Baby Names
Options

Caroline and Kate?

DD's name is Caroline, and we've been throwing around girl names (still!) for baby #3... Do you think Kate (Katherine) is too close sounding with Caroline? I appreciate y'alls honest opinions and help!! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Caroline and Kate?

• Options
    crf4crf4 member
    That's a tough one. Caroline & Kate doesn't seem too bad but Caroline & Katherine seems much, much wordier. Would you always call her Kate? I mean they won't always be called together in a sibset and Katherine is a beautiful name.
  • Options
    I think they sound great together!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    momo21momo21 member
    Love it!
  • Options
    Too matchy to me, especially Caroline and Katherine.
  • Options
    I think I'd always call her Kate, I totally agree Katherine sounds too wordy & matchy.... So tough! :(

• Options
    If you plan to call her Kate, I think it goes fine with Caroline. But Kathryn nn Kate is our number one girl name right now too so I'm biased
  • Options
    What about Kathleen or Katerina? You can still call her Kate but it may sound better with your sib set?
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    Katherine no Kate isn't too close to Kate
  • Options
    I think Caroline and Katherine are too similar for everyday usage, but fine on paper. I wouldn't side-eye it. I think Caroline and Kate work fine for everyday usage. Also like PP suggestions for similar names (Kathleen, etc)

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• Options
    I think they are cute together, especially if you are going to call her Kate. Does Caroline have a nn?
  • Options
    I have a Kate and Caroline would be at the top of my list for a sibling if DH didn't have a cousin named Caroline. I think they are great together! Caroline and Katherine are a bit matchy, but I wouldn't worry about it at all if you are always going to call her Kate.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Cautiously expecting our second little petri dish baby - stick, Baby, stick!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I agree w/ PP that Katherine is too matchy to Caroline and does not flow well.  Why not just name her Kate instead of selecting a name where Kate is the nn?

httpi62tinypiccomuarkwpng

httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadb7817660919c960ebd43e30c9c837741jpg
  • Options
    keri0517 said:

Why not just name her Kate instead of selecting a name where Kate is the nn?

I wouldn't recommend this. She needs a full name to use on formal documents, like a job application. My SIL is Kate, as a full name, and she gets tired of saying "just Kate. It's not short for anything." The time both girls are living under the same roof is much shorter than the time she'll be out on her own, explaining her name.

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• Options
    Thank you all so much for the input -- it really puts my concerns at ease!

Caroline's middle name is Charlyne (DH late grandmothers name, my hands were tied!) and if #3 is a girl it might be Katherine Julia (my late grandmother for mn) :)

• Options
    It's great but please full name Katherine.
    Beautiful names!!
    March 2011: Off Nuva, cycle back to "normal" for me: No periods since 15 years old. June 2011:Provera&50 mg Clomid; Progesterone:0.7 July 2011:Provera&100mg Clomid; Progesterone:3.29 Met with RE:No Clomid response, begin injectables Sep 5 mg Letrozole and Ovidrel in the interim month. Cut out running (was a distance-runner), cycling, eliptical. Restricted to weight-training, walking, pilates. Brain MRI normal. Being physically over-stressed is the reason the body stopped producing prog. Late Sep 2011: Menopur, Ovidrel,& IUI (10.10.11):BFN-Great injectable response: 2 mature, 6 near mature, many smaller; Problem: 9 cysts! Dr: IUI too uncontrolled for number of viable eggs & age. On to IVF! IVF ER 12.6: 37 mature eggs, 27 fertilized, froze all to avoid overstimulation; FET 1.22 (2 Grade 1)=BFN; FET 2.22 (3 Grade 2)=BFP! Beta 10dp3dt=291; 12dp3dt=644; HB 3.26!! 174 bpm: Vanishing twin almost completely absorbed 10wks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker