Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Intro

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Amanda and I'm 29. I have one son who turned two in April. I was active on the bump while pregnant with him and after having him, and am still active with my BMB on Facebook. My husband and I are currently trying to conceive #2 since May. I have been using OPKs but have a hard time interpreting them... sometimes the second line is somewhat dark, but I've never gotten an actually positive test (even taking them 2-3x a day). My cycles are a little bit longer (like 30-32 days) and I'm not sure when I ovulate. Right now I'm sort of waiting for my period because I have no clue what happened with this cycle... expecting it around 8/7.

I plan to start temping and am open to any tips about that. I was lucky to conceive my son fairly easily. Again, I was using OPKs (digital that time, now I'm using Wondfos because I feel like they give you more info)... I never had a positive OPK but I got pregnant. So I never really got into the temping before. Should I start now? Should I wait until my period comes?

I am glad to be here and thanks for having me!
Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
Rhys - born 04.17.2013
Harry - born 04.18.2016

Re: Intro

• Options
    Welcome!

It wouldn't be a bad idea to start temping now to just get in the habit of it. I've never even used OPKs, because I don't want the potential confusion. I admit, they are one way to clue in to when you may be about to ovulate, which is helpful. 

I would download Fertility Friend and start reading the tutorials at the very least, that way you'll have a lot of questions answered before you even begin. (That's what I did).
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Welcome!

It wouldn't be a bad idea to start temping now to just get in the habit of it. I've never even used OPKs, because I don't want the potential confusion. I admit, they are one way to clue in to when you may be about to ovulate, which is helpful. 

I would download Fertility Friend and start reading the tutorials at the very least, that way you'll have a lot of questions answered before you even begin. (That's what I did).
    Thank you! I just did download FF on my phone so I will do some more reading. I remember a few very basics but still have a lot to learn!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome and I agree with PP! Check out Taking Charge of Your Fertility as well, loads of great information!
  • Options
    brittanyns5brittanyns5 member
    edited July 2015
    Hello and I would start temping now just as PP said to get in the habit.

ETA: grammer
  • Options
    Welcome! Ditto what PPs said about starting to get used to temping and the FF tutorials - they're amazingly helpful. Once you get started, you can always ask a charting question in the WTO or TWW thread if you're confused.

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• Options
    Hiya! The tutorials on FF are awesome. Once you get the swing of things, it's really empowering!
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• Options
    jsassyjsassy member
    Hello and welcome!

Me: 35 - DH: 34
    Married: 08/2009
    BFP #1: 11/2010 - DS born 07/2011
    TTC #2: 02/2014
    RE Dx-Unexplained IF: 06/2015
    BFP #2: 08/12/15 - MC 08/27/15
    BFP #3: 03/11/16 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/09/16 - DD born 12/2016  <3

• Options
    Hi! I've been temping my past two cycles and it has really helped me understand more about what my cycles are like. I realized I'm ovulating later in my cycle than I had originally thought. FF has been really helpful too!
  • Options
    Hello! Good luck! I agree with PPs.

TTC + medicated cycles
    3/2015: Start TTC
    8/2015: PCOS Dx
    4/2016: BFP, Loss (4+5)
    2/2017: BFP

Honorable mentions: Biggest IF support sister, sweetest bumpie, most genuine, LFAFer you'd most like to visit, great things come in small packages, pocket sized babe
  • Options
    Welcome back!! I totally agree I love temping! So quick and easy and tells you where you are at in your cycle. Best of luck to you!
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck!