Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

RE :)

Well I unexpectedly got in with the doctor and he did typical "Clomid Check." Starting me on 50mg on CD 3. He's requiring me to temp and do OPKs so I can bring in my chart when I see him next. It's 2 hours from here, so lots of driving in my future! Hoping it works with round 1.

Re: RE :)

• Options
    Best of luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Me: 26, DH: 31
    Married: August 13, 2011
    Due Date: June 15, 2017
    Fur Babies: Remi (Labrador, 9) and Brutus (Pug, 4)
  • Options
    OPKs aren't sufficient monitoring on Clomid. What if you over respond? You'll never know for sure, but you could risk being the next Kate plus 8. What if you under respond on this dose? Your doctor won't know, and you could end up wasting a few cycles at this dose. There's not enough info in your post, but I see red flags here...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry, this was more if a follow up. I was going to do Clomid with my regular Gyno and the lovely ladies here warned me against it. I didn't expect to get in to an RE until September. So I was excited. He's doing all of the typical monitoring at appointments. Bloodwork and ultra sound. Sorry for the confusion.
  • Options
    Change your screen name
  • Options
    I've tried and I cannot get it to work. I've gone on The Knot and contacted an admin who said she would change it and still hasn't. I guess I will send another message.
  • Options
    You can change it through the knot, but you have to be logged out of all devices to do so. Other wise it reverts to your previous one.
  • Options
    Good luck with your Clomid journey. I'm on my 2nd cycle of Clomid + a trigger shot. I'm nearing the end of my 2ww, but i'm pretty sure I'm going to get AF today unfortunately. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant since we got married over two years ago. Nothing but two miscarriages so far. The waits and the wonderings are really hard and you think Clomid will work on the first shot but who knows - the doctors dont even know, they are just playing trial and error mostly especially when you have unexplained infertility like me. 

Usually the REs tell you when to do the baby dance, and will check your folliciles on CD 13 or so to see if any of them are big enough. If you have too many big ones they should tell you about what can happen or tell you to skip that month just so you don't become octomom. I mean unless you want 8 at a time. 

Good luck!

Me: 30
    Hubs: 31
    Married: 05/04/2013
    BFP#1: Natural Loss; 8/12/14
    BFP#2: D&C 3/7/15

Chart Stalk: