Pregnant after a Loss

12 weeks today!

We made it to 12 weeks!! (I hope) I have an appointment next Tuesday and if all is looking good, we will probably announce. I opted for the genetic testing this time since we don't know what caused our loss and it came back with low markers for everything they tested! One step closer to bringing this baby home! Also, found out we are having a boy! My DH, DD, and I all thought we would probably have another girl, but surprise! Idk if I was crying with the results because of relief that everything is low risk or shock that we are having a boy, either way it was happy tears. We would have like another DD since we have all girl clothes and then DD would have a girl playmate, but we wanted a DS because DH is the last in his family line. So, no boy, and the family name ends with us. So, not disappointed with a boy, just surprised. Knowing the family line would end with us, we always joke that we would be the ones that had all girls. We haven't told family yet, so I had to shout it somewhere!!

Re: 12 weeks today!

• Yay! That's all awesome news! And yay for 12 weeks!

I am waiting anxiously for the same results!
    Married 7/20/13
    #1 MC August 2014 @ 5 Weeks
    #2 MC November 2014 @ 5 Weeks
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just got our results - it's a healthy baby girl! Hooray for this milestone for us both!
    Married 7/20/13
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Just got our results - it's a healthy baby girl! Hooray for this milestone for us both!

Yay! One step closer for both of us!
  • Congratulations, guys! Enjoy the rest of your pregnancies, those genetic tests are reliable!
  • Congrats to the both of you!! I'm having both.
  • And now the anxiety builds as I get ready for another appointment today. I was hoping this would go away, but nope. Since I was blissfully unaware for 3 weeks last time that something was wrong, I always assume the same for this baby. :S
  • I wish I could say it gets easier...but it didn't fit me until I could feel baby wriggling around and didn't need an ultrasound for reassurance anymore. Just pray for peace and you'll be receiving good news from the ultrasound tech soon. Do they know that you're nervous? I used to ask them to tell me that everything was O.K. A.S.A.P. so I didn't lie there and worry. Great luck today, it's going to be fine!
  • Heartbeat was 150 found with Doppler!! :) They know I am nervous and when we were doing ultrasounds, they always immediately told me they saw a heartbeat. So glad they did that because I would have been freaking out. They let me schedule another one in 2 weeks too. I felt DD move at 16 weeks, I will be 13 weeks Thursday so I am hoping I feel movement soon!!! Thanks for the support.
  • Two weeks is awesome! They sound understanding, which is great. I've only been this far along once, but they say you feel your second one earlier so any week now! Congratulations and I'm glad everything went well. <3
  • I'm so glad it went well! I have an appointment tomorrow. I don't feel too anxious which almost feels like I'm jinxing myself! I really want to hear that little heart!!
    Married 7/20/13
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • So.... Just kidding. I'm totally freaked out today. This is my first day back teaching and after one class I was clammy, tired, and a little crampy. After the second class all the tenderness in my breasts disappeared. I'm totally freaking myself out and now so horrified they won't find a heartbeat today. Oh the waiting game... At least I have an appt today so I can know what's happening in there regardless.
    Married 7/20/13
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Let us know @borgahurst ! I am usually fine until I get closer to my appointment then freak out. I hope you hear that little heartbeat!
  • Congrats!!
  • Oh, glorious relief! He found that heart beat right away - strong! It's amazing to hear. Thanks for the support!!!
    Married 7/20/13
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @rachrobertson - just curious... Did you "announce" already? We have told lots of family and friend (and work) and are thinking about putting it out there officially this weekend - but I am totally freaked out. The hubs doesn't really get my apperception. Guess I am just looking for someone to tell me I'm being super irrational (as always) and that a FB post isn't going to determine the health of our out little girl. ^#(^
    Married 7/20/13
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @borgahurst I told my husband after our appointment this week that I think this is as comfortable as I will be about announcing so if he wanted to tell the social media world he can. Surprisingly Mr. Loudmouth hasn't posted anything yet and I am not going to post anything. I am completely irrational and know it but I think we have a right to be, so I will support your craziness haha if you would like to feel less crazy, I can share with you just how crazy I am....the week I mc, I was supposed to help in the toddlers class at church with a certain lady. Fast forward to July when I am 9ish weeks and have been complication free, they asked me to help this lady again. I immediately become superstitious but agree to help anyway. Twenty minutes in, I felt a small gush and go to the bathroom to find I am bleeding and pass a clot so I have to leave, thinking I am mc again. They asked me if I can help again and this time I told her I can't because I know I will work myself into a panic attack leading up to Sunday. She said she understands but I am sure she is judging me. I don't care, I don't need extra stress even if it is irrational. So to answer your question, we have told immediate family and close friends and work (because I can't have certain patients), but nobody else and idk when we will announce, my growing belly may just be the announcement.
  • I'm so glad I'm not the only one. :^o Hooray for neuroses! I don't blame you for avoiding helping her. It sounds like it just caused more stress for you than anything.

I'm not sure what we are going to do. DH keeps asking me when I'm going to post it. I think I will just wait as long as I can before he just does it for me.
    Married 7/20/13
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker