February 2016 Moms

Labor Buddies

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a pair off of having a labor buddy. One of my last groups did this and I think it was quite fun. Comment here if you are interested along with your due date!

Re: Labor Buddies

• Sorry, could you explain what a labor buddy is?
    Thanks!
     BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • AchaeAchae member
    It's a more personal level than a big thread of check ins. Each buddy would ask how things are going, remind to do kegels, I think a few even did a Christmas exchange/baby gift if people were comfortable giving out that info.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it's way to early for that. There are still a ton of people on this BMB and a lot of people will still leave for one reason or another. Maybe waiting til later in the 2nd trimester may be better...
  • Way too early.

• Achae said:
    It's a more personal level than a big thread of check ins. Each buddy would ask how things are going, remind to do kegels, I think a few even did a Christmas exchange/baby gift if people were comfortable giving out that info.
    Thanks for the info!
     BabyFruit Ticker

• For sure way too early! Usually the group of ladies that continue to post on TB goes way down throughout the course of their pregnancy. I would wait until like November before trying to organize anything like this. I think with my last board we waited until women started hitting 30 weeks before organizing this.

View Full Size Image

Pregnancy Ticker

Losses:
     7/16/2014 @ 7 Weeks 2 days
     2/01/2015 @ 4 Weeks 4 days

• Yeah I think we talked in the beginning about waiting a while before doing labor buddies. There are people here still experiencing losses. I would say at minimum not before everyone is in the second Tri, maybe not till late second Tri.
    Benjamin born on - 4/5/12
    BFP 12/31/14, EDD 9/08/14 ~ Natural M/C 2/21/14 at 11.5 weeks
    BFP 5/24/15 - EDD 2/4/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• I think it sounds like a great idea - but totally agree with waiting until later in the 2nd Tri
    28yo, TTC#2 since 6/2014
    Kiddo #1 = 10 cycles of trying, 1 CP and is now a toddler
    TTC#2 since 2/2017

• I didn't want to start a new thread since there are so many already, but are we doing this..? If so, when? Also is there a way to pair up FTM and STM/TTM (etc) I know I'd really benefit from someone to pester with my millions of questions.
  • I didn't want to start a new thread since there are so many already, but are we doing this..? If so, when? Also is there a way to pair up FTM and STM/TTM (etc) I know I'd really benefit from someone to pester with my millions of questions.

I believe the consensus was to wait until most people are in the 2nd tri. Pairing up FTMs with STM+ seems like a good idea though!
    BFP 5/24/15 - EDD 2/4/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• bookqueen said:

I didn't want to start a new thread since there are so many already, but are we doing this..? If so, when? Also is there a way to pair up FTM and STM/TTM (etc) I know I'd really benefit from someone to pester with my millions of questions.

I believe the consensus was to wait until most people are in the 2nd tri. Pairing up FTMs with STM+ seems like a good idea though!
    I thought pretty much everyone was in the second trimester now? I know some of us are starting our third.
    (Then again pregnancy brain and math don't add up)
    I'm a clueless FTM so I'm just curious :) thanks for responding!

Also,Please excuse the bad pun. Not intended.
  • Do you get paired up based on due dates?

*Kate*

February 2016

• I'm due 3 feb and I'm pretty close to my third tri already
  • mcklough said:

Do you get paired up based on due dates?

I read in a previous forum that they give you someone who isn't due too close to you, that way neither of you will be in labor at the same time. That was from another BMB though, I googled it.
  • bookqueen said:

I didn't want to start a new thread since there are so many already, but are we doing this..? If so, when? Also is there a way to pair up FTM and STM/TTM (etc) I know I'd really benefit from someone to pester with my millions of questions.

I thought pretty much everyone was in the second trimester now? I know some of us are starting our third.

AHHH pregnancy brain! I meant third tri, not second. Lol!! People wanted to wait until late second tri, which I know many are probably several weeks away from still.
    BFP 5/24/15 - EDD 2/4/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• mcklough said:

Do you get paired up based on due dates?

Typically, yes. You get paired up so you aren't with someone who is due around the same time as you. Less likely that you will both be in labor at the same time and unable to update.
    BFP 5/24/15 - EDD 2/4/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• bookqueen said:

bookqueen said:

AHHH pregnancy brain! I meant third tri, not second. Lol!! People wanted to wait until late second tri, which I know many are probably several weeks away from still.
    Ohh! Okay! Thanks again, I know nothing about this stuff. It just sounds fun! So I'm assuming admin will start this later?
  • bookqueen said:

bookqueen said:

Ohh! Okay! Thanks again, I know nothing about this stuff. It just sounds fun! So I'm assuming admin will start this later?
    It's a bmb thing not an admin regulated thing...
  • bookqueen said:

bookqueen said:

Admins don't assign labor buddies. Usually one of the members will do a document for it and assign randomly based on due date.
    BFP 5/24/15 - EDD 2/4/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• bookqueen said:

bookqueen said:

bookqueen said:

Admins don't assign labor buddies. Usually one of the members will do a document for it and assign randomly based on due date.
    Oh to me admin is the people who have been creating and regulating the weekly posts, sorry. I don't mean actual admin who post like rules and stuff. I keep forgetting my brain and thoughts are different than everyone else's.
  • Did we agree it's random or we pick our own??

I will start a sign up for a buddy thread once we decide if it's random or picking.

Random you would just post that you want one and then I'll take all the names and match

You pick- you will write you're interested in a buddy then once that's done you can see who else wants one and ask them?

• I saw this in January 16 and loved this idea ! Random sounds like the best idea to me ! I'm interested do you think we should organize by due date and location ? if possible that way if the other buddy is comfortable texting one another would be an option
  • I agree with random, but if possible I would prefer someone who has already had a baby so they could tell me all the details and I could try going to them for questions before posting a thread about like diaper sizes or something. (Bad example)
  • I saw this in January 16 and loved this idea ! Random sounds like the best idea to me ! I'm interested do you think we should organize by due date and location ? if possible that way if the other buddy is comfortable texting one another would be an option

Why location?
    BFP 5/24/15 - EDD 2/4/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• @bookqueen I just saw that's what a few other birth month groups had and they said it worked nicely so they could text one another instead of having to deal with long distance charges. It doesn't matter to much to me because there's always this app or Facebook to connect with my labor buddy ! Just an idea ☺️
  • I don't plan on giving anyone my personal info like that to call them when in having the baby..... I would rather pm here, or maybe email?
  • I think location is sort of silly because depending on how the relationship evolutions it might be creepy. I think it's best the relationship start off here then the buddies decide where/how to communicate.
  • You could do it t time zone, doesn't have to be location specific. Then it isn't as big of an issue or too personal?

Although, I live in the eastern time zone and both sides of the fan are pacific, so I'm used to texts and calls at midnight because they don't realize what time it is.
  • I think it would be good to put people together that want similar things. I'd like to text mine and be friends on Facebook maybe. For example wisco and I might not be the best pair because she doesn't want to share private numbers

*Kate*

February 2016

• I like this idea but also is it possible to include CS moms too?
  • I like this idea but also is it possible to include CS moms too?

Everyone is included !

• mcklough said:

I think it would be good to put people together that want similar things. I'd like to text mine and be friends on Facebook maybe. For example wisco and I might not be the best pair because she doesn't want to share private numbers

I agree! I'm an open book and have no issue sharing (probably because of the military forcing me to live and shower with 80 women..) so I would prefer to be able to at least email them from time to time. I prefer texting since it doesn't use my data, but whatever works for them. I'm super glad people actually saw this!

Thanks to everyone who explained it to me as well.
  • Thanks @AdventureMama for all you do
  • wisco29 said:

Did we agree it's random or we pick our own??

I will start a sign up for a buddy thread once we decide if it's random or picking.

Random you would just post that you want one and then I'll take all the names and match

You pick- you will write you're interested in a buddy then once that's done you can see who else wants one and ask them?

Just kidding. 8-}
  • @wisco29: Sorry! Didn't mean to totally take it over. I totes need your help though :)
    Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16