November 2015 Moms

Strangest new car experience...AW

No question here, just wanted to tell you ladies about my morning.  We bought a brand new car last night and we are in love!  This morning after I arrive at work, I open the rear hatch and there is a hornet's nest inside the car!  Seriously, a fairly large hornet's nest inside my brand new car.  To top it all off, I am allergic!  Of course I started a mild freak out thinking about all of the what-ifs....what if I had been stung while driving and had an accident?  A co-worker removed it for me, so I am calmed down now but I just had to share.  What are the odds???!!
YCSWU 

Re: Strangest new car experience...AW

• Loading the player...
  • tayzavtayzav member
    I'm allergic to bees as well and I probably would have had an all out panic attack while screaming and crying lol. Glad they're taking care of it for you, as they should. Can you say free oil changes for lifeeee!!! Ahhhh! How strange. Good to know you're ok and they didn't get you.
  • Oh noooo! I'm sure the dealership will make it right. They always treat us pretty well. :) Bahaha I'm sorry, though. Life is never easy, is it? 
  • Oh noooo! I'm sure the dealership will make it right. They always treat us pretty well. :) Bahaha I'm sorry, though. Life is never easy, is it? 
    They haven't called me back yet, although I am sure they will. We went with the NX and Lexus tends to be over the top with their service.  I am sure they want to take care of it asap. :)  We did score a free Lexus onesie with our purchase!  Can't wait to get a picture of him in it. :)
    YCSWU 

• Yes!
    YCSWU 

• This is like my life in a nut shell. Things like this happen to me all the time!
  • That is pretty crazy! I feel like I would amost want some sort of independent inspection, or to have someone present when it was inspected. If they missed something like that once, I don't know if I would trust them not to miss it again.

Also, is there a way to someone safely/naturally bug bomb a car? I would be doing that and then demanding a good interior detailing.
  • nbpa3027 said:
    That is pretty crazy! I feel like I would amost want some sort of independent inspection, or to have someone present when it was inspected. If they missed something like that once, I don't know if I would trust them not to miss it again. Also, is there a way to someone safely/naturally bug bomb a car? I would be doing that and then demanding a good interior detailing.
    That's a good question, I am not sure.  I wouldn't want them to do it with traditional bombs while I am pregnant.  Pesticides are a big no no right now. I am tempted to ask them to swap the car out for another one, but they still havent called me back!
    YCSWU 

• kmd91kmd91 member
    Oh no no no. There was one bee in my bathroom the other day when I got out of the shower and I got out of there as quick as I could and locked him in there until my husband got home the next morning. I can handle a lot of things, but stinging insects is just not one of them.
  • Lol lets see... What kind of free things can you get?
    Oil changes
    Detailing
    Maintenance (tire rotations and things like that)
    Car washes

Others???
    Don't forget to play the pregnancy card!!! No one wants to upset a pregnant lady! ;)
  • modanz1 said:

nbpa3027 said:

That is pretty crazy! I feel like I would amost want some sort of independent inspection, or to have someone present when it was inspected. If they missed something like that once, I don't know if I would trust them not to miss it again.

Also, is there a way to someone safely/naturally bug bomb a car? I would be doing that and then demanding a good interior detailing.

That's a good question, I am not sure.  I wouldn't want them to do it with traditional bombs while I am pregnant.  Pesticides are a big no no right now. I am tempted to ask them to swap the car out for another one, but they still havent called me back!

That would not fly with me!!! They should have already called you back!!!
  • nbpa3027 said:
    That is pretty crazy! I feel like I would amost want some sort of independent inspection, or to have someone present when it was inspected. If they missed something like that once, I don't know if I would trust them not to miss it again. Also, is there a way to someone safely/naturally bug bomb a car? I would be doing that and then demanding a good interior detailing.
    That would not fly with me!!! They should have already called you back!!!
    I agree, I am starting to get pissed off.  And as @rachswi said, you don't want to piss off the pregnant lady.  The part that sucks is that my place of employment has a relationship with this dealership and I don't want to go in there freaking out and causing a scene if it's going to hurt our business relationship with them.  I will talk to our CEO and see how mean I can be. ;)
    YCSWU 

• kmd91 said:
    Oh no no no. There was one bee in my bathroom the other day when I got out of the shower and I got out of there as quick as I could and locked him in there until my husband got home the next morning. I can handle a lot of things, but stinging insects is just not one of them.
    I had a moth in my bathroom once and I not only locked it in there but I locked myself in our bedroom.  When my husband came home he thought it was absolutely hysterical that I was so fearful of a moth.  But they are just so gross and they give me the heeby jeebies..
    YCSWU 

• I am irrationally terrified of flying bugs. I started crying like a little girl when my SO & I were going for a walk recently, and we ran into a swarm of Mayflies. They are colloquially referred to as Canadian Soldiers around here because they cross Lake Erie from Canada in the spring/summer months. For those of you not familiar with them, they are huge and disgusting. They come in swarms overnight, and coat EVERYTHING outside the next morning. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am irrationally terrified of flying bugs. I started crying like a little girl when my SO & I were going for a walk recently, and we ran into a swarm of Mayflies. They are colloquially referred to as Canadian Soldiers around here because they cross Lake Erie from Canada in the spring/summer months. For those of you not familiar with them, they are huge and disgusting. They come in swarms overnight, and coat EVERYTHING outside the next morning. 

EWWWWWWW NOOOOOOOOOO!  I hate flying and  jumping things too, grasshoppers are so sickening. We saw a hummingbird moth for the first time on one of our bushes the other day.  We had to look it up to see what it was.  How do you live for over 30 years and see species you have never noticed in your own back yard?  Here is one of them.

YCSWU 

My mom and brothers and I went camping one time and they literally were all over the outside of the camper.. And when the lights were on it made it worst!!! We were trapped in our camper over night with most of the lights off.. Thank goodness we owned a really nice huge camper so we had a TV and a bathroom but being trapped anywhere because of bugs is gross!!! They were everywhere the next morning!!!! SO GROSS!!!!!!

Ewwwwwwww... I share your phobia of flying insects - including butterflies and dragonflies. Being terrified of dragonflies is unfortunate when you live on a lake... They're everywhere, and it's so embarrassing when my nieces and nephews are laughing at me for freaking out over a tiny dragonfly..
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • anikajoy said:
    I am irrationally terrified of flying bugs. I started crying like a little girl when my SO & I were going for a walk recently, and we ran into a swarm of Mayflies. They are colloquially referred to as Canadian Soldiers around here because they cross Lake Erie from Canada in the spring/summer months. For those of you not familiar with them, they are huge and disgusting. They come in swarms overnight, and coat EVERYTHING outside the next morning. 

Ewwwwwwww... I share your phobia of flying insects - including butterflies and dragonflies. Being terrified of dragonflies is unfortunate when you live on a lake... They're everywhere, and it's so embarrassing when my nieces and nephews are laughing at me for freaking out over a tiny dragonfly..
    I HATE dragonflies.  I hate how the little ones fly around having sex together. Get a room. (You do have to admire their talent to have sex and fly at the same time though)  But the big ones are the worst. 
    YCSWU 

• My 21 year old son screams like a girl when a dragonfly is near. Soooo funny!!
  • I think complimentary oil changes for the first three years is a reasonable request. (We always work that that into our purchase agreement anyways.)
    I am glad you didn't get stung!!!!
    Baby Boy born on 1/14/13
  • @vexedmommy No, I still have not heard from anyone.  I do have to go up there tonight to drop off a form I had to sign, so I will be sure to mention the issue.  By mention it I mean something much more severe than "mention".  I was thinking about the social media aspect of this as well, but that's a road I don't want to go down considering the relationship we have with them.  That's what is blowing my mind right now though, they don't know I won't do that....can you imagine the backlash they would get if I put that all over the internet and tagged them in it?  I just can't believe someone hasn't called me yet.  I am hoping that at this point they are all standing around trying to figure out what they are going to do because they are just so dumbfounded by the situation & that's why they haven't called.  ;)
    YCSWU 

• lulamagoo said:
    I think complimentary oil changes for the first three years is a reasonable request. (We always work that that into our purchase agreement anyways.) I am glad you didn't get stung!!!!
    The oil changes are covered for the first 2 years as part of the agreement, and this car only needs an oil change every 10,000 miles, so I won't be getting many anyhow. :)  It's not that I want anything from them, I just really want someone to acknowledge it more than anything.  
    YCSWU