February 2016 Moms

Mocktail recipes?

As football season is fast approaching and I cannot partake in the alcoholic festivities, I was wondering if anyone had any fun mocktail recipes. We have a lot of get togethers with friends to watch college football so it would be fun to have a special concoction for our parties. :D
Pregnancy Ticker

September Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Fall:

Re: Mocktail recipes?

• Mocktails make me sad.... you could always do a sangria with just grape juice as opposed to wine. 

View Full Size Image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Losses:
     7/16/2014 @ 7 Weeks 2 days
     2/01/2015 @ 4 Weeks 4 days

• I like a Roy Rogers It is very similar to the Shirley Temple.
    5 Parts Cola
    1 Part Grenadine
    1 Peel Lemon
    1 Whole Cherry
  • Loading the player...
  • Orange juice and a sparkling grape juice (instead of sparkling wine) for a mimosa (i use an orange/pineapple/whatever blend and it is delicious)
  • Orange juice, pineapple juice and cranberry.-as a bartender, I've concocted some pretty awesome stuff for my pregnant ladies ;;)
  • I'm a sucker for margaritas. I buy those "just add tequila" margarita mixers and blend them up with some ice and yum!
  • MamaFroFroMamaFroFro member
    edited August 2015
    My mock mimosa is part sparkling water part OJ. I also like izzy drinks with muddled herbs. Grapefruit izzy and muddled mint are really good! I'm going to try blackberry izzy and basil later too.

We used to make a sparkling sake drink with the sparkling sake poured over slices of oranges, lemons, limes, and some muddled mint. I bet this would be great with sparkling water and some of your favorite juice, thinking grapefruit would be good!

Pregnancy Ticker

Happy Birthday Month to Me!

• I was on a pineapple juice and coconut rum kick before I got pregnant. I tryed subbing coconut water or milk for the rum. It's not to bad if you get the amounts right
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited August 2015
    kwinsor85 said:
    Orange juice and a sparkling grape juice (instead of sparkling wine) for a mimosa (i use an orange/pineapple/whatever blend and it is delicious)
    Simply Orange with Mango is bomb.com!

ETA: Those concoctions sound amazing, @MamaFromero!

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • coconut water with a splash of lemon is pretty good. Use key lime juice and it pretty similar to a key lime martini
  • coconut water with a splash of lemon is pretty good. Use key lime juice and it pretty similar to a key lime martini

Ooh, I may want to try that!

I usually just do sparkling water with a little juice when I want something cocktail-ish. Before announcing this pregnancy, I drank sparkling water and cranberry juice at every event with alcohol so that it would look like I was drinking. And I have to say....not bad.