3rd Trimester

38 weeks +1 feeling very "off"

Hi there,
This is my second baby, but the first I'm having (hopefully) naturally. I was induced at 38 weeks with my first due to nultiple medical conditions. Just in the last 4-5 days, in particular after my midwife appointment, i have started to feel very crampy both in my back and pelvic area (very mich like menstrual cramping), i have a lot of trouble walking properly, and loose bowel movements accompanied by nausea. I also seem to have a lot of "prickly" sensations all over my tummy and clear mucous after a bowel movement. I thought i would just ride it out but last night i went to the loo and my urine was a light pink then went back to normal after 3 wees. I am 90% certain i dont have a uti or kidney infection because i have just finished my antibiotics for a kidney infection and kidney stones and only just had my urine tested 4 days ago. Could this be my waters leaking with urine? I did not smell it, as i was kind of freaking out. Just seems odd that its gone just as quickly as it arrived. Sorry for tmi!

Best Answers

Re: 38 weeks +1 feeling very "off"

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks. I saw a doctor (which was a waste of my time and money). She told me i didnt have a uti and no blood present in urine. No protein or cloudiness. As for the loose stools i need to have had diarrhea for 3 weeks before they will investigate, and she told me its definitely not pregnancy related, drink fluids and take panadol. So frustrating. She refused to do an internal to see if i haf dialated causing any of the above symptoms. Prett much told me theres nothing she was willing to do and to give her $ for the useless info. Could have diagnosed myself!!!
  • shelbz88 said:

Thanks. I saw a doctor (which was a waste of my time and money). She told me i didnt have a uti and no blood present in urine. No protein or cloudiness. As for the loose stools i need to have had diarrhea for 3 weeks before they will investigate, and she told me its definitely not pregnancy related, drink fluids and take panadol. So frustrating. She refused to do an internal to see if i haf dialated causing any of the above symptoms. Prett much told me theres nothing she was willing to do and to give her $ for the useless info. Could have diagnosed myself!!!

Sounds like she gave you great info. And why would she check if you're dilated? Doesn't mean anything, and has the potential to cause more issues. Kudos to your Dr!
    imageLilypie - (d9io)
    imageLilypie - (3w4O)
  • Thanks to those who gave helpful replies :)>-
  • shelbz88 said:

Thanks. I saw a doctor (which was a waste of my time and money). She told me i didnt have a uti and no blood present in urine. No protein or cloudiness. As for the loose stools i need to have had diarrhea for 3 weeks before they will investigate, and she told me its definitely not pregnancy related, drink fluids and take panadol. So frustrating. She refused to do an internal to see if i haf dialated causing any of the above symptoms. Prett much told me theres nothing she was willing to do and to give her $ for the useless info. Could have diagnosed myself!!!

Sounds like the doctor did what they were supposed to. So I'm not sure why you seem so dissatisfied with your visit.
  • There's no reason to check dilation if you're not in labor with regular contractions. It doesn't mean anything. My best friend walked around at 3cm for almost 3 weeks, while I was closed at my dr appt 3 days before I went into labor. It doesn't tell you anything. It sounds like the doctor gave you good information and peace of mind. If that's not worth the copay, why did you bother going?
  • delujm0 said:

There's no reason to check dilation if you're not in labor with regular contractions. It doesn't mean anything. My best friend walked around at 3cm for almost 3 weeks, while I was closed at my dr appt 3 days before I went into labor. It doesn't tell you anything. It sounds like the doctor gave you good information and peace of mind. If that's not worth the copay, why did you bother going?

I was checked with my last pregnancy multiple times that is why i kind of expected things to be the same. Nothing of what she said gave me peace of mind, i wasted my time, when she couldnt give me an answer as to why my urine has changed colour so dramatically and why i am expelling acid from my bowels just to take panadol and come back after a few weeks if i still have severe diarrhea. In the meantime, just deal with it basically. I dont know where you live but where i live, you arent charged anything for visiting a doctor when you are pregnant - which is why i was also very dissatisfied. She very clearly didnt know a lot about pregnancy and kept ringing another gp for advice. I was booked in with her instead of my normal gp as she was the only one avail.