Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Can it be AF? :(

I'm always pretty regular and have a 28-29 day cycle but this month didn't ovulate until cd23 and today I think AF came but the bleeding is very red and light, looking at my temps, do you think it could be AF already? :(

Re: Can it be AF? :(

• Options
    How long is your LP usually? I ask because I'm not sure if this is your first cycle temping. If not, how does a 6 day LP compare to your previous cycles? If it is your first month temping, your average cycles could very well include later O and shorter LP.

Also it could be spotting but generally if it's enough flow to need a tampon/pad it's your period.

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• Options
    AF is when you have a steady red flow and need to use a pad or tampon.  If it's still light, you could just be spotting.  But of course I wouldn't know that for sure, so my official answer is it could, it could not be.  Your cycle could have changed - how long is your LP usually?  You don't have a temperature drop which is usually indicative of AF's arrival.  Sorry, but I don't think anyone here is going to be able to answer your question - you'll need to wait it out.

httpi62tinypiccomuarkwpng

httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadb7817660919c960ebd43e30c9c837741jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been getting positive OPKs usually on cd14 and I did this month too but found out I didn't ovulate until about a week later. It's my first month charting so I don't know if I was getting positive OPKs in the past but wasn't really ovulating when I thought I was.
  • Options
    Makes sense. Like PP said, all you can do at this stage is wait it out and see what happens. It's giving you more information which will be good moving forward.

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• Options
    Definitely! Just sucks that I seem to ovulate so close to my period :(
  • Options
    You can get more than one LH surge (and therefore more than one round of positive OPKs) in a cycle.  The only way to confirm O is by charting your temp.  So you're on the right path, just keep it up.  The first month charting can be frustrating, but it's worth it to get a better understanding of what's going on with your body so that you can increase your chances of conceiving.  GL!

httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadb7817660919c960ebd43e30c9c837741jpg
  • Options
    Thank you, I've learned so much this month! Really had no idea, I don't even feel like it's my 3rd month ttc, I feel like it's the 1st because I didn't chart the other two. :)
  • Options
    One other thing: if you're not already participating in the TWW and WTO threads you should definitely check them out. There's a section in there for symptoms and chart stalks if you ever have chart questions in the future.

• Options
    Thanks! Will do! :) sorry, first month charting with a million questions, I tried the search feature and Google and couldn't find a specific one to fit my chart.
  • Options
    It could just be spotting but did you temp this morning. Normally, at least for me, my temp takes a nose dive with AF is coming. 
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Options
    I'm with rosesmith9- what was your temp for today?

This was my first month temping everyday and it dropped slightly on 11 DPO and then even more on 12 DPO and AF came that day at lunch time.  
  • Options
    I'm on day 34 of cycle! No AF yet...taking HPT on Saturday or will wait until AF is about a week late. Anxiety level is high!
    Also I have a question, in regards to temping can you feel your temperature like if it's a high reading do you feel hotter?? I know this sounds like a dumb question but I am very new to all this! For example I have seen on here temp drops when AF comes around does that mean your body feels cooler?? Sorry if this sounds dumb please don't judge I am very new to this. This is 3rd month TTC. Thanks all! And good luck to all☺️
  • Options

I'm on day 34 of cycle! No AF yet...taking HPT on Saturday or will wait until AF is about a week late. Anxiety level is high!
    Also I have a question, in regards to temping can you feel your temperature like if it's a high reading do you feel hotter?? I know this sounds like a dumb question but I am very new to all this! For example I have seen on here temp drops when AF comes around does that mean your body feels cooler?? Sorry if this sounds dumb please don't judge I am very new to this. This is 3rd month TTC. Thanks all! And good luck to all☺️

No. I've never felt hotter or colder during cycle. The temp difference is only half a degree. However, in my third trimester I definitely feel warmer and can sleep without blankets even when it was very cold out.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    This is my chart this morning, I guess it dropped but not really significantly and my light period is gone as of last night, thanks everyone for your help!
  • Options
    If you did not fill up a pad or tampon then it must have been spotting or something. I do not think that your temp drop enough to indicate that AF is on her way. 
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Options
    Yeah that's what I'm thinking too, since I was supposed to get my period, it's probably spotting. Thanks!
  • Options
    @yanet0527 I hope it's a good sign for you! 
  • Options
    @yanet0527, you haven't dropped below the cover line (the horizontal line) and like PP said if you didn't need a pad/tampon then it was likely only spotting.  sounds like you're still in the running, so hang in there.

@lavitabella21 agreed with PP feedback and wanted to also suggest that, if you haven't already done so, download the Fertility Friend app and take the tutorials... it will give you a wealth of knowledge.

• Options
    jtsabojtsabo member
    yanet0527 said:

Thank you, I've learned so much this month! Really had no idea, I don't even feel like it's my 3rd month ttc, I feel like it's the 1st because I didn't chart the other two. :)

I feel exactly like this ^^^ it's my 5th but I feel like this is my first month since I only starting charting. Kind of makes all the worrying I did earlier a bit pointless lol "do I drink or don't I?" "What do these cramps mean?" Etc
  • Options
    Very happy to still be in the running lol not very optimistic but as long as AF isn't here... Have to keep being positive :) I can't believe some people that are able to chart, don't, it's amazing what you learn!