February 2016 Moms

Disneyland and Pregnant

i already posted this on another board, so sorry for the repeat. Has anyone been to Disneyland while pregnant? Is there such a thing called Pink Pass?

Re: Disneyland and Pregnant

• egraves4egraves4 member
    edited July 2015
    I'm a FTM so I don't know from that aspect but I used to work at Disney World and have never heard about such a pass. Most of the rides you can go on won't have long lines anyway FWIW. Someone can correct me though if they know better. What I do know is that they have cracked down a lot harder on what is considered disability within the parks due to people taking unnecessary advantages. That would have been as recent as within the past two years that these guidelines have changed.

Eta: grammar fail
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Nadine GraceMarie  02/10/16
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 
    Gestational surrogacy or adoption TBD

• Disneyland doesn't offer a special pass just for pregnant women. If you have other needs, you can get an assistance card, but you will need to bring proof/a doctors note with you.

I'm going at 17 weeks and most of the rides I can go on won't have crazy lines. Hydrate often, bring snacks, and wear comfy shoes.
  • Loading the player...
  • I went when I was 6 weeks and my OB said I could ride whatever I wanted. I guess what they worry about is G's of force on the crazier rides separating the placenta. At that point there was no placenta and she was more worried about dehydration. What she told me, which was confirmed by park staff, is that most of the things that say "expectant mothers should not ride" is due to the lap belt or bar pressing on baby. So for example if you are 15 weeks when you go and aren't showing much, you would be fine to ride something like Indiana Jones because the lap belt wouldn't bother you, baby is cushioned from bumpiness all snuggly in the amniotic fluid, and there is no risk of placental abruption on that ride (as there would be on Space Mountain, Tower of Terror, California Screamin', etc). Ultimately I'd say go with what you're comfortable with, stay hydrated, get lots of rest, and don't expect preferential treatment.
  • LantryLantry member
    I'm going at 28 weeks... Wish me luck haha!
  • Just wanted to say this before anyone got mad; I know pregnancy is not a disability. I heard this pass mention to me by another mom and wanted to check it out. I did not know what it was but wanted to make sure I knew everything before I got to the park. I have not been to Disneyland since I was five and am not trying to skirt the rules.
  • I'm going 23 weeks! :)
  • Great question!  I am an annual passholder, and am blacked out until end of August, at which I will be 14 weeks.  Going to talk to dr today to see what I can and cannot ride!
  • @eshook2 there will be plenty for you to do, it's just going to be HOT! :) makes me wonder how I did it when I worked there lol.

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Nadine GraceMarie  02/10/16
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 
    Gestational surrogacy or adoption TBD

• QuazelQuazel member
    I'm going at 31 weeks. I'm sure it will be overwhelming but we wanted to do a last trip with ds6. I am SO excited!
  • The weather will be great to me... We live in Houston and it feels like 105 everyday with 100% humidity!
  • I went to Disney World throughout my second pregnancy but never needed to asked about accommodations or heard of a pass so I'm no help there.  It was nice because there are actually a lot of rides and shows that I could enjoy since its geared towards kids (esp magic kingdom)  I've never been to Disney land but I imagine they're similar.  Have fun, Disney is the best!!

Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm going in October, so we'll see how that goes.

Also, to help stay hydrated, any quick/counter service restaurant has to give free ice water to anyone who asks for it. They do not want people passing out.
  • tumbleflufftumblefluff member
    edited July 2015

I'm going mid-November when I'll be ~32 weeks.  We booked the trip before I knew I was pregnant.  If I had know I'd still be going but I might have booked it for early October instead. 

ETA:  We're going to Disney World

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • This is interesting for me as well. I live in Australia and my brother is getting married in disneyworld in October so a few of us are going together. Partner and DS will be staying at home which makes this my personal baby moon before this Bub arrives!
    Will be 21 weeks when we go, so am just trying to make sure I keep up with my walking so I don't have to stop every 5 mins. I remember I would get quite winded very easily with the last pregnancy.
  • My husband and I have been thinking about taking our son to Disneyland Paris in early September. 
    I have been doing a bit of research and it looks like you could potentially get a "Easy Access Card": 
    However, I personally don't think I would bother. Between me being pregnant and my son being 2.5 I think we will be sticking to the kiddie rides. They tend to have shorter lines anyway. 
    If you visit the website you should be able see what rides will be available to you as an expectant mom. 
    Disneyland Website: Things To Do : Activities: Filter By : Accessibility & Advisories : Select - Suitable for Expectant Mothers

Hope that helps!
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Not sure with Disneyland but I did research for Disney world when I went, I checked out this website all the time: https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com. It answers all sorts of disney travel questions.  I believe there was even a section for traveling while pregnant.

BabyFetus Ticker