1st Trimester

Bleeding continues

hi I introduced myself a few days ago. I started bleeding Monday evening. Finally got into the doctor yesterday. The ultrasound showed a very early pregnanc, 5 weeks 2 days but my LMP works out for me to be 7 weeks. The doctor saw a flutter of a heartbeat. But I'm still having the bleeding. Anyone else bleed for this long. It's like a light period with clots.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bleeding continues

• To see a faint heartbeat that early seems almost impossible.
    I bled for that long my first pregnancy, lots of clots, I also measured earlier than I expected but I ended up miscarrying. I hope all goes well for you.
  • My case is very similar to yours. I started bleeding at 6w from my LMP at 6w2d i had a scan which dated me at 5w4d and only showed a gestational sac. I bled lightly for 9 days. I had a followup scan 2 weeks later at 7w4d and they dated me back to 6w5d but they saw a strong heartbeat and good development. I also started spotting again after attempting sex but they could not find any reason for the bleed during scan which tells them its just cervical irritation. Hopefully you find this reassuring. Generally if the bleeding is light and brown they dont really worry, at your stage is likely to be blood moving down from your implantation
  • Loading the player...
  • I started bleeding (light pink) friday night & today it has gotten worse (redder), it is still only when i wipe though, but im having cramps right now and am very worried. I should be 7 weeks tomorrow.
  • @KMT to JWH My time line is very similar to yours. I started spotting brown when I was 5+2 and went in for a blood draw and then went in for an u/s the next day bc my betas were very high for how far along I was. Anyway by lmp my dr was thinking I was 6+2, but by my ovulation date I was calculating 5+5. We too saw a fluttering heartbeat and yolk sac. Almost a week after my spotting started I wiped and had red blood and then passed 2 clots, I thought for sure I mc again, but after another blood draw and doubled numbers I went back for another u/s and they found that an SCH was the cause of my bleeding. He said I may or may not pass the rest of the old blood (brown discharge) and to go back in if I bleed red again otherwise I'll see him at my next appt with another follow up u/s to see if the blood pocket has gotten smaller.

Hope that helps! When does your dr want to see you again?

• I also had a sch too. Started with watery red blood but now it's old and brown so I hope it's clearing up. So scary, but bleeding doesn't always mean its bad. My u/s tech said it's actually more common than u think to bleed in the 1st tri.
    I just relax and try to be a couch potato as much as possible!
  • For what its worth, when i was pregnant with my first i bled, and at times very heavily until the end of my 2nd trimester. I ended discovering i had a subchorionic hemorrhage. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I bled week 6 (pink) and then again week 7 ( bright red ) lasted a week. Each time they gave me an ultrasound. They said baby was fine. Now I'm 12 weeks and hoping all is well at my next appointment.
  • Hang in there I have a SCH and have had several scans and baby is doing fine Ive bled so many days off and on clots sometimes I jus pray for the best and try my best not to worry good luck 2 you
  • I started bleeding at 11weeks. But it was heavy bleeding. I have a sub hemorrhage as well. But I only bled that day but it was constant for hours. I'll be 14 weeks Monday.
  • Im 5w5d and been bleeding for 4 days. Went for an US and they saw a gestational sac, still waiting for the yolk sac to come through. Getting another US next week when hopefully we see that beautiful yolk sac to ease ourselves!