1st Trimester

7 weeks and SICK

Hi. I'm 7 weeks pregnant with twins and having a lot of trouble keeping anything down. A sip of anything and I'm running to the toilet. I'm afraid my babies are not getting the nutrients they need. Is this normal? Should I be concerned?

Thanks!

Re: 7 weeks and SICK

• QueenWaldorf4QueenWaldorf4 member
    edited August 2015
    Have you never heard of morning sickness? Or seen literally any movie that depicts pregnancy?
    Nope no woman has ever felt sick, or thrown up during pregnancy. (Please call your doctor if you've not been able to keep any fluids down for an extended period of time)
  • QueenWaldorf, there is no need to be rude and snarky. She is obviously concerned about the extent of her sickness, not the fact that she has been sick.

When you literally cannot keep a single thing down, I think that is cause for concern and could be Hyperemesis Gravidarum (extreme morning sickness) and you should speak to your doctor about it. 

Good Luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • @ssklar8 I'm not sure the white knighting was necessary. OP asked if throwing up was normal, @QueenWaldorf4 answered. Was the response sarcastic? Sure, but it's pretty common knowledge that lots of women get sick and throw up while pregnant. If you think that was rude, you've definitely not been here long. You have to develop a thick skin if you're gonna hang out with a bunch of pregos.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Or we are all supposed to be adults and are either parents, or about to be parents and should at this point in our lives be able to discuss things with maturity and respect.

As a chiver, I would expect you to have a bit more of a sense of community and support, rather than defend snarky comments meant to do nothing but make someone feel bad. 

But your right, I haven't been here long. I had this crazy notion that this is where you could go for support and ask the questions you feel dumb about to find out if it is worth having to pay for a doctors visit. I guess your right..... the world is a shitty place full of shitty people just looking for any excuse to shit all over you.... lol awesome.
  • ssklar8 said:
    Or we are all supposed to be adults and are either parents, or about to be parents and should at this point in our lives be able to discuss things with maturity and respect.

As a chiver, I would expect you to have a bit more of a sense of community and support, rather than defend snarky comments meant to do nothing but make someone feel bad. 

But your right, I haven't been here long. I had this crazy notion that this is where you could go for support and ask the questions you feel dumb about to find out if it is worth having to pay for a doctors visit. I guess your right..... the world is a shitty place full of shitty people just looking for any excuse to shit all over you.... lol awesome.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• PugsandKissesPugsandKisses member
    edited August 2015
    **Removed for TOU Violation**
  • ssklar8 said:
    Or we are all supposed to be adults and are either parents, or about to be parents and should at this point in our lives be able to discuss things with maturity and respect.

I'm just warning you that if you expect butterflies and kittens, you're not going to get it here. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • This is my second pregnancy, and at 7 weeks along as well, I have never been so sick in my life. My first one was very good to me so it's definitely been a challenge. Fortunately, I have other mommy friends who are kind and offer any advise and remedies they may have. Always talk to your Dr but what got me out of bed the last two days were, Earth Mama morning tea, ginger mint candies, warm lemon water (add mint of you can), Dr gave me Rx for nausea, keeping crackers /pretzels nearby, and drinking as much water as you can possibly stomach. There is so much more you can google but you can find something that works for you. And when you have a toddler demanding pancakes and bike rides, you don't have a choice ;) Wish you well!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is a forum, not a support group.