March 2016 Moms

New symptom of the week?

So I've been feeling very smug and good the last couple of weeks....but as 8 weeks has just hit I seem to be adding a new preggo symptom a day on top of the sore boobs and tiredness!

I've thrown the sniffles into the mix today!

What's your new symptom of the week?

Re: New symptom of the week?

• I'm 5 weeks and a new symptom for me is heightened sense of smell. I put on my perfume yesterday, one that I normally love, and nearly gagged. Some smells are just burning my nostrils!! Ugh.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Me too with the stuffy nose!
  • Loading the player...
  • Sore boobs...and the exshaustion continues!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Dry mouth hits me around 3:30 in the afternoon.  That's new this week and I don't remember it with my other pregnancies.  Doesn't help nausea in any way.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• The nightly routine this week has been weird!
    I do okay throughout the day. Some sneezing, but no coughing.
    By bedtime, I'm suddenly so dry that I'm coughing those dry coughs just to scratch my throat.
    The husband puts me to bed by myself because he can't fall asleep with me coughing every 2 minutes.
    Then he comes to bed later.
    Once asleep, I sleep okay until about 5am or so when suddenly I'm waking myself up because my nose is SO FULL that I can't hardly breathe.
    So I have to get up, pee of course, blow my nose, and fall back asleep on the couch.

I've never had to get out of bed just to blow my nose before. That's just stupid!
    And why is my throat only getting dry at night?!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I cramp a little when I pee to hard.  Yup!, but that happened with the last one too.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • I cramp a little when I pee to hard.  Yup!, but that happened with the last one too.
    Yeah! It's like the sudden emptiness feels uncomfortable for a few minutes.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • The water!!! I CANNOT get enough water! Yesterday alone over the course of the whole day I drank half a gallon of water and could have had more. Throughout the night I wake up to the feeling of full bladder and incredible thirst!
  • I'm irritable, I just want to be left alone but with two kids that's not possible trying to hold myself back from snapping at them since they don't deserve it its just hormones.
  • Bloating and gas, good God! I ate some grilled shrimp today for lunch, but apparently my body thought I ate a can of black beans. The bloating is out of control, particularly when gas strikes. Its awful, my jeans are so uncomfortable. i just wanna wear my yoga pants all.the.time!!
  • I have been sneezing like crazy....like 4 or 5 times a day. I told hubby I'm allergic to the baby. Lol
  • I've just developed morning sickness this weekend... and I was just saying a week or two ago how I wasn't experiencing any nausea. Now nothing sounds good at all.
    M & B
    miscarriage - September 2012 @ 9 weeks
    blighted ovum - November 2012
    BFP!!! - July 2015
    Amelia, my sweet little rainbow baby born March 4, 2016
  • I'm 7 weeks and my skin is already so itchy & feels like it's crawling!! Its in random spots ( face, legs, arms, etc.) Only at night too.. anyone else experience this??
  • BCH818BCH818 member
    Acne is popping up, my IBS is out of control, and I've been dozing off mid sentence in the afternoon like someone with narcolepsy.
  • I've replaced giant spots with dry scaly skin now!
  • I'm 7 weeks and my skin is already so itchy & feels like it's crawling!! Its in random spots ( face, legs, arms, etc.) Only at night too.. anyone else experience this??
    All of my pregnancies make me very itchy.  It sucks.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• oily hair, i usually wash my hair every other day but now i have to wash everyday, it sucks cause then have to style them everyday and by evening they look like soaked in oil...it sucks......
  • I constantly have a metal taste in my mouth like I've been sucking on pennies. It is so disgusting!
  • LoALoA member
    skruhmin said:

I'm 7 weeks and my skin is already so itchy & feels like it's crawling!! Its in random spots ( face, legs, arms, etc.) Only at night too.. anyone else experience this??

All of my pregnancies make me very itchy.  It sucks.

Same here! I'm on my 3rd pregnancy, and usually the itching doesn't start this soon... But I'm waking up with scratches all over!! Time to start on the Benadryl before bed, it's the only thing that helps with the itching.
  • Nausea has been way worse this week (7), and I've caught myself being extra sensitive--Especially when I'm feeling hungry. I can't even throw up to feel better, I just dry heave. It's terrible, but I keep reminding myself it's worth it...