Pregnant after a Loss

Rising hCG but bleeding ***Updated***

wilkat2009wilkat2009 member
edited August 2015 in Pregnant after a Loss

I am feeling really depressed right now.  My hCG levels are going up but I have been spotting the past few days.  Started out light spotting (not even enough to get on my underwear) but today the spotting turned heavier and bright red.  I went yesterday for an ultrasound and they found a sac but no fetal pole, however my hCG level went from 1734 to 18,327 in one week.  I also was expecting that I was around 5weeks but they said the sac was around 4weeks.  The doctor doesnt seem overly worried, but they do have me coming back tomorrow for another hCG scan.

I am freaking out and getting really discourage because although i know bleeding can occur in normal pregnancies, bleeding has always ended in a miscarriage for me. 

Re: Rising hCG but bleeding ***Updated***

• I have had bleeding twice with this pregnancy and three u/s show growth and heart beat. I know it's hard and we are always preparing ourselves for the worst. Hang in there and remember that this is all beyond your control. T&P.
    Married 7/20/13
    #1 MC August 2014 @ 5 Weeks
    #2 MC November 2014 @ 5 Weeks
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • wilkat2009wilkat2009 member
    edited July 2015
    Thanks for the support and prayers. Had bloodwork today but won't find out results until Monday. Torture. I have another ultrasound on Wednesday. Still spotting but seems to be old blood. Hoping for the best.
  • PlainJane8350PlainJane8350 member
    edited July 2015
    Just take it as easy as you can, drink plenty of fluids, eat when you can and get as much sleep as possible. Keep walking to a minimum, too, if you can! Just in case. I think it's a good sign that the active bleeding stopped. When I had my loss the spotting never stopped and just got worse.
  • Thanks PlainJane :)
  • What @PlainJane8350 said, it is a good sign that the bleeding has not gotten worse. Good luck to you!

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• The nurse called this morning and said that my hCG went from 18,327 to 30,825.  It didnt double exactly but did rise, i read that after a certain point your levels double in 72hours instead of 48 hours.  So I am hoping that is a good sign.   The doctor wants to see me this afternoon instead of waiting until Wednesday because he feels we should be able to see something now that my hcg has risen to that level. 

I am praying that we see a heartbeat today.  The bleeding seems to have stopped, did have one small amount of red blood on Saturday but for the most part its been brown and not very heavy. 

• Good luck those levels sounds good, mine definitely slowed down as they got higher.  How long between these last two draws?  Good luck and hoping you see a healthy little bean with a nice strong heartbeat today. 

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

April 2015 IVF#1

Silly mugglesimage

• Good luck and keep us posted! I really think it's just a SCH or something, I had one of those with this pregnancy and so far, so good. We'll all be thinking of you and your sticky little gummy bear today!
  • Thanks ladies - it was about 54 hours between draws. 

I will keep you posted on the progress!

• oh that's actually way better than my doubling rate at those levels, I went from 17,044 to 39,429 in the week between 6 & 7 weeks.  I also have had bleeding due to an SCH. FX for you and LO!!!

April 2015 IVF#1

Silly mugglesimage

• So glad to see this update!! Glad you had a good scan hopefully you can ride on this good news for a little while and get another peek soon!

April 2015 IVF#1

Silly mugglesimage

• Keep up the good work, you two!
  • Congratulations and thanks for keeping us posted! I'm sure reading positive updates helps everyone on the board.
  • Thanks for this post. I've been spotting on and off since finding out I was pregnant. This morning there was dark red then stopped again. My hcg is doubling to tripling and my progesterone is good. It's unnerving. I'm only 5 weeks but going in today for early ob appt. Praying so hard. I had a mmc in March and never bled, only found out was loss when there was no HR at 11 weeks scan.
  • @PlainJane8350 yea I know I hate when I google post and there is no resolution to the post so I am trying to keep this one updates especially since it's good news and lord knows we all need that from time to time.

@Knottie07806479 I know exactly how you feel. Spotting is always so scary and previous to this baby spotting was never a good sign for me (although I know plenty women spot). So I am happy this baby is proving me wrong. I am praying for you. Let us know how your appointment goes!
  • @PlainJane8350 yea I know I hate when I google post and there is no resolution to the post so I am trying to keep this one updates especially since it's good news and lord knows we all need that from time to time.

Preach! (And the positive updates are awesome!)
    Married 7/20/13
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Did she put you on pelvic rest?
  • No pelvic rest just told me not to overdo it. No heavy lifting. She said the SCH was pretty small and didn't seem overly worried about it. I go back at 12 weeks for another sonogram.
  • That's great news! Any bleeding is just horrifying so I'm glad it all looked good and you heard that glorious heart!!
    Married 7/20/13
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @borgahurst yes! Thankfully I haven't had any bleeding since so praying that was the last of it. Come on rainbow baby!!!!
  • cmerriburycmerribury member
    edited September 2015
    @wilkat2009 that's wonderful news! congrats on the little girl! 

ETA: i'm waiting on the results of my genetic testing. it was done yesterday, but it feels like a year ago! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @cmerribury The wait is the worst part.  I just tried to stay busy.  Thankfully the long weekend feel during the wait so it was easy to do.
  • @wilkat2009 i'm trying to think of things i can do to distract myself. i'm going to be positively GLUED to my phone next thursday (the genetic counselor said they get results back in 7 days like clockwork). not for the first time this pregnancy, i keep saying "i wish i could go to sleep and wake up X days later..." :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Congratulations! :O)
  • Yay! Always good to hear updates - especially positive ones!
    Married 7/20/13
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yay! Congrats!

• Congrats!! Im so happy for you- you've reached 12weeks!! Stay strong sticky rainbow baby! :)
  • Congratulations!!
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Thanks everyone!  13 weeks today - last week before the 2nd trimester. 
  • That first trimester mark really was awesome to get past! Here's to part two of this journey!
    Married 7/20/13
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I couldnt agree more @borgahurst !