workout? What's your motivation? To have enough energy to keep up with my 4 kids, and to be toned.
    BabyFruit Ticker