November 2015 Moms
Options

Chest Pain

has anyone had chest pain and pain when breathing if they lay down? This just started tonight but didn't know if it's normal the further you get or not... I do have a clotting disorder I have to take Lovanoxshots every day but I don't want to overreact if it's just a normal symptom with getting bigger and more uncomfortable... Any suggestions, if it keeps up I'll definitely call the dr but like I said don't want to overreact

Re: Chest Pain

• Options
    I've been having trouble taking deep breaths for the last two weeks, and sometimes I get some slight chest pain, but it's only momentary. I've been keeping an eye on it, as breathing can get difficult as baby gets bigger. In your case, I would be worried if I had a preexisting condition. You could always call the nurses line and ask what their opinion is.
    Me: 28 DBF: 30
    BFP#1 07/10/14 EDD 3/14/15 Diagnosed with Blighted Ovum 08/18/14
    BFP#2  3/17/15 EDD 11/22/15
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    If it were me, and it continued I would for sure call the nurses line or your dr. My family also has a history of heart problems, but never hurts to be safe.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have recurring pericarditis which has been treated with steroids and other drugs when I get a bad flare up and part of my symptoms include the sharp pain when I lie down and shortness of breath. I only find comfort when I sit up and lean forward. If this is something that persists I would contact your doctor, just in case you are having some sort of inflammation. The less stress on yourself and your baby the better. Hope you feel better soon!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Is it possibly heartburn? It feels like chest pain to me, sometimes. Maybe try taking a tums and see if it helps. I'd definitely call the dr if it continues, don't want to risk anything!

If you're laying on your back, it could definitely be that causing the discomfort. See if it improves by lying on your left side.
  • Options

Is it possibly heartburn? It feels like chest pain to me, sometimes. Maybe try taking a tums and see if it helps. I'd definitely call the dr if it continues, don't want to risk anything!

If you're laying on your back, it could definitely be that causing the discomfort. See if it improves by lying on your left side.

This is what I was going to say. Heartburn for me feels like extreme pressure in my chest, and definitely gets worse when I lay down.
  • Options
    I have it sometimes, and I don't feel like it's heartburn, I feel like it's trapped gas. Usually it hits my chest before my shoulders and it can be excruciating. With your pre-existing condition, I would definitely phone your doctor just to be sure you're okay. 
  • Options
    I have to take lovenox injections too every night. And have had some trouble breathing. Doctor says it probably is just because of how big the uterus is getting and how much space it's taking up. Try laying down with your head above your shoulders. That helps me.
  • Options

has anyone had chest pain and pain when breathing if they lay down? This just started tonight but didn't know if it's normal the further you get or not... I do have a clotting disorder I have to take Lovanoxshots every day but I don't want to overreact if it's just a normal symptom with getting bigger and more uncomfortable... Any suggestions, if it keeps up I'll definitely call the dr but like I said don't want to overreact

Can shortness of breath be a normal symptom yes, but you also have a clotting disorder. While it is unlikely you would get a pulmonary embolism while on lovanox, it is not unheard of. You need to call your doctor and get their input.
  • Options
    ash413 said:
    Can shortness of breath be a normal symptom yes, but you also have a clotting disorder. While it is unlikely you would get a pulmonary embolism while on lovanox, it is not unheard of. You need to call your doctor and get their input.
    I've also recently found out shortness of breath can be a symptom of fairly severe anemia.  
    If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

• Options
    laswett said:

I've been having trouble taking deep breaths for the last two weeks, and sometimes I get some slight chest pain, but it's only momentary. I've been keeping an eye on it, as breathing can get difficult as baby gets bigger. In your case, I would be worried if I had a preexisting condition. You could always call the nurses line and ask what their opinion is.

I'm having problems taking deep breaths aswell, sometimes combined with a feeling my heart is going to pound right out of my chest.