Pregnant after a Loss

Check-In and Symptoms Question

Good morning, all! While I do have a specific question, I also wanted to check in with everyone.

How far along are you and how are things going? What scares have you had that turned out to be nothing to worry about?

I am about 11.5 weeks. I have been getting up three or four times a night to pee but last night it was only once (which prompted my morning panic). Symptoms have been waning in general (which makes sense as the first trimester comes to an end and the placenta takes over). But, two other things troubled me this morning too.

I have continued to take my BBT as I read it should remain elevated during the first trimester and a drop could be a signal of a problem. (Much of what I've read this morning has said to put the thermometer down - it can cause unneeded anxiety. But my need to feel in control seems to be stronger). For the last few days my temp has been dropping. Six days ago it was at 98.28 and by today it was at 97.78. My coverline is 97.2 which is still a ways off. And once the placenta takes over it should return to that.

So all of that seems slightly concerning but not overly so. But I got up to pee again and my breasts which I couldn't even touch yesterday felt nothing. That sent me into a spiral. Ugh. They are slightly more sore now but all of those things together this morning made me a bit crazy.

I guess I am just looking for reassurance and want to provide a space for others to get the same.

Has anyone had something similar? Has anyone else had other types of crazed freak outs that turned out to be ok?

Thanks for being a community where I can ask such insane questions and not feel like a loser! I hope everyone else is doing well.
Married 7/20/13
#1 MC August 2014 @ 5 Weeks
#2 MC November 2014 @ 5 Weeks
#3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Check-In and Symptoms Question

• Symptoms (or lack there of) are not an indication of a healthy pregnancy. I am 24 weeks pregnant now, my breasts were very tender in the first tri, but really haven't been in the 2nd tri. I will occasionally have a day here and there when they are tender, but for the most part they haven't been since probably 12 or 13 weeks. I also noticed a variation in urination frequency. There were some nights I would get up 3 or 4 times, and some nights just once. Even at 24 weeks I had a night last week I only got up twice (win!). Your urination especially at 11 weeks is going to have more to do with how much you drink, when you drink, and how much fluid your body is requiring. You may just be a little dehydrated so your body is making less urine. I would consider yourself lucky, you will be waking up to hourly in just a few weeks lol.

I would put the thermometer down, you are just stressing yourself out.
  • My breasts used to freak me out, too. Talking to people didn't help, the only thing that made me feel better was going in and checking on the baby. I called my nurse and, when she called me back, I was completely honest and told her how scared I was. I even cried over the phone. She told me to come on in and snuck me in for a quick ultrasound (without seeing the doctor). She told me that, before I get that upset again, to call her. It may seem silly to other people, but if you're concerned, even if you know you're paranoid like I do, call and see if they'll bring you in for peace of mind. Thinking of you because I know how it feels!
  • Loading the player...
  • I freak out over everything. My boobs weren't sore one day and I completely flipped out. The next day they were sore again and that made me feel better. Even after seeing the baby twice and being sick all the time I am still on edge. I think what you're (we) are feeling is completely normal considering the heartbreaks we've been through. Just know we are all here for you!
  • I am also 11.5 weeks along (EDD 2/18/16) and I have had minimal symptoms like I did with DD. I was getting up to pee at least once or twice a night until about 9 weeks. My breasts were intermittently mildly tender and that also stopped around 9 weeks. And my nipples were darkened but went back to normal at around 10 weeks. So, I was worried I would have another loss. Went to the doctor last Wednesday and all is good. And now today, I am super gassy and my boobs are more sore. I just feel bloated and pregnant today. People always say it is normal for symptoms to come and go, but after a loss, I think it is completely normal to question everything. Soon enough we will feel our babes move and hopefully not worry so much.....until we don't feel them move for a period of time and start nitpicking that. Ugh February can not come soon enough!
  • Thank you, ladies. Things are better today. Peed about a million times last night. In general, I think I am slowly finding peace with myself and believing this pregnancy is for real.

@ash413 - I DID put down the thermometer this morning! I am sort of surprised at myself. Go me!

@PlainJane8350 - I have a girlfriend who has also told me just to call. No one will think I'm crazy, it's my right to feel comforted.

@wilkat2009 - I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks about every little thing. We have an appointment next Wednesday and while we have no u/s scheduled until week 20, we should be able to hear the heartbeat then. We also get our chromosomal results this week.

@rachrobertson - Yay Feb 16 buddies! Based on LMP I'm due date is 2/17, but last measurement said 2/20. I'm glad we have this space. While the Feb16 board is helpful, this crazed post would have been scoffed at.

On a final note, I have been reading my daily horoscope. The last two days seem to reflect my last two days perfectly. Take the support and positive vibes where you can get them! Thanks again for the support!
    Married 7/20/13
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm a Cancer, too, so thanks for the horoscope updates!
  • Just had to share today's horoscope! Wow!
    Married 7/20/13
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Totally guilty of not wanting to jinx myself! Thanks again for another astrological update, fellow crab!