February 2016 Moms
Options

Kidney Stone **updated**

shupertj09shupertj09 member
edited July 2015 in February 2016 Moms
So I woke up this morning around 5 am in horrible crippling pain. I'm a mom to two angel babies so my first thought was...please God, not again. It felt like I was in labor the pain was so intense. Then of course there was the blood, I was fairly certain it was just in my urine though (I've had a kidney stone before so at some point my PGAL brain chilled long enough for me to think kidney stone) we go to the ER who agree it's a kidney stone. I let them know I am pregnant and explain the scary stuff I read online. After 3 rounds of morphine, they did an ultrasound only to tell me the baby is too small to see or hear a heartbeat. I'm 9 weeks so I am freaking out! Please keep my baby in your thoughts and prayers, I'm hoping my OB will bring me in for an ultrasound.

Edit: words are hard
Praying this is our take home baby. STICK TURKEY Mommy will miss you everyday my beautiful angel. We love you Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers M/C on 1/05/11 at 11 weeks.

Re: Kidney Stone **updated**

• Options
    Just wanted to say I had kidney stones at 8weeks and about 25weeks with my first. It was horrible, can't stand or walk, back pain, I thought I was in labor too. The second time they actually kept me in the maternity ward to monitor my baby until I passed the stone.
    T&P for you and your little one
  • Options
    T&P, Hoping you are able to pass the stone without any complications. As for not being able to see a heartbeat at nine weeks-Is it possible you got your dates wrong? Did you have a previous dating ultrasound?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry about the kidney stone. I finished passing one at about 7 weeks and I'm terrified of more during my pregnancy.
    FX that you're just not as far along as you expected and that your stone makes its way out quick and easy!
  • Options
    Yes we had a dating ultrasound done at 6w 5 days.
    Praying this is our take home baby. STICK TURKEY Mommy will miss you everyday my beautiful angel. We love you Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers M/C on 1/05/11 at 11 weeks.
  • Options
    Did you see the heartbeat then?
  • Options
    Yes we did
  • Options
    T&p for a speedy recovery and healthy little one

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Fx for you for a speedy recovery and good news. You and your family are in my thoughts. Keep us updated.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Yes we did

Maybe you could go in for a second opinion. Hope you get the reassurance you need.
  • Options
    Super annoyed with my OB office. My husband talked to the nurse who told him the abnormal ultrasound at the ER did not concern her? Ummm...it concerns us, another doctor told us he could not see our baby or get a heartbeat...she apparently got really rude with DH and told him I could come in for a visit but they would not be checking the baby. WTF?!? I think it's time to switch OBs...I don't think our fears are unreasonable or unfounded but that's how they acted. So mad.
  • Options
    I'm sorry that your OB was so dismissive. Hoping you get some answers. Keep us updated.
  • Options

Super annoyed with my OB office. My husband talked to the nurse who told him the abnormal ultrasound at the ER did not concern her? Ummm...it concerns us, another doctor told us he could not see our baby or get a heartbeat...she apparently got really rude with DH and told him I could come in for a visit but they would not be checking the baby. WTF?!? I think it's time to switch OBs...I don't think our fears are unreasonable or unfounded but that's how they acted. So mad.

Wow, that's really insensitive! If an ER ultrasound couldn't find my baby's heartbeat, I would've expected my ob to get me in asap to recheck!! Best wishes that all is ok.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker