1st Trimester
Options

Boy or Girl?? 12 week ultrasound please guess :)

Hey everyone!

Any guesses if it's a boy or girl?

Re: Boy or Girl?? 12 week ultrasound please guess :)

• Options
    You may want to look into the nub theory. It is just like any other gender predicting, but I have seen more people have correct results. They say they can sometimes make a guess at 12 weeks. But I would still think its for fun..
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Skull theory? I have seen a lot of threads of people asking the same question with similar profile shot.
  • Options
    Thanks I appreciate your help.
  • Options
    I am guessing boy based on the skull, it looks kind of like my 10wk u/s pic, and I am thinking boy this time. We'll see :) 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Id say boy looks like a lil some dwn there me and my fiance have a poll going he say boy n I sooo want him to be right I say girl dats all we have the gender predictions test all say boy even the baking soda vinegar test!
  • Options
    Agreed on nub theory!  The angle of the dangle is the best way to make an educated guess at this point.  I was dying to know the gender of my twins.  I had an ultrasound at 13 weeks, and the technician guessed boy for both based on the nubs, and she was right!  Based on your pic, I would guess boy, but the angle looks pretty close to the 30 degree mark, so it really could go either way!
  • Options
    Boy. And there is nothing wrong with wanting to know the sex as soon as you can. Of course people want a healthy baby but some people are curious to know more! I have always been team green but i don't make people feel bad for wanting to know or have fun guessing sooner!
    6 & 2 year old, 2 losses
  • Options
    For me, I already have one boy, and since I am having twins, I wanted to know if either was a girl. Even though kids may not fit stereotypes, research shows that boys and girls develop differently. I really am hoping that I get to experience raising both, but that doesn't change the fact that I am thrilled to be a mama of 3 beautiful boys. I just want to know as much about my babies as possible as soon as possible. If they have a birthmark on their leg, I would love to know about it!

And it is actually not 50/50. It's certainly not 100% accurate which is why we usually wait, but a trained technician can give an educated guess with better odds if they have a clear view. I'm just relaying what my ultrasound tech told me. I'm not claiming to be qualified in this arena.
  • Options

Boy. And there is nothing wrong with wanting to know the sex as soon as you can. Of course people want a healthy baby but some people are curious to know more! I have always been team green but i don't make people feel bad for wanting to know or have fun guessing sooner!

Why, though? I can understand mild curiosity. But people place so much importance on the baby's genitals, they throw whole parties about them.

The genitals don't tell you anything other than how your baby will pee and have sex. Your baby boy could hate sports and trucks. Your baby girl might hate dance and prefer to play tackle football.
    I don't know but some people have visions in their heads about raising a certain sex. I personally believe it's a subconscious fear to raise a certain sex that you feel you won't connect with or "love" but speaking as a mother of both a girl and a boy, once they come out all fear is gone. You fall in love no matter what.
    6 & 2 year old, 2 losses
  • Options
    Please tell me this is not for serious.

Anniversary

• Options
    It's a manatee! Congrats.
    Totally a manatee. Lookit that squish.
  • Options
    I honestly can't tell. I would advise investing in some patience.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers