Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

GTKY: What makes you feel guilty?

A new guy moved into our dorm this summer! He has been great and he is excited to start working with our boys in the fall. However I made a (seriously bitchy) joking comment about how much I hated moving the old guys clothes from the washer to the dryer to the laundry basket all the time. So of course every single time I do laundry he beats me to it and switches it for me. I feel guilty for giving the old guy flack about his lazy laundry habits. Also for making a stink to new guy and then me suck at laundry all summer.
Anniversary
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Love: March 2010  Marriage: July 2013  Debt Free: October 2014  TTC: April 2015
 BFP: April 10, 2016 EDD: December 19, 2016 Team Blue!
Oscar born November 20, 2016 at 35w6d

Re: GTKY: What makes you feel guilty?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    have no guilt 
    ;)

Age 24 DH 24 TTC#1!
    NTNP since June '14
    TTC since February '15
    Anniversary

photo mrsespigreen_3_Autocorrect Fail Bumpie-2_zps0y7kauvn.jpg
  • Options
    I got home early from work and instead of getting dinner ready, I'm watching dance moms and eating ice cream. I'll maybe start feeling guilty when hubby comes home, and there are zero dinner plans. Maybe.
  • Options
    I don't feel guilty about this but I hate that I can't be nice to a co-worker of mine. She's older than me & she complains about pretty much everything & asks dumb questions & just makes me crazy in general & I have no desire to be friends or make small talk or be nice to her. It's terrible because she makes attempts to be nice to me & I'm still a big old meany!!! I'm going straight to hell, that's my raised super Catholic guilt on the whole thing!
  • Options
    I feel guilty about everything! Always second guessing my self if I did the right thing......... I hate it.
  • Options
    xyzabqsmvb53xyzabqsmvb53 member
    edited July 2015
    ETA: Child mentioned.

I feel guilty when I go have fun without DS. Double if it is overnight/past his bedtime. Triple if there are kids wherever I am going.

I also felt super guilty today. DH recently lost a friend and is having a rough time and meanwhile I've had a big solo outing planned for today for months now. The timing was just unfortunate because I know he could have used the fun distraction day more than me. 
  • Options
    I feel guilty about my obsessive Law and Order SVU marathons! As a teacher who is off for the summer, it is easy to waste time away on the couch. I always feel bad when DH gets home from work and asks the dreaded "What did you do today?" Any fellow teachers out there who experience the 3 month guilt?
    This is H and I. He teaches and I work for the school only while it is in session. Neither of us even bothered to shower today.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Sometimes I get annoyed when on a weekend, DH comes home at 8am from working all night, falls asleep, and whatever plans we had made for the day are pretty much gone. Usually only get annoyed if it we had planned something special or in a sour mood already, but I always feel guilty afterwards... :-/
  • Options
    I work from home so sometimes I tell DH I've been doing loads of work all day but instead I'm laying in bed watching Netflix and napping. Sometimes you just need a "me" day!

• Options
    I feel guilty about my obsessive Law and Order SVU marathons! As a teacher who is off for the summer, it is easy to waste time away on the couch. I always feel bad when DH gets home from work and asks the dreaded "What did you do today?" Any fellow teachers out there who experience the 3 month guilt?
    Yep.Lots of lazy days. I only get 2 months, though....
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

I feel guilty about my obsessive Law and Order SVU marathons! As a teacher who is off for the summer, it is easy to waste time away on the couch. I always feel bad when DH gets home from work and asks the dreaded "What did you do today?"

Any fellow teachers out there who experience the 3 month guilt?

Coming out of lurking on this board but yes! DH came home for lunch today and saw a wine glass sitting on the coffee table and Law and Order SVU on TV. He then asked me what I'd done all morning. Oops.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Another guilt-ridden catholic here. I always feel guilty when I don't have dinner planned and leave to go to the gym. When I skip the gym to stay home and get caught up on housework, I feel guilty about that. I can't win.
  • Options
    Feeling a little guilty this week because of some crazy mood swings. But it's been stressful at work and causing some irritability. I've apologized a few times now to DH. Hopefully tomorrow will be better...
    Me: 30 DH: 32
    Married: 09/18/2009
    TTC #1: 01/2015
    BFP #1: May 2015 | EDD: Jan 2016 | MC: Jun 2015
    TTC#2: 07/2015

• Options

I feel guilty about my obsessive Law and Order SVU marathons! As a teacher who is off for the summer, it is easy to waste time away on the couch. I always feel bad when DH gets home from work and asks the dreaded "What did you do today?"

I guess it is really 2 1/2 months and then I guess it is really 2 by the time I subtract getting my classroom ready for the new year...3 just sounds better though! Haha :)
  • Options
    I guess it is really 2 1/2 months and then I guess it is really 2 by the time I subtract getting my classroom ready for the new year...3 just sounds better though! Haha :)
    I apologize for my realism ;)
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Everycol0rEverycol0r member
    edited July 2015
    I feel guilty that as a SAHM my house is not 100% clean every day. I'm lucky if I average 50% for the week.

ETA and I feel guilty I just ate 4 soft bake cookies
    httpss-media-cache-ak0pinimgcom564x9c95d69c95d674dd5cf4fca6bd9d384e78e24bjpg
    LFAF February Siggy Challenge - "Favorite TV/Movie Couple"

httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUpload26b89148c7b33ea94ce2d81113588d17jpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadd47bf7ca05f00f6cf5bf636c32d9a75bjpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUpload8eecaf9159c3ef2d76474f4858e0ca7cjpg
    httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploada6e4cbc633a118da3abd087f7518f2c8jpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadc77e51750c881e1e2ec7bd004e796cd3jpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUpload54f663537b430163ad7fac1203ceb664jpg

Me: 28 | DH: 29
    DD: 10/17/13
    TTC#2 Actively: 10/14, NTNP: 01/14
    Left-Sided Hydrosalpinx (cause: genetic abnormality, TREATED 11/16)

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/396b04

• Options
    edited July 2015
    When I'm doing research / writing at night or on weekends I feel guilty that I'm not doing "normal" fun non-work things. But when I'm doing those fun things, I feel guilty that I'm not writing. And forget about summers off - I feel doubly guilty about not having amazing relaxation vacation unicorn sparkles, but also about the three papers I still haven't revised.

Basically this:

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• Options
    edited July 2015

I feel guilty I just ate 4 soft bake cookies

Ummm the only legitimate cookie-related guilt is if you keep them all to yourself.

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• Options
    I feel guilty that as a SAHM my house is not 100% clean every day. I'm lucky if I average 50% for the week. ETA and I feel guilty I just ate 4 soft bake cookies
    THIS!! I always feel guilty that I haven't done enough....I feel like now that i'm a SAHM I should have everything done, and be well put together by the time DH gets home. Normally though he finds me (and a pile of something dirty, whether it's laundry and/or dishes) and I'm still in my pajamas at 5pm. My daughter is also in this "no pants" phase, so I can just imagine what we look like on a daily basis....it's causing a lot of guilt!
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• Options
    jsassy said:
    I was going to say everything too! Except I was not raised Catholic...  I have a habit of always saying "sorry" even when it really isn't necessary. I mess up, sorry. You mess up, sorry. No one messed up, sorry. Then when someone points it out to me, "you say sorry a lot, stop doing that." My response? SORRY. Round and round we go.

Even though I was not raised Catholic, I feel like I was guilted from the very beginning. My therapist asked me once why I felt so guilty - the only response I could come up with was that I was born guilty. That's the best I got.

I do this as well all the time ><

I just feel guilty mostly if I know I was in the wrong about something.

TTC #2

What i'm trying: Seed Cycling,Fertility Friend,&Charting.
    My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    brittanyns5brittanyns5 member
    edited July 2015
    Today me and DH had to make the decision to give our dog, Clyde, away. We are moving and can't bring him with us. This was really hard for us considering it was our first and only animal together and he was our baby. I felt so guilty afterwards.

Edit for typos
  • Options
    I always feel guilty that I have time to exercise and make healthy meals - but I am too lazy sometimes. I get up every day at 3:30 with DH to pack him healthy breakfast / lunch and coffee for work and when he leaves I usually crawl back into bed, sleep in, and Netflix. Though to be fair, I did have a really long semester and I only get 3 days off before I have to go back and get ready to teach now that I've graduated. (It feels so strange to say that!)
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Today me and DH had to make the decision to give our dog, Clyde, away. We are moving and can't bring him with us. This was really hard for us considering it was our first and only animal together and he was our baby. I felt so guilty afterwards. Edit for typos
    I am so sorry! That must have been incredibly hard! I am sure Clyde will learn to love his new family and everything will be great.
    Anniversary

• Options
    @lifeonthehill
    Thank you so much!
  • Options
    crzyforbabiescrzyforbabies member
    edited July 2015
    This! I always feel bad when I don't clean up and just waste time. When he is on his way home it's like "Daddy is coming home, I better start cleaning up!" haha. DH does more cooking and cleaning in general, and I feel bad about it all the time. I'm the fourth-born of five kids, and my older sisters always picked up the slack. It's something I'm working on  :-<.
  • Options
    ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    edited July 2015
    I feel guilty if I skip yoga on Saturday morning to sleep in.  It doesn't happen often but depending on what I do Friday night or the weather, I will sometimes skip yoga. 8am comes early!  Then I get upset with myself for skipping yoga and feel guilty.  I have to miss yoga this saturday because DH and I are going to the Dublin Irish Festival in Dublin, OH which is several hours away, so we have to leave at like 8:30 am.  Even though I have a legit reason to miss, I still feel guilty for missing. 
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • Options
    @brittanyns5- I'm so sorry too!!! That stinks!! Try to find some peace in knowing that Clyde will get all the love and attention he needs and that he will be happy with his new family.  So sorry though!!
  • Options

I am definitely having the summer teacher guilt! I always have such good intentions about getting projects done around the house, cleaning the house, etc. But in reality I do a lot of Netflixing, reading and tanning! Now all of the sudden it's almost time for school to start!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I feel so bad when I leave my dogs at home longer than normal; or when we have plans at night and they don't get to be out. 
  • Options
    abpl2014 said:

I am definitely having the summer teacher guilt! I always have such good intentions about getting projects done around the house, cleaning the house, etc. But in reality I do a lot of Netflixing, reading and tanning! Now all of the sudden it's almost time for school to start!
    I had such good intentions too! Now it is time to start doing BTS projects instead of my summertime ones!
  • Options
    cattlebridecattlebride member
    edited July 2015
    When I saw a young Fabio look alike at the renisance fair and dh completely caught me gawking
  • Options
    I feel guilty that I suck at feigning interest in DH's hobbies when he wants to talk about them with me. :(  Then he realizes I'm sooooo not interested and gets sad.

Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 26 | DH: 27

• Options
    Today me and DH had to make the decision to give our dog, Clyde, away. We are moving and can't bring him with us. This was really hard for us considering it was our first and only animal together and he was our baby. I felt so guilty afterwards. Edit for typos

Please tell me you at least found a new home for your dog and didn't get dump him at a shelter/ pound.
  • Options
    @Snoflakes4eva
    I did find him a home. My DH works with the guy that we gave him too.
  • Options
    @Snoflakes4eva I did find him a home. My DH works with the guy that we gave him too.

Seriously, thank you for taking the time to find a new home for your dog. Too many people are lazy shit heads who just dump the dog and a shelter and hope for the best.
  • Options
    I tend to feel guilty about a lot of things. Lately it's been not going to the gym at all the past five or so months while still paying for a membership