January 2016 Moms

Extra sac in ultrasound?!

jgregory0215jgregory0215 member
edited July 2015 in January 2016 Moms
I have searched trying to find a board like this .. I am having trouble so sorry if this is something similar to what someone has already posted .. This was my 9 week ultra sound.. My ultra sound with my son looked nothing like this. I asked the tech what that extra little sac was and she said I needed to talk with my doctors they said it was nothing.. I've recently switched doctors because I feel like mine kind of blow me off which is annoying & from what I'm finding online it says an empty sac or yolk sac .. Just don't know if this is normal or not..

Re: Extra sac in ultrasound?!

• FYI If you are 9 weeks you should be on the February or March board.
    The little sac is normal I had that at 9 weeks too. It's just part of how the baby goes. An empty sac would be that with no baby. Or nothing at all.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you!!!! That's what I've been finding but of course all my fb friends and family are like "that's not normal" so I'm like what the heck!?
  • amama3amama3 member
    My first ultrasound looked similar to that. They labeled baby and the yolk sac on it. Completely normal :)
  • You are fine and if doc says it's nothing don't worry!
  • I'm 15 weeks as of today. This was a picture from my first ultra sound weeks ago, I'm just now sharing it with people.
  • Oh gotcha that makes sense. Have you been seen since tben?
  • No, but I am going Friday! I am seeing my new dr and she ordered an ultra sound.. Not sure why because I know I will need one at 20 weeks again.. I am considered high risk so I am guessing that's why??? I'm not going to argue it.. I'm excited to see my baby again.. My son hasn't stopped talking about seeing his "bebe on da tv again" since this first ultra sound .. So he will love it :)
  • Aww that's so cute!
    They are probably doing another since you are a new patient and high risk
  • Yeah that's what I figured! Thank you!
  • You are welcome! Do you feel a little better?
  • Just a yolk sack for sure, when I had my first a 6 weeks it was bigger than the baby! By 8 weeks it has shrank a ton and by 12 it was gone. So cute for your son to be excited to see the baby. 
  • Definitely .. Especially after seeing other girls post so quickly saying theirs look similar .. I've learned not to google anything because it will take my anxiety from 0 to 100 REAL QUICK .. Haha
  • Back away from Doctor google lol
  • My doctor tells me every appointment to stay off of Dr Google! Anxiety to the max!