April 2016 Moms
Options

Prenatal vitamins

Hello fellow expecting moms! I'm extremely early in my pregnancy. The dr wants me taking prenatal vitamins but I have a hard time taking pills. I take a gummy multivitamin but doesn't have iron in it. I eat A LOT of green leafy veggies that have natural iron in it. They have gummy prenatal vitamins but they don't have iron in it which the dr said is very important. Can anyone recommended a gummy prenatal vitamin OR a gummy iron supplement? TIA!

Re: Prenatal vitamins

• Options
    Check out the other post on prenatal vitamins.
  • Options
    Ok totally random but I just saw this thing in Food Network Magazine about these little iron fish that you can boil in liquids and it will actually infuse it with iron. It was tested in iron deficient nations and they saw a 50% decrease in anemia...I swear I am not making this up, though it sounds insane!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not sure if it is available where you are, but here you can buy iron supplement in liquid form. It really doesn't taste like much, and you can mix it in your drinks. Maybe that would help?
  • Options
    2 Flintstones chewables each day for as long as you can stand the taste. That's what my doc had me do last pregnancy.
    kids with flags