September 2015 Moms

How many times do you wake up at night??

2»

Answers

• I usually only wake up 1 time to go to the restroom. It does take me a while to go to sleep most nights due to restless legs though.
  • I wake up about every half hour to 45 minutes, but it's from hip pain, not needing to pee.  I sometimes have to get up once in the night to pee, but not always.  

Sometimes, it's hip pain AND acid reflux, which is always fun.  
  • Loading the player...
  • 2-3 times and I can go back to sleep so it's not too bad. For leg cramps try accupunture and yoga, it really worked for me after 1 session, i never got it again after. Carrying the extra weight puts more pressure on muscles and tight muscles can cause cramps too not just dehydration.
  • This is definitely the hardest trimester for me. I had it relatively easy 1st and 2nd tri so I feel like I'm making up for it now. :( I can't even keep count, it's anywhere from 3 to 7 times a night I would say. Between needing to pee, hip hurting from laying on either side too long, leg cramps, and acid reflux. Oh and let's not forget my dog who has decided he too needs to start peeing at 2 or 3 in the morning, sometimes he's the one that wakes me scratching at the door to be let out and then of course since I'm awake o have to pee too. I've given up trying to go to bed before midnight, I try and tire myself out so I can sleep harder for the 2-3 hrs I do sleep. Oh the joys of pregnancy! This will all be worth it soon ladies!
  • 1-3 times. I joke with people that I've been sleep deprived for the past 11 years.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Usually 3-5 times. I'm staying hydrated but some nights I get super thirsty. Those are the nights I wake up 5 times. Every time I get up my dogs look at me like seriously your getting up again... Then I'm up every morning between 5 and 6 since it starts to get light out and then my dogs have to pee.
  • Things that have helped me:
    - sleeping in another bedroom because my husbands snoring and movements wake me up too much
    - using a noise maker app on my phone to lull me asleep and drown out any other noises
    - downloaded a hypnobirthing thing on iTunes and it puts me to sleep almost immediately (nothing else seems to do that for me)
    - stretch my calves out for the first few minutes after getting into bed to prevent cramps
    - not taking ANY real naps throughout the day, only 10 to 15 min "power naps" where I just rest my eyes
    - cutting carbs -- it makes me ridiculously tired and sleepy if I cut down on carbs during the day
  • I wake up alot at night to pee (5) and to just move but it supriseingly doesnt bother me at all.
    My limbs fall asleep alot so it gives me a chance to wake then up and fix my many pillows i have to find a new position until next time i get up. So im always comfortable lol