July 2015 Moms

I didn't want to be induced!!

I have been pro-natural midwifery labor all along. Yesterday, at 41+2, I was showing +3 protein in my urine and my BP was 166/102 so I was sent to the hospital. Once I got here, I was much more hydrated and my protein was +1, with a BP originally at 142/90 something which later dropped to 127/71. They were about to send me home but ran an ultrasound and I have way more amniotic fluid in my uterus than normal, worrying them about me rupturing. They said I should have had my baby already, that my body is constantly having contractions trying to start labor, but it can't due to the amount of fluid. I am heartbroken and stressed, terrified of hospitals. Everyone has been really nice so far. I was given cervidil at 1 a.m. and am hoping for as little medical intervention as necessary. It would appear as though through one way or another, I'll be a momma today.

Re: I didn't want to be induced!!

• I hope your labor goes smoothly, and you have your sweet baby in your arms in no time! I am scheduled for induction Monday since mine is determined to stay inside forever! I'm 40+5 and because of my age they won't let me go past 41 weeks. I was at the hosp half the day last Sat due to a high BP reading, but they sent me home since it came down and I had no other pre-ecclampsia indicators. I feel about the same as you, don't want interventions and don't like hospitals! Hoping to labor most of the first stage at home (live 2 blocks from hosp) just to avoid being hooked up to monitors and IV's the whole time. I hope that despite the induction you have a wonderful experience with great Drs and nurses! Let us know how it goes!
  • I am also hoping for a natural birth at a birth center but as I inch further from my due date all I am really concerned about is a happy and healthy baby. Thoughts are with you and I look forward to an update! Hope you have your babe safely in your arms soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Well, on one hand that stinks, but on the other--Congratulations!!! Don't stress! I am sure they will take good care of you. Hope everything goes as smoothly as possible! Keep us updated
  • Good luck I'm sure your experience will be wonderful. Just focus on that sweet baby instead of your surroundings.
  • Awww. I'm sorry @megmansell I understand how you feel. I'm in a very similar position myself in that I too really want a natural/intervention free birth. Yesterday was my EDD, went in for an appt and my bp was 159/98. I was sent to the hospital for monitoring and a preeclampsia evaluation. The dr told me that if I had preeclampsia I would need to be induced. It's so stressful. I didn't have any other indicators so I was discharged after 4 hours. I have a follow up with the dr on Friday and if my bp is high I will be induced. I'm praying that LO comes on his own before then. I wish you the best. Keep us updated.
  • Being induced tomorrow really dreading it everyone says how horrible it is but at 41 weeks I'm ready to have this baby
  • This happened to me with my first. Planned a homebirth right up until the end when my BP sent me to the hospital for an induction. Mine went smoothly albeit long, survived 24 hours with no meds and then just had the epi and pit for a few hours at the end so I could get some rest. You'll do great, good luck mama!