February 2016 Moms

Still tired

I will be 13 weeks this Thursday! I'm so excited that I've made it all the way to my second trimester! My nausea is so much better. Most days I don't even get nauseous unless I just need to eat. My issue is that I'm dealing with overwhelming exhaustion. I just have zero energy most of my day. Usually when I first wake up in the morning I feel good but give it a couple hours and I'm already wanting to lay back down... Which I can't because I'm at work. I was off today and got my haircut, came home and ate lunch and then I fell asleep for 2 hours. When I woke up my body felt so heavy and tired it... I can still feel it. I know everyone is different but I've heard the second trimester gets better. I'm so happy to be pregnant, but I feel incapable of living a normal life right now. Before you ask, I drink lots of water and I take really good vitamins. Anyone else experiencing the same thing this far in your pregnancy? I started feeling a lot better around 9 weeks but suddenly the tiredness has hit me again this week.

Re: Still tired

• Loading the player...
  • OMG! I'm so exhausted! I cant function my only days off are Saturday and Sunday and Sunday we have church so that pretty much leaves me Saturday to be "lazy" and I get to wake up at 7am but as much as I would love to nap during the day its impossible with 2 very active kids 2 and 4....I just want to SLEEP!!!!
  • Have you checked your iron levels? I think low iron is what making me so tired. I've also heard that b6 and b-complex can also boost energy. I'm only 11 weeks and still having nausea. Another thing I've noticed is that if I do light exercise, I have more energy thank if I just sit around all day. (Seems counterintuitive though)
  • I always found it funny that they say you could get an energy boost in your second trimester. I think it may be due to just feeling better from not having morning sickness because if you think about it your baby is now growing at a rapid rate. Your body is also doing most of its stretching and growing and changing in the second trimester as well so it makes sense that you may still feel absolutely exhausted. With my first pregnancy there was only a few blissful weeks at the end of my second trimester when I felt completely awake and able to take on the day.
  • I'm 13 weeks as well and I feel exhausted all the time. I have noticed it gets worse after I eat. I too take vitamins, I'm active and drink plenty fluids. I just cannot get it together! I hate it! I have 2 other kids and I feel horrible because I'm so tired all the time and we don't do as much stuff as we used to :(
  • My exhaustion usually sticks around until I can feel the baby flutters, like at 16 weeks....that's when I usually get my second wind.
    Happily Married to Tim {10-11-2003}
    Isabella {09-02-05} & Savannah {03-02-07} & Bradley {02-06-10}

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I know what you mean. It's hard to describe the exhaustion-it's more like the totally wiped out feeling you get with a really bad illness. It feels like you won't make it through now, but you will!
    I've never gotten a burst of energy in the 2nd tri, but I start to not be so tired around the halfway mark.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Definitely can relate to the exhaustion. That's pretty much the only pregnancy symptom I've had and was the same way with my first pregnancy. Working nights doesn't help at all and my husband hates that I want to sleep all the time because he wants our quality time together! He just doesn't get it!