Infertility

Stims or progesterone, which is worse?

Im currently going through my first IVF. Ive been extremely nervous about side effects because I have to work and be on my feet throughout this process. Tonight I'm taking my trigger shot, and up until now I've been feeling great (besides some discomfort in my ovaries and mild constipation) What I'm wondering is, is the worst part over? Did ya'll experience worse side-effects during your stim meds before your retrieval or was it worse after your retrieval while taking the progesterone?

Thank you, and good luck to all of you!!!!!

Re: Stims or progesterone, which is worse?

• I haven't done Ivf but I am doing a medicated iui now. I had no issues during the stims but have had some side effects from the progesterone. Nothing major except horrible back pain but I think I just hurt my back and it's not fully related
  • MKLEWIS2010MKLEWIS2010 member
    edited July 2015
    Hi, good luck with the retrieval. After the retrieval I was tired and had cramps but nothing too bad. I know some people have said they get headaches from progesterone but I didn't plus i take the PIO so it's an intramuscular shot and then I go straight to sleep after. It does cause constipation so I take a fiber supplement. I hope everything goes well for you! Do they know how many follies you have growing?
    Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    TTC #1 - since 10/16/2012 
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Honestly, I didn't really have any serious side effects. My only complaints are that during the stims I gained about 5 pounds each cycle and got hot flashes. I'm doing progesterone injections now and don't have any side effects so far.
    Married since 2013, TTC since 2/2014
    Me : 32 with DOR 
     DH: 35 with 0% morphology 

History:  
    IVF #1 with ICSI 2/15- Banked 3 embryos
    IVF #2 with ICSI 3/15: Banked 2 embryos
    IVF #3 with ICSI 4/15: Banked 1 embryo
    IVF #4 with ICSI 6/15: Banked 1 embryo
    FET #1: 7/25: Waiting for Beta results 

• No side effects to me either except being emotional.
  • I have no advice on this matter but I wanted to say good luck I took my trigger tonight too and surprisingly feel yucky. That aside I'll keep my FX for you.
  • @MKLEWIS2010 I have just over 30 follicles growing, thank you for your advice! @gkamerman78 I feel REALLY yucky too, thank you and good luck also!
  • @beckihall is that between both your ovaries?
  • That's a good number I'm praying you get some good embryos! Keep us posted
    Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    TTC #1 - since 10/16/2012 
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @gkamerman78 yes, thats between both of them. I've been fortunate, I'm under 30 so I responded to the stims really well, but it puts me at high risk for ohss. So in nervous for that.
  • How do you feel today? I actually feel a bit worse but my injection site is killer sore.....just wondered how you were fairing today? What time is your retrieval tomorrow?
  • @gkamerman78 I feel poppy! That trigger shot really knocked me on my a$$! I am really sore too, was totally not expecting it! Lol Could be worse though. My retrieval is at 9am, what time is yours. I'll pray for you!