1st Trimester

How did you know?

Re: How did you know?

• When my 1 year old was acting fussy all the time (he normal never fusses) and my two year old was being super lovey and sweet lol THAT'S how I knew.
  • edited August 2015
    @LilyGR You just summed up my preggo life!! Exhausted all day and then BAM wide awake!
  • Loading the player...
  • My boobs were on fire! They hurt like nothing I had ever felt before. I also had horrible b.o. (Tmi, sorry) no amount of deodorant could fix it! Gross! Took a test when af was a day late...bfp!
  • I wondered becuase i had some odd niggly cramps which i never had before about 4 days before AF was due, BFP 2 days before AF due, could have just been coincidence though as we got + on our second cycle. Didnt have any classic signs until 6 weeks and it was nausea
  • Well looks like I'm late to the party, but, everything was EXACTLY like it is before I start AF, extremely sore boobs starting at 10dpo, I took a test that day, and it was negative so I was just waiting for AF to show up. 18dpo, and still hadn't started, I decided to take another test and I was completely shocked when it was a positive. My only other symptom so far is one headache which I had last night.
  • Actually, lol, I missed all the symptoms this month. I work from home and two days a week ago I fell asleep for 3 hrs at a time. I started adding hot sauce to everything a week ago without thinking and I had two dreams, one with two pink lines, the other with me walking a newborn around the block. I missed all of these but DH caught them all and told me "Maybe you should pee on a stick". After months of disappointment I actually told him that there was "absolutely no way I was pregnant, let's not waste money" but after tossing my dinner one night, I changed my mind loll. Tested the next morning, positive, that afternoon, positive, the following morning, positive and a weeks estimator with 1-2.

Still in shock
  • kimey1kimey1 member
    edited August 2015
    Usually when someone in the same household has their period before me, it jump starts my period. My sister in law happened to stay over at our place a week prior my period 2months ago and the next day I started my period. She also happened to stay with us 1 month ago, again on her period.

When I didnt get my period right away, like the month before, I had a hunch. Then I started to get bloated and kept going to the bathroom. But after my mmc in the spring, i thought I was pregnant last month and was disappointed so I let things be. But when I started getting these lightning sharp pains from down there, I had stronger suspicions. So a week ahead of my expected period I POAS and my suspicions were confirmed :)
  • I cramped earlier than usual for my period, had all of my period like symptoms except one. Usually I have a dry spell before my period and I kept feeling wet. I kept thinking there's my period, but nothing. I started suspecting I was pregnant early, afterall we had just stopped trying and that's when they say it happens. Lol. I was really dizzy and had to grab onto a yearlings face at work to keep me from hitting the ground. Mood swings early on too. I was ready to tear the head off of my barn foreman for every little stupid thing she said, although in my favor, she said and did a lot of stupid things. Lol. I was terrified to take a test but a coworker talked me into it. Sure 'nough, didn't have to wait even a minute, both lines were pink as could be. The control line was actually more muted, though I've heard that means nothing.
  • I was temping, so when my temp spiked up 10DPO, I had a feeling I should test, even though I wasn't planning to for a few more days. Sure enough, BFP. I didn't really notice symptoms until the next day, but that was probably in my head. Although I guess hormones are a powerful thing...I probably wouldn't have turned a test 9DPO, but who knows.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• DH were on vacation and out on our bikes a few days after I ovulated and I started getting unreal cramps. Similar to period cramps but the timing was way off. I had a serious hunch they were implantation cramps. Sure enough I got my first positive test shortly after we got home (about 4 days before period was due). I didn't get any noticeable symptoms until 6 weeks though and they haven't stopped since!
  • Sore boobs. I always get them right before my period but they started aching 2 weeks before it was due. Also, I was so tired by 1-2pm and I'm never a nap taker.
  • I woke up three nights in a row (multiple times) to pee. I NEVER do this. I took a test on the 3rd morning at 10 dpo and got my bfp!
  • Positive test at 9DPO was the first sign for me.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• My boobs were sore for a week, but my period didn't show up, so I POAS (roughly 13 dpo, apparently). As soon as it was wet, there was a plus.
  • My first pregnancy, I waited several days past my expected period to take the test. Each day increased my excitement, so that I didn't wait the full week I thought I would. I had suspicions, but I can't chalk it up to any particular reason aside from wishful thinking. Sadly, that pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. Since then, every time my period came or a test came up negative, I was absolutely heartbroken and in a funk for several days. This month, I just couldn't bear getting my hopes up by waiting. I took the test the same evening my period was missed, just to put myself out of my misery-- and it was positive!
  • My body started to reject my fully healed belly button piercing of 4 years. And my breasts were really sore shortly after.
  • For the 3rd night in a row I was up peeing 3+ times. The last time that happened I was pregnant with my son.
  • A positive pregnancy test.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • I was feeling bloated and tired like my period was coming- which is was in 4 days. But then for 2 days in a row I woke up to my breasts hurting so badly it felt like they did when I had been breast feeding my first daughter, nothing like normal breast tenderness with a period. Additionally, I had what I consider to be RLP with movement or if I cough/sneeze I was getting these odd sharp pains that disappeared quickly. It was all just a little unusual. I have taken TONS of pregnancy tests over the last year and they have all been turning up negative. For some reason I decided to test 4 days before my missed period..... And it was positive, they were all positive!
  • I didn't feel anything special...just the test 
  • I was TTC so struggled to wait til my AF was due and it did not show up so I took the test :)

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • I was in Vegas with a friend, and she wanted to go zip lining at the Rio. My first thought was "oh no, baby" and refused to go with her. Then I had zero taste for alcohol.
    I tested positive a week later after missing my period and my boobs seemed to just inflate!!
  • Hubby and I had only started trying at the end of June/Start of July. My periods were as regular as clockwork. My last One was due August 20th, So when it was 3 days late, We took a test and got a BFP! I'm now 9 weeks pregnant, 10 weeks on Thursday. We got a honeymoon baby :) 
  • My period was a few days late and my stomach was a little uneasy over the weekend. I didn't think much of it until I started to feel dizzy at work that Monday and my friend asked if it was late. Two days after that I took a test and, to my complete shock, it was positive.
  • I was on my way to the grocery store and told my mom that I wanted to cry and throw up. It hit me right then I was late.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• A week before AF scheduled to arrive I kept gagging. All the time just gagging. Especially since I was smoking cigarettes, anytime I lit one I would gag it back. Gross I know. But that's how I knew. I took 3 tests BFP on each one.
  • I had a feeling that I might be when shortly after trying during my ovulation cycle, I got a little cold. The only reason that I gave it a thought was that I remembered that the same thing happened with when I got pregnant with my daughter. The other signs were that my boobs felt huge and I gained like 5 pounds practically overnight. But wasn't really sure until it did the HPT. And even then I couldn't believe it and POAS like 3 more times!
  • I had so many symptoms that were so foreign to me: warm skin (most of the time I'm freezing), nausea and vomiting without a fever, having to pee way more frequently than usual (as a teacher, I already don't have many opportunities to go to the bathroom), a huge acne breakout, stomach cramps, and a late period. Three days before my period was expected, I had this huge hormonal blow-up at my poor fiance, and after I chilled out, I apologized and said I was just PMSing--but my period never came. I've been pretty "baby-crazy" this month, to boot! I definitely knew something was up long before my BFP yesterday!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was trying on wedding dresses and felt so bloated and yucky I left the store in tears, then a few day later my husband and I were talking and I burst into tears, started cracking up laughing, then burst into tears again! All within a matter of 3 minutes! So at that point I tested and it was positive(:
  • I had 3 days of almost nonstop heartburn before I POAS 3 days before AF was due
  • We weren't TTC so I wasn't exactly watching out for symptoms. The main giveaway was when my period hadn't started for several days. Especially since mine was always very regular. At first I thought it was just the stress of the past few weeks getting to me but after five days I got very suspicious and POAS. And in fact ended up with a BFP. And then another one. And another one. ;)

In hindsight there might've been some signs like fatigue, sore breasts, some nausea (which has gotten a lot worse after 5 weeks) and trouble sleeping. But nothing that would've made me draw the pregnancy conclusion if it hadn't been for the missed period. The really noticeable symptoms have been starting these past few days and I'm 5w4d.
    <3 Welcome, Baby Lola!  <3
    Lorenza Justice, born 04/24/2016, 34w6d, 4lbs 8oz, 17 inches
    Home, healthy & happy :)

~ A., A. & L.J. - our family is complete ~
  • I just knew! No periods due to nursing still but my momma instinct told me to take a test. I was already 6 weeks!
  • I kept sneezing. Feeling like I was just about to be sick but it never turned into anything. Really weird for me. I knew something was up. It was a feeling. A strong feeling that something is different about me. Then the boobs...oh the pain. :\">
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I always have a migraine the day before AF. When it didn't come, I knew. POAS confirmed it. In hindsight, I was also constipated for a few days prior to that, which is out of the norm for me. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Me: 39 DH: 41
    Met in HS, but lost touch for 12 years after graduation
    1st Date: 5/27/06
    Engaged: 9/16/13
    Married: 6/20/15
    BFP: 9/2/15
    CVS: 11/3/15 (all good news - thank God!)
    EDD: 5/11/16

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Ticker

• I had no clue whatsoever. They caught it early. I was going to my OBGYN for an exam and a nurse started pounding on the door and saying "Stop!" The doctor apologized and went out to see what the hell was going on and came back in saying my urine had come up "weakly positive". I was just over three weeks in.

I didn't start having symptoms of anything until about 7 weeks. Other than the dreams. The dreams started about three days after I found out.

I'm 29 weeks today. Just here visiting.
  • I have had 3 days of inability to enjoy breakfast, today was the first day in years I actually passed on breakfast.  Also, was an emotional, blubbering mess at 8dpo for every reason.  Nausea has been mild from 8-11 and 4p onward for 3 days.  Mild headaches two the last two days.  My BBT trend also changed from my typical patch at 9 DPO.
  • I had the shivers. I remember being at my boyfriends parents house and I was shaking like I had the flu I went to bed shivering and woke up sweaty and still shivering. My boobs got sore a day or two later and I tested a few days later a day before my period and got a BFP.
  • I had missed periods and was feeling nauseas for several weeks. Took a test, and voilà. Pregnant!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With me it was nausea and going completely off tea, coffee and all my fave foods. I also felt more tired than normal and had a strange metallic taste in my mouth for a few days.
  • Total shock. Only had unprotected sex once this year.

I started sleeping all the time and having recurrent dreams about dozens and dozens of farm fresh eggs, laid out in cartons. Sounds like a lie but it is true!