March 2016 Moms
Options

Unpopular Opinions - Thursday

Re: Unpopular Opinions - Thursday

• Options
    oceanchildoceanchild member
    edited July 2015
    @fwtx5815 I totally, completely get that! :)

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What kills me is when people post pictures of their babies on FB directly after being born...umbilical cord in tact, body fluids everywhere. I understand if you want these for your personal records but the internet??? That poor kid does a search of their name 20 years later and bam... there it is! Plus I really don't want to see it. BLEH
    I loveLoveLOVE those pics. They're just really raw and powerful and beautiful to me. I could look at birth photos forever though. They make me cry all the happy tears.
    I do get the sentiment and I am sure I will have a ton of my own birth. I am glad you can see the beauty in others photos as well. I just can't stomach other's body fluids on FB. Guess we know why I am not a nurse...lol
  • Options
    wmarley said:

I guess these opinions really are unpopular after reading this thread. I totally don't understand caring at all if another kid has a pacifier no matter how old they are. Not your kid, why does it bother you? You never know what another Mom is going through, maybe the kid completely kicked the habit but is having an especially rough day or maybe like PP said they are teething. /end rant.

Also I love character clothes :). I feel like kids just need to be kids sometimes and if he loves his mickey shirt I want him to wear it.

The thread is called unpopular opinion for a reason. Just because you don't get it or feel the same doesn't mean that someone can't feel that way.

That's why I said I guess my opinion is, in fact, unpopular on the matter.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    skruhminskruhmin member
    edited July 2015
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Options
    I'm an FTM so some of my opinions on these things probably don't really count haha. Oh well, I'll state them anyway...

I'm okay with character clothes when kids are old enough to care about what they're wearing. My nephew is obsessed with superheroes and Mickey Mouse and gets excited to put on his favorite clothes so I'm fine with that. Babies don't care, so mine won't be in any character stuff until they at least ask for it... And hopefully we can make those "play clothes" for lazy days.

Mashed potatoes are awesome.

I don't really care what other people post on Facebook but I guess if I had a say I would go with no messy faced babies and limited babies covered in birthing goo pictures. I also cried in every birthing scene watching the business of being born but that's not really what I'm looking for when I'm bumming on Facebook.

I don't know anything about appropriate ages to have a pacifier yet.... Sooo no real opinion on that one.
  • Options
    UO: I like Trump

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I don't see what the big deal is about the Lord of the Rings books or movies, they bore me.

I totally disagree. The movies are awesome.

But here's my UO: The movies are WAY better than the books. The books are tedious and boring. (This is coming from someone with an English degree and a popular book blog--I LOVE books!) The movies take all the boring stuff out of the books and just make everything more exciting.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited July 2015

smushi said:
    You would never catch me on a cruise. 

Ever.

I hate cruises!! We went on a 5-day cruise a few years ago...worst vacation ever!! I read that there are actually people who live on a cruise ship year round! What?!

• Options
    I don't see what the big deal is about the Lord of the Rings books or movies, they bore me.
    I totally disagree. The movies are awesome. But here's my UO: The movies are WAY better than the books. The books are tedious and boring. (This is coming from someone with an English degree and a popular book blog--I LOVE books!) The movies take all the boring stuff out of the books and just make everything more exciting.
    I LOVE LOTR - especially the movies.  I, however, despise The Hobbit because I was required to read it in 6th grade and I was bored out of my mind.  I have boycotted the movie because of that.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options

I hate hate hate when someone tags me, messages me, writes on my wall trying to sell me crap. No I don't want to try any of your products if I did I will contact you. It's nearly impossible to see your post about it when you post 15 times a day
    Unfollow button activated.... drives me nuts too and it's such a thing these days. I don't mind them selling things but the daily/hourly advertisements get old. 
  • Options
    I hate hate hate when someone tags me, messages me, writes on my wall trying to sell me crap. No I don't want to try any of your products if I did I will contact you. It's nearly impossible to see your post about it when you post 15 times a day
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options

I totally disagree. The movies are awesome.

But here's my UO: The movies are WAY better than the books. The books are tedious and boring. (This is coming from someone with an English degree and a popular book blog--I LOVE books!) The movies take all the boring stuff out of the books and just make everything more exciting.
    Yes!! I started reading the books and wondered how anyone ever made it through! I'm thankful they pulled out the good stuff for the movies
    March '16 August Siggy Challenge - Summer Fails
    imageBabyFruit Tickerimage
  • Options
    smushi said:
    JLaVO888 said:
    This thread requires big girl panties. Of course we all have different opinions, and I respect that, if not admire it. It is fun sharing with people who have the same UO. If you can't handle the heat, don't enter the thread. Many people have posted things that I do not agree with, but I am not persecuting them for having that opinion. 
    There will come a day when you may in fact (along with everyone else) want to persecute them for it :) Just some UO foreshadowing

That's what post it notes are for....

• Options
    I love mashed potatoes so much that I'd vote for them for president. And then probably get put to death for assassinating them.
    *TTC since July 2010
    *BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
    *BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote
  • Options
    I love mashed potatoes so much that I'd vote for them for president. And then probably get put to death for assassinating them.
    You'd be a sad panda to know mashed potatoes make my oldest throw up.  I don't get it.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    My DH hates mac-n-cheese.
  • Options
    JLaVO888 said:

The only thing better than Mac n cheese is fried lobster mac n cheese balls.
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • Options
    fwtx5815 said:

JLaVO888 said:

The only thing better than Mac n cheese is fried lobster mac n cheese balls.
    That sounds amazing!!!!
  • Options
    JLaVO888 said:
    Seriouly?
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    I hate going to concerts with DH. I'd much rather go with my girlfriends.
  • Options
    JLaVO888 said:
    Seriouly?
    I know!! Since I am lactose intolerant I can't justify making a whole batch when I can only eat few bites...So I never get to eat it either. Hopefully little one will like it so I can share with him/her. 
  • Options
    smushismushi member
    @mb0112  I'm with you (although for maybe different reasons).  I don't want to see the inside of anyone's ute.  I'm glad people get excited, but when friends post those on facebook, things get a little too personal for me...  Goopy baby picture?  Sure.  Ultrasound picture?  Nope.
  • Options
    mb0112mb0112 member
    fwtx5815 said:

yodapup said:

I hate the 3D ultrasounds. Every single one of them look like a grotesque alien.

I can't stand when people post the 3d ultrasounds, and then one of their friends or relatives will comment and say "omg he has your nose!" No, he doesn't.
    Haha so true! He barely has a nose at all!
  • Options
    I loathe rap. I can.not. stand the ignorant sounding shit where I can't even tell what words are being said. Lack of enunciation does not make you cool! It makes you sound like you've suffered a brain injury.

This! I totally agree!

Pregnancy Ticker

March '16 February Siggy challenge- After Pregnancy hopes

• Options
    yodapup said:

I don't like mashed potatoes. And neither does my husband.

Smile Idk animated GIF 

ETA: words are important

I totally want mashed potatoes now...

Me too...

Pregnancy Ticker

March '16 February Siggy challenge- After Pregnancy hopes

• Options
    JennyPrat said:

My UO: Even though I plan to do it, and I realize I am a mammal, the thought of breastfeeding has always freaked me out.

I admit that I'm weirded out by this too. I think it's odd that people get breast augmentations because they want to look sexier, but then the same people will go on to breastfeed. Like in one instance, it's okay for them to be sex objects, and then soon after they're supposed to only be viewed as a tool to feed a baby. I know that this is not women's fault that society puts a zap on our heads about our bodies and how they should look. And women can be both sexy and BFing mothers, they don't just have to choose one or the other. While it's still weird to me, I know it's my own issue and not something others should have to explain to me.
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • Options
    Yes! @fwtx5815! It's like - I can't flip between sexy thing, "free the nipple", and food source like that! I blame society.