June 2015 Moms
Options

Baby symptoms?

Re: Baby symptoms?

• Options
    @dancegurl1118 Glad she had a good feeding for you all. Hope stuffs better in the morning
  • Options
    I'm checking on @dancegurl1118 - how's it going with your LO?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @dancegurl1118 hope all is well today! Keep us updated.
  • Options
    Well now she has a 101 fever. Pediatricians still not concerned. Of course I'm at work all weekend. Definitely looking into changing pediatricians. If it gets higher will give her Tylenol. They said they're not concerned until 103-104...WHAT
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    ^^^^oh no! Did she have an ear infection? I know several of ours did...couldn't remember if yours was one. So sorry!
  • Options

Well now she has a 101 fever. Pediatricians still not concerned. Of course I'm at work all weekend. Definitely looking into changing pediatricians. If it gets higher will give her Tylenol. They said they're not concerned until 103-104...WHAT

Yap, that's barely a fever for LOs
  • Options
    Yikes @dancegurl1118 I hope she improves
  • Options
    @HayesRN13 I know I know and it's so easy for me to see it from a clinical standpoint but when it's your child it's different. That's the only way I can explain it. I just hate that she's constantly sick.
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    @dancegurl1118 wishing all good things for you and LO - hoping everything turns out alright!!!

• Options
    @dancegurl1118 I do understand, hoping she feels better soon!
  • Options
    Checking on @dancegurl1118 LO. Eating OK? Fever?
  • Options
    ^^ :-bd glad to hear the acetone smell is gone, too
  • Options
    HoosOnFirstHoosOnFirst member
    edited October 2015
    @dancegurl1118 great news!

Also, was it your LO who liked to randomly scream? My LO just started this yesterday. Today has been miserable. She practices yelling at the top of her lungs, which then turns into real screams and cries because she forgets she was just playing and convinces herself she's upset. For no reason.

She's also bucking her full body like a horse when we put her down and starts getting mad. She's also eating much more than normal yesterday and today. DH and I just put her down for a forced nap because holy cow she's acting crazy.

Is there a 5 month leap and growth spurt? WTH? She was pretty chill most of this month so far. Perhaps she's consolidating this leap into the last week of the month.
  • Options
    hoodoll82 said:

@dancegurl1118 great news!

Also, was it your LO who liked to randomly scream? My LO just started this yesterday. Today has been miserable. She practices yelling at the top of her lungs, which then turns into real screams and cries because she forgets she was just playing and convinces herself she's upset. For no reason.

She's also bucking her full body like a horse when we put her down and starts getting mad. She's also eating much more than normal yesterday and today. DH and I just put her down for a forced nap because holy cow she's acting crazy.

Is there a 5 month leap and growth spurt? WTH? She was pretty chill most of this month so far. Perhaps she's consolidating this leap into the last week of the month.

My guy does this lately, throws little tantrums and for past two days is drinking two more bottles a day than normal as if he's STARVING.. It's funny because his crying fits we can get him to switch back and forth from crying to laughing.. And it's usually nap time when he starts his fit cry
  • Options
    @HayesRN13 mine too, with the half cry/laugh. So weird!
    @hoodoll82 there are leaps constantly until like age 2. I need to go get the book. The app forecast is kinda getting me down.
    My dude is also eating a ton, and sleeping more, actually both day and night. Maybe a growth spurt. I'm delirious though, almost hallucinating. So so tired.
  • Options
    @virginiaunicorn11 and @HayesRN13 mine is doing the laughing and crying bit too...always when he's tired.

• Options
    and we're back to constipation.  he had a 4 day streak last week, one huge poopy after his vaccines on friday, then nothing since then.  he had cereal with prune juice friday night, prune juice today, 2 suppositories, and he had green beans....please poop baby!
  • Options
    LO keeps rubbing at her right ear and she's been super cranky the last three days. Literally nothing satisfies her. I'm thinking teething or an ear infection. We have an appointment in an hour. Anyone see teeth?
  • Options
    So I think my lo is getting a tooth, I looked in her mouth today and there is a little white dot right where a tooth will be coming in. It didn't wipe off so I'm assuming that's a tooth. From your picture I don't see a tooth. My lo will also rub by her ear when I am rocking her to sleep.
  • Options
    My LO has just started recently pulling at his ear! Like, he'll grab it and be like he's trying to pull it off his head, pulling his hand away. Then he of course pulls his ear out of his hand, and does the whole bit all over again. I am concerned about an ear infection (I used to get them pretty bad apparently), but I saw that yesterday and haven't seen it again since then. I didn't know they might mess with their ears if they are teething
  • Options
    No ear infection and the doctor didn't see teeth. However, I still think she's teething! :blush:
  • Options
    My doc told me no sign of teeth at her 4 month appt and literally 5 days later a tooth appeared! They don't know...
  • Options
    hoodoll82 said:

My doc told me no sign of teeth at her 4 month appt and literally 5 days later a tooth appeared! They don't know...

Ditto this.
  • Options
    I'm thinking about getting a second opinion about LO's right ear. She is clearly bothered by it. She cries and messes with it. Not her left ear, just the right. The ped didn't see anything inside it and thought maybe she was trying to itch the drool rash under her chin (which is on the left side). I don't think that's what it is. I just have no idea what it is or how to help her. It makes me feel terrible!
  • Options
    Sjeff0816 said:

I'm thinking about getting a second opinion about LO's right ear. She is clearly bothered by it. She cries and messes with it. Not her left ear, just the right. The ped didn't see anything inside it and thought maybe she was trying to itch the drool rash under her chin (which is on the left side). I don't think that's what it is. I just have no idea what it is or how to help her. It makes me feel terrible!

I'm no doctor and my baby hasn't gone through this, so it's probably not worth much.. But a few years ago I went to the doctor for ear pain and they told me the same thing but went ahead and prescribed antibiotics which didn't work. So I went to a take care clinic a week later and the np told me I had a fungal ear infection and gave me something else that cleared it up. I think initially I went to the dr so soon the fungus (sorry, ew) wasn't developed enough to be seen bc the nurse saw it immediately. Anyway, maybe that's helpful? Good luck! Poor thing :(
  • Options
    Awww @Sjeff0816 your poor LO! A second opinion doesn't hurt and only costs you your time (and copay, I guess). Follow that mama's intuition, mama
  • Options
    Any help on baby eczema? LO has spots on her back, arm creases, & scalp (it's bad there & she itches it). I have Eucerin eczema cream for the bad spots & have been bathing her every night in lukewarm water. I think I'm gonna take her to the doctor tomorrow just to make sure it is eczema, but no other symptoms.
  • Options
    My LO has eczema too. I use Aveeno eczema lotion on her about three times a day and slather her body in it after her nightly bath. It helps. The doctor also gave us some prescription cream that we haven't had to use yet.
  • Options
    She's Moisture Eczema soap is a lifesaver for us. Its a bar soap in the baby section. Seems to work better than any lotion or cream. I use it on myself as well and have seen a big difference.
  • Options
    We've got pinkeye! Boo! My boy twin got it yesterday, I took him to the ped this morning, and we started drops 3 times a day.

Ped prescribed 2 bottles of drops. For "when, not if" someone else in the house gets it.

Fortunately it hasn't affected his temperament at all. He only mildly minds the drops.
  • Options
    ^^Boo! That sucks. Hope it doesn't spread.
  • Options
    I'm still struggling to determine what is going on skin wise with my LO's eyebrows and forehead. I think its eczema, but it doesn't seem to itch him at all. But its definitely dry and flaky and used to be red. What I've been doing for it is to wipe his face nightly with a wet washcloth, then use a small amount of the eucerin eczema before bed. Its really helped with the flakiness and the redness is pretty much gone.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I'm on the fence about calling the doctor still. Kinda like you @mellymar where I think it is & the cream is helping.
    She has her 6 month appt in 2 weeks, so I'm hoping to wait & ask then, especially if the cream/lotion/moisture helps.
  • Options
    @krystleshel yeah I've had off and on skin issues with LO, including a rash on his stomach that comes and goes. I waited until his drs appt even tho it was 2 weeks or so away, just because it didn't seem to bother him and it wasn't super terrible
  • Options
    Poor baby girl is teething and the little tooth is playing hide and seek, popping up and then going back down and then popping up again. LO is so good natured but at night she whimpers and wakes a lot. Her gums are so raw :( Tylenol at bedtime and camilia during the day! Damn tooth...just freaking pop out and stop teasing us!
  • Options
    Anyone else have to wean LO off of reflux meds? We stopped Omeprazole earlier this week and then had to put her back on 3 days later. She was clearly in pain from food coming back up, had a few forceful spit ups and this morning I found her spit up to be tinged brown (which suggests blood from the reflux). The doc says it sounds like we can't go off of it yet. Sigh.
  • Options
    @hoodoll82 I have no advice but I am really sorry your going through that! Dang it!!!
  • Options
    Aww wish that you had a better outcome with the reflux hopefully soon!

I didn't realize that teeth go up and down! I swore there was a tooth one day this week but them kept looking and couldn't see it again. Teething is hard enough why the game of hide and seek!?

• Options
    Aww, that sucks @hoodoll82. I'm sorry you still have to stick with the medicine. Have you been able to wean off the super sensitive formula, tho?