1st Trimester

Truly NTNP (Creeping over from TTGP)

Hi ladies! I am lurking over here to from the TTGP page :)

I am just curious if any of you were TRULY not trying/not preventing - but perfectly happy with the idea of getting pregnant! That's the point I'm at in my journey and not so much starting to actively TTC just yet.

Thanks for any input! Happy and Healthy 9 months to all of you!

Re: Truly NTNP (Creeping over from TTGP)

• That's what we did with DD. We were never going to wake up and say "Today we are ready for a baby" so I just went off the pill and we kept up with our normal sex life. It was a fun surprise when that second line showed up.
  • That is me and DH. It was a well if it happens we will be fine and if it doesn't it doesn't matter. I went off BC as it messes with my moods too much (I do have a mood disorder) and we agreed to not try but not prevent.
    DD: Beatrix Louise aka BeeBop. April 2 2016. H.I.E Warrior <3
  • Loading the player...
  • I'll chime in that I/we were the opposite.  Aside from the fact that I've wanted a baby since I was a teenager (but consciously knew it wasn't a good idea) - once I we got to the 3 months post-BCPs... I couldn't help but pay closer attention to my cycles... so even if we were supposedly NTNP, it wouldn't have been "truly NTNP."
    28yo, TTC#2 since 6/2014
    Kiddo #1 = 10 cycles of trying, 1 CP and is now a toddler
    TTC#2 since 2/2017

• We truly were not TTC/ but not preventing, either. My husband has been asking for kids since the day we got married (been married almost 9 years now), but I never was ready. I stopped taking the pill when I realized that I was okay with the idea of being a mom, but if it didn't happen that was okay by me too. The very first month I was off the pill, I got pregnant! Talk about fast!
  • Thanks for your responses ladies!

arcanejinx I've heard that a lot of people have that issue with BC! Sounds like no fun :(

PumpkinTi  that's a good point! I definitely am very much a "need to know" type person so I have been looking into charting my cycles just to be more conscious of what's going on with my body, I just don't want to obsess over it!

nbc2015 holy cow that is crazy lol! I guess your husband was probably like that's RIGHT! :)

• PumpkinTi  that's a good point! I definitely am very much a "need to know" type person so I have been looking into charting my cycles just to be more conscious of what's going on with my body, I just don't want to obsess over it!

I can tell you charting BBT (and CM if I happened to notice it...) made TTC soooooooooooooooo much less stressful.  My cycles are long(er) and irregular (from 34-49 days) - so playing the 'when can i test' game was exhausting and led to a lot of negative test followed by AF a few days later.  Once I started temping, it became habit to temp in the am, plug it in, go back to sleep and then I could mentally set a 'test day' once it confirmed O.  Just my two cents!  Good luck
    28yo, TTC#2 since 6/2014
    Kiddo #1 = 10 cycles of trying, 1 CP and is now a toddler
    TTC#2 since 2/2017

• This is how I ended up pregnant - I haven't been on HBC in years and so once we got married in May, we stopped trying to prevent it. I didn't temp, but I did track other signs (CM, suspected ovulation pains) and just had sex when we felt like it. I planned on starting temping after I got my next period to verify if I was even ovulating, but it never came because I was already ktfu :)
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • That's what we did. I have very irregular periods when I'm not on any form of birth control, and had just gotten my IUD out, so I really had no idea when I was going to ovulate. I took a pregnancy test after 3 and a half weeks sans IUD "just to rule it out" and it was positive! We were shocked but very happy, especially since I was told I might have a difficult time getting pregnant.
  • This was true for me at first with #1 until m/c #1 when we became more serious about TTC and by the time I was KTFU I had gotten a little BSC about TTC. With this pregnancy we started NTNP fairly early thinking it would be another 3 year journey it was not and it's twins.
  • We were definitely not trying/my preventing with this pregnancy, as well as our last. Last time we were really shocked as I found out I was pregnant while at the ER. But this time I had a feeling something was up because of some random symptoms, but nah y because our other two little ones were acting unusual lol we're so excited this time as well as last time. Babies are blessings regardless.