September 2015 Moms

With all of the different cloth diapers out there...which one is your favorite?

tlabastlabas member
edited July 2015 in September 2015 Moms

With all of the different cloth diapers out there...which one is your favorite? 38 votes

Flats
0% 0 votes
Prefolds
5% 2 votes
Hybrids
13% 5 votes
All in ones
34% 13 votes
Some combination
31% 12 votes
I use disposable diapers
15% 6 votes

Re: With all of the different cloth diapers out there...which one is your favorite?

• KERJFKERJF member
    We like prefolds and covers (specifically Best Bottom - they are by far the best cover i've tried!) along with some flip inserts, some pockets .. and the occasional disposable when a rash happens since i hit those with paste hardcore.

imageimage
  • I use Fuzzi Bunz, the elite one size ones, and I LOVE them. No leaking, no diaper rash, and super easy to use/wash. I have about 15 and I'm good to go! 
  • Loading the player...
  • WDDCHWDDCH member
    None listed: we use pockets. They're most similar to AIO except the inserts come out rather than being sewn in. We use Sunbaby predominantly. My favorite hemp overnight is Blueberry.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I like having a mix of different kinds. My husband has a preference and so do I. I also like some more for homecoming use and other for out and about. Same with day and night time use.
  • myspecialkidmyspecialkid member
    edited July 2015
    Our NB stash is a mixture of AIOs and GMD workhorses and prefolds. We do have some pockets for our one size stash. We haven't completed our one size stash, we just bought the prints that we really like.

ETA spelling
  • First time using cloth. I've been gathering a little of everything. Everyone has a preference, I just can't wait to try them out on the little one.
  • This is my first baby and we are using cloth. We bought a mix of different kinds because I hear good things about all of them and it depends on what works for you. Mainly we have prefolds and pockets, a couple AIO and AI2. We will have about 23 plus 7 covers for the prefolds.
  • We have newborn prefolds for at home use, just because of cost, but AIOs for going out, and fitteds for night.

Our one size stash is pockets (because they dry so fast) and fitteds for overnight. I love fitteds and wool, and use them a lot around the house, but pockets take less space in a diaper bag and are easier for daycare. I have a very diverse stash, I love trying everything, and every brand fits a little differently.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • steph256steph256 member
    edited July 2015
    We have 24 Newborn AIO and some newborn pocket diapers. I also have newborn to size medium prefolds and about 50 or so OS pocket diapers. We also do fitted diapers at night with wool longies. So I have a huge variety of diapers to use. We know what worked with out almost 3 year old so we can reuse her stash this time too. I also have hemp inserts and bamboo and FST to replace any MF inserts that I might need to stuff diapers with.
  • We're still not 100% certain were doing cloth but I believe we will once LO fits in OS diapers. We're going to start with AIO's because it's similar to a disposable in the fact it's 1 step, no worrying about stuffing or whatever. This is our first so I don't want to be too overwhelmed. After researching I think we'll primarily start with BG free times/elemental and try new things from there.
  • Good to hear all these. FTM and cloth diapering, it's easy to feel like no matter what we get we won't have enough or they won't work out well. My NB stash is mostly prefolds, pockets, and all in ones. Just trying to decide how many prefolds to get in which size for after and how many sized/OS so have ready for after, that's my challenge at the moment!
  • Since I'm new at this, I've decided to go with a few prefolds and inserts and see how it goes. However, I'm going to be using disposable until she is big enough for one size covers (I've also bought a few different brands of these). I'm not a big fan of all in ones or pockets because you can't reuse the outside part.
    *Siggy Warning*

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Here's my NB stash:

10 GMD NB prefolds (organic)
    10 GMD snapless NB workhorses (organic and white)
    6 NB imagine bamboo AIOs snaps and aplix
    6 NB simplex AIOs snaps and aplix
    6 NB sweetpea AIOs all aplix
    3 blueberry Capri covers snaps and aplix
    3 RARz covers snaps and aplix
    4 lil joeys AIO
    3 snappis

We have started working on her OS stash, but it's because we saw prints that we really liked. They're mainly BB cloth pockets and Simplex snaps and aplix.

She's going to be in daycare so we need to test out different aplix.
  • This is my first baby but I nanny need for a woman who did cloth diapers with her son. Since I did most of their laundry I really preferred the pocket diapers so that insert would agitate out and dries a lot faster than AIO's. (or at least for her dry and washing situation)

For my newborn stash I have G diapers that I am using green mountain diaper prefolds inside and I also have three or four all in ones. My husband did break down and buy a pack of newborn disposables as he is convinced that if he is going to help out with diaper changes in the first month or so he is going to need disposables or he will not be able to correctly change a diaper at night (I giggled, but complied.)

We do have a pretty good one-size stash that mostly consists of pocket diapers, I want to say we have 30. We were gifted 12 fuzzi bunz from one of my friends whose daughter really didn't do well with cloth for whatever reason. I do really like these as the legs have elastic instead of having to depend on arise snap which I hear can sometimes be leaky if your baby has skinny legs. This was a pretty big problem with the boy I babysat as he was thicker in the tummy but had teeny tiny thighs. We also have 2G diaper covers in medium and two packs of inserts that are disposable for days that we plan to be out of the house all day. Carrying around five or six stinky diapers in your purse is nothing that any mom wants to do when you're going to be out all day and I appreciate that G diapers are flushable and don't cause too much in the way of environmental Havoc.
    We also have several different sizes of Greenmountain diaper prefolds and some really cute covers that range from best bottoms to Al the baby and I think we may have a couple flip covers.
  • Sorry for how long that was but nobody in my city uses cloth diapers it seems I never have a chance to talk about class diapers even though I'm super passionate about it :P