TTC After a Loss

Chemical Pregnancy Question

crzyforbabiescrzyforbabies member
edited July 2015 in TTC After a Loss
Hello. I just had a chemical pregnancy (faint positive tests, then HCG went to 0 when I had bloodwork done). My last period was 31 days, and I am now on CD 45 and have EWCM and no sign of AF. Has anyone had experience skipping a period and going straight to O after a CP? My nurse friend said it was possible, but now I don't know what to do. Should I wait for AF, or go into ovulation watch? I apologize ahead of time if this was posted on the wrong board/thread. I didn't want to post in TTGP, because I thought I would be directed here. 

Re: Chemical Pregnancy Question

• First of all, sorry to hear about the loss. It's a tough situation for sure. A lot of bodies handle MC differently. For me, loss at 7 weeks, I ovulated before I had a period. And like clockwork, my period came 2 weeks after that. It's almost like my body didn't go through any of the trauma that it actually did. I can't say that I know if you should be on the lookout for AF or ovulation. All I would say is that you know your body better than anyone else. Your body went through trauma. Give it some time to balance out your hormones. Truthfully, it could take months until you're back on a normal cycle. If you are concerned, call your OB. But definitely don't stress, as that could just exacerbate the time it takes for your body to regulate everything.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi, I'm so sorry for your cp. I don't have experience with cp, but are you temping? It might give you some insight about where you are in your cycle and be easier to figure out if af or O is to be expected.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• crzyforbabiescrzyforbabies member
    edited July 2015
    MamaBish said:
    Hi, I'm so sorry for your cp. I don't have experience with cp, but are you temping? It might give you some insight about where you are in your cycle and be easier to figure out if af or O is to be expected.
    Thanks for the reply @MamaBish. I was going to start after this cycle, but this one is dragging. I think AF is coming because my CM is drying up. 
    MamaBish
  • I am sorry for your loss. You are absolutely posting on a great board for your question.

As previous posters said, having unusual cycles after a loss is not uncommon at all. It usually takes your body time to either return to normal or to define a new normal. As for waiting or trying right away, follow your doctor's advice. But if you are worried or confused, unless you are AMA, waiting an extra cycle will not effect your long-term ability to have children.

All advice given based on lengthy personal experience.

I am not a doctor, I just have a working medical vocabulary.

Always available to answer questions about loss, infertility, and TRP.

imageimage

lovearoo