July 2015 Moms
Options

Breastfeeding pain.

I'm three days pp and I forgot how painful it is to breastfeed, it literally makes me physically sick every time I have to feed. I know his latch is good, I guess I just have to make it over this excruciating hump? Anyone have any advice?

Re: Breastfeeding pain.

• Options
    I'm in the same boat. This is my first child so I had no idea what I was in for. I thought I'd have discomfort, not full on pain! I've been alternating breasts every 15 minutes and using an ice pack on the breast he isn't feeding from at the time. Gives a little relief.
  • Options
    Mine latches too well... As I'd I'm going to take it away? It hurts then when he's feeding I get pain in my back so I feel ya I'm a FTM and trying to suck it up. Easier said then done. He's sleeping now so I pumped instead of waking him to eat to give them a break lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a special nipple cream prescribed to me in the hospital. It's a miracle salve let me tell you. It relieves the pain almost instantly. I think it was called newmans.
  • Options
    Did you try and talk to a lactation consultant to rule out the baby being lip or tounge tied? My first had a great latch but it was killing me. I found out he was tounge tied, had it clipped and there was no pain at all.
  • Options
    Just hit Day 5 pp and nipple pain finally went away. I was hopeful that this being #2 that the pain would have subsided sooner but nope, day 5 has been the magic day both times. Make sure the pain isn't continual throughout the feed, should just be with the initial latch and hang in there! It gets way more comfortable soon!
  • Options
    It's a temporary hump! Stay strong
  • Options
    My sister in law suggested a heat pack and to use a hand pump to express some milk, then feed. Haven't gotten the pump yet but the warm pack feels nice. I'm pretty engorged at the moment, but it is getting better.