September 2015 Moms
Options

How to write a thank you for a group gift?

What is the etiquette for writing a thank you note for a group gift? My co-workers threw me a baby shower yesterday and all pitched in to get the super nice pack n play that was on my registry. We have 18 people on our team, do I write a group thank you note, individual notes? I want to make sure everyone knows how appreciative my husband and I are!

Re: How to write a thank you for a group gift?

• Options
    BabyBugutskyBabyBugutsky member
    edited August 2015
    I received group gifts as well and I wrote each individual a separate thank you note. I just said "Thank you so much for the (insert gift item here). Baby to be will love it! We really appreciate the amazing gift." I made family ones more personal.
  • Options
    When I receive a group gift I write individual thank yous.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    JessicaS0914JessicaS0914 member
    edited August 2015
    I'm usually all for individual invites, however for a group work gift with that many people, I think food usually gets more appreciated! :). I'd bring in donuts or bagels to leave in a common break area with a single note thanking everyone. If I knew who was responsible for organizing the collection and purchasing,I'm might write them a separate one.
  • Options

I'm usually all for individual invites, however for a group work gift with that many people, I think food usually gets more appreciated! :). I'd bring in donuts or bagels to leave in a common break area with a single note thanking everyone. If I knew who was responsible for organizing the collection and purchasing,I'm might write them a separate one.

This is what I would do, also.
  • Options
    I would write them each an individual note. Food in addition to that would surely be appreciated too, but to me a group note wouldn't be enough.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Is it all of your coworkers? How big is your office? If it were me, I'd probably do that idea with some treats and a big sign that says thanks to everyone. Proper etiquette would probably have you write a thank you note to each one, which I would do if it were a group of people within your larger office area.

• Options
    I would write individual thank you notes (which is what I plan on doing for my work shower next week).
  • Options

We have a rather large office area, we are actually split up into 3 office areas in separate parts of the building, so we don't have a common area that is just for us. The areas were our group sits also houses other teams. I think I will go with the individual notes, just so I can leave one at everyone's desk and feel good about thanking everyone.

• Options
    My work team threw me a shower and I used bluemountain.com and sent a fun interactive card via email to the whole group. I work as an underwriter at a large insurance company but my team is pretty close in proximity to each other. Many opened the card and then even sent a reply back saying you are welcome with another cute card. For my other shower with my friends I sent each a card via snail mail the next day. I think it all depends on your work environment really.