March 2016 Moms

Suggestions on Pregnancy Books for First Time Dad's and Any good Childbirth class "videos" or online

I'm a third time mom, but this is dad-to-be's first baby.  He loves to read on thing's he's interested in and has asked if there's any good books for dad's.  I bought my ex-husband a book before but he was offended...lol....so I haven't really looked this time.

Also have any mommies done childbirth videos or online classes?  He's very introverted and the thought of going to a "class" for this overwhelms him.

Thanks ladies :)

Re: Suggestions on Pregnancy Books for First Time Dad's and Any good Childbirth class "videos" or online

• My hubby seems to be enjoying "What to Expect When Your Wife's Expanding"

• "Be prepared" it's a funny yet informative book. It has a picture of a guy on the front with what looks like camping gear. My husband was laughing when he read some of the parts
  • Loading the player...
  • mine read " Dude you're gonna be a Dad" it seemed to help him sympathize
    Pregnancy%20ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • mb0112mb0112 member
    bagel37 said:

"Be prepared" it's a funny yet informative book. It has a picture of a guy on the front with what looks like camping gear. My husband was laughing when he read some of the parts

@bagel37 is that book good to buy him as a gift this early? I saw it on amazon but got the sense it has more advice for when the baby is here, not so much the months leading up. I wanted to get it for my husband but not yet if he will find it useless until closer to March!
  • "How to make a pregnant woman happy"my husband just grabbed it off the book shelf since I've been grouchy he's hoping it will help him deal with me. My MIL gave it to him when we had our first son over 8 years ago.
  • b1979sb1979s member
    My husband also read and enjoyed Be Prepared. I agree with the PP that it is more of an "after the baby is born" book. However, my husband did use it for a reference many times with our baby.