November 2015 Moms

Polyhydramnios - anyone else??

Hi ladies.  My ultrasound showed I have Polyhydramnios (24 weeks 5 days) and that my baby boy is in the 95th percentile.  Maternal Diabetes test and bloodwork were normal, so my care was transferred from my baby doc to a high risk doc last week.  I'm supposed to be able to schedule an appointment with my new doc this coming week and have several questions for them.  In the meantime, I'm in limbo, praying and trying to stay positive.  Has anyone else experienced this during pregnancy?  I know it's rare, only 1% of women get it, but hoping maybe someone here can relate.  TIA ;)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Polyhydramnios - anyone else??

• BettyttebBettytteb member
    edited August 2015
    No experience to share, but good luck!!
  • I don't have experience myself but my mom had it while pregnant with me and everything was fine and I was a healthy baby she just had an extra big belly! Good luck with your new doctor!
  • Loading the player...
  • No experience with me personally but I am a labor and delivery nurse and I've never seen a negative experience with someone who has had poly- all of the patients I've seen have delivered healthy babies at term! The only thing is the office we work with normally induces labor in patients with poly, instead of letting them take their natural course, and you will have to get more ultrasounds & have more visits than normal, but I wouldn't worry too much :) just listen to your doctor & take care of yourself :)
  • No experience but I would check out the high risk board. There are a lot of ladies there that can help you. They aahave been through differebt things one of them might be going through or gone through this. Praying for you and baby
  • Gapeach83 said:

No experience but I would check out the high risk board. There are a lot of ladies there that can help you. They aahave been through differebt things one of them might be going through or gone through this. Praying for you and baby

Thank you so much for the prayers. :) I did post tbere, but have more responce here. Ha
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml