February 2016 Moms

Unpopular Opinons 7/23

Re: Unpopular Opinons 7/23

• My UO: by the time someone graduates high school they should have at least a solid basic understanding of algebra and grammar. I'm not saying this to be a downer on students, more so that the educational system needs to do a better job. Also not getting down on teachers. My biggest thing is the syllabi that is used statewide in various places.

I wrote a paper for my English comp class about the state I live in vs. the common core method because VT has an F in mathematics and a D in English whereas the common core has about an A- in mathematics and I think an A in English. I work at a college as an admin assistant and a math tutor, and the skills of students coming out of high school make me sad.
  • Loading the player...
  • Kiek said:

I don't like southern cooking or sweet tea and I grew up in the south :-O

Omg, what I wouldn't give for a glass of sweet tea right now. I miss it so much!!!
  • Add carbs and cheese and I'm pretty sure I could survive on avocados and Greek yogurt.
  • cantobean said:
    Add carbs and cheese and I'm pretty sure I could survive on avocados and Greek yogurt.
    One brain @cantobean! That has been my diet staples since BFP!

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • kris10mac said:

My UO for today...

I don't generally like kids except my own and my friends' kids. Even with some friends's kids, there are a few that I simply tolerate.

I realized this at the pool the other day how annoyed I am by most children. Lol

My husband is the same way. Expect I think he's coming around.

• kris10mac said:

My UO for today...

I don't generally like kids except my own and my friends' kids. Even with some friends's kids, there are a few that I simply tolerate.

I realized this at the pool the other day how annoyed I am by most children. Lol

My husband is the same way. Expect I think he's coming around.

I actually don't really mind any smaller children. But now that my daughter is five, other kids that age and a couple years older are not my cup of tea. I'm thankful that most of her friends we have over don't make me nuts. Ha!
    Pregnancy Ticker

September Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Fall:
  • I love Greek Yogurt with a tbsp of peanut butter mixed in! Or I do a scoop of chocolate whey and some chocolate chips. :)
    Benjamin born on - 4/5/12
    BFP 12/31/14, EDD 9/08/14 ~ Natural M/C 2/21/14 at 11.5 weeks
    BFP 5/24/15 - EDD 2/4/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• On the yogurt note, I LOVE greek yogurt, but I'm really picky about it. I really only like Oikos for eating straight (especially their vanilla) and only use plain for cooking or as a very healthy substitute for sour cream (when doing that I don't care about the brand so much).

I do love guacamole but not plain avocado . . . and right now can't do the guac soooo . . . 
  • cantobean said:

My UO: dogs are cute but I never want to own one. I can't be bound to walking it daily, never going on a trip without lining up a dog sitter, and picking up its poop. It's just not worth it to me.

We have a cat and she is enough of a handful.

This made me smile just because dogs and babies are very similar. Have to clean up their poop, love toys that squeak, can't leave them alone, always chewing on shit. Bonus points for babies because they don't shed fur all.over.the.damn.house!

My UO- I will never eat Taco Bell. Ew.
  • cantobean said:

My UO: dogs are cute but I never want to own one. I can't be bound to walking it daily, never going on a trip without lining up a dog sitter, and picking up its poop. It's just not worth it to me.

We have a cat and she is enough of a handful.

This made me smile just because dogs and babies are very similar. Have to clean up their poop, love toys that squeak, can't leave them alone, always chewing on shit. Bonus points for babies because they don't shed fur all.over.the.damn.house!

My UO- I will never eat Taco Bell. Ew.
    My husband and I call it "Taco Hell" because of the after effects. So good, but soooo bad.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think quinoa is disgusting and the only way I could tolerate it is if it were swimming in a sea of ranch dressing.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My UO: Starbucks drip coffee tastes acidic and burnt.
  • ashcody2ashcody2 member
    edited July 2015
    I find the Star Wars movies boring - I actually call them "Snore Wars" since I've never made it through an entire movie, maybe I should try watching them during the day but every single time I pass out within 15 mins of it starting. My husband on the other hand, is probably the biggest Star Wars geek and I even let him make our son's room Star Wars themed. 

I actually like Star Trek though, similar? No? 

Edit: because I can't type today
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ashleyandjodyashleyandjody member
    edited July 2015
    I don't know what miracle whip is but that's not an opinions, that's a fact lol. I've seen it before but am confused by it - is it mayo?

This is Miracle Whip
    It's different from mayo in that it has a sweet taste to it and a lower oil content. Have you ever seen the commercials where they encourage people to try miracle whip? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR3BVN8ofk8

Edited because words are hard today

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think quinoa is disgusting and the only way I could tolerate it is if it were swimming in a sea of ranch dressing.

I can't for the life of me understand everyone's fascination with quinoa. I like almost ALL foods. I've tried preparing it a bunch of ways at home, tried it out at restaurants...just, nope.
  • I wish I liked it but sparkling water of any kind is disgusting. I love drinking water (when it doesn't make me nauseous) and I love soda but soda water is just nasty. Doesn't matter if you flavor it, still gross.

They used to make a sparkling water called clearly Canadian and it was delish! Any others I've tried are just awful.
    Baby 2.0!
    BabyFruit Ticker

"http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32499b"
     28 Years old DH 29
    Married since 8/7/10
  • My UO: by the time someone graduates high school they should have at least a solid basic understanding of algebra and grammar. I'm not saying this to be a downer on students, more so that the educational system needs to do a better job. Also not getting down on teachers. My biggest thing is the syllabi that is used statewide in various places.

I wrote a paper for my English comp class about the state I live in vs. the common core method because VT has an F in mathematics and a D in English whereas the common core has about an A- in mathematics and I think an A in English. I work at a college as an admin assistant and a math tutor, and the skills of students coming out of high school make me sad.
    I know you said you aren't trying I get down on teachers, but it's hard when you work at a school
    Where the lowest grade possible on anything is a 50 and the administration harasses you if you try to fail a kid to uphold any standards of any kind. The problem really isn't the teachers, but the system including the parents. Helicopter parenting hasn't helped this last generation out- probably my uo of the day :)
    I'm curious what you mean by helicopter parents? My thought would be that a helicopter parent would be interactive with the child and teachers in helping the kids succeed.
    Baby 2.0!
    BabyFruit Ticker

28 Years old DH 29
    Married since 8/7/10
  • I'm just going to leave this here...
    Baby 2.0!
    BabyFruit Ticker

28 Years old DH 29
    Married since 8/7/10

• I wish I liked it but sparkling water of any kind is disgusting. I love drinking water (when it doesn't make me nauseous) and I love soda but soda water is just nasty. Doesn't matter if you flavor it, still gross.
    They used to make a sparkling water called clearly Canadian and it was delish! Any others I've tried are just awful.
    OMG Clearly Canadian!!!  I loved that stuff in highschool. I read somewhere that they got bought by a venture capitalist, and they were accepting pre-orders by the case, and if they reached a certain amount of order, they were going to start production again sometime this year! 

Clearly Canadian was the shizz! H mentioned it was coming back and I thought I saw it when grocery shopping, but realized as I was reaching for it the label read Clearly American. Yeah, no.

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • hlmdeck said:

My UO: Starbucks drip coffee tastes acidic and burnt.

This! I agree whole heartedly. All of my friends love Starbucks but I don't like paying 4 dollars for a cup of mediocre coffee. They have decent food though. I will only go to Starbucks if I have a gift card because otherwise I can't afford it :)
  • My UO... Some people (nobody in particular) on some days need to remember this is an online forum and chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil ooooooouuuuut. Everyone has an opinion and it's fine to voice it. But there are way bigger things in life then arguing on TB.

Also. I love oranges. But I HATE orange juice. Blah!!

Recap of "vague bumping"...Bump and then it blows up.

• My UO: Starbucks drip coffee tastes acidic and burnt.
    This! I agree whole heartedly. All of my friends love Starbucks but I don't like paying 4 dollars for a cup of mediocre coffee. They have decent food though. I will only go to Starbucks if I have a gift card because otherwise I can't afford it :)
    It tastes burnt because they burn their beans on purpose..

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • ohbaby714 said:

I don't like when adults refer to me as "mama" when I'm pregnant. I ain't yo mama!

So i am okay with my husband calling me mommy when he is talking to my son. Like mommy will get you some milk. But I HATE when he leaves for work or something and says love you mommy! Ummm try wife! Haha
    Baby 2.0!
    BabyFruit Ticker

28 Years old DH 29
    Married since 8/7/10
  • ohbaby714 said:

I don't like when adults refer to me as "mama" when I'm pregnant. I ain't yo mama!

So i am okay with my husband calling me mommy when he is talking to my son. Like mommy will get you some milk. But I HATE when he leaves for work or something and says love you mommy! Ummm try wife! Haha
    Haha! I feel the same way! My husband does call me mommy around our daughter and that doesn't bother me at all. Just when other people do it simply because I'm pregnant. Ah!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Jilmce19 said:

I think quinoa is disgusting and the only way I could tolerate it is if it were swimming in a sea of ranch dressing.

I can't for the life of me understand everyone's fascination with quinoa. I like almost ALL foods. I've tried preparing it a bunch of ways at home, tried it out at restaurants...just, nope.
    I'm Jewish and my family eats it during holidays. We like it but it is an acquired taste.
  • Jilmce19 said:

I think quinoa is disgusting and the only way I could tolerate it is if it were swimming in a sea of ranch dressing.

I'm Jewish and my family eats it during holidays. We like it but it is an acquired taste.
    That and it has to be cooked well. Try the frozen individual packs of quinoa from target. It is spinach, tomatoe, feta mixed and it's delicious! Also the preflavored boxes are good...Plain quinoa is not that great.
  • wisco29 said:
    That and it has to be cooked well. Try the frozen individual packs of quinoa from target. It is spinach, tomatoe, feta mixed and it's delicious! Also the preflavored boxes are good...Plain quinoa is not that great.
    I've noticed that if I buy the dry bags I hate it, but the frozen packs from trader joes (no flavor, just regular quinoa) I love it. Super weird.

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • wisco29 said:

Jilmce19 said:

We sometimes use plain quinoa as a substitute for brown rice when we are in a hurry because it cooks faster when we are putting something like stir fry or curry over it. By itself as a side, DH loves that earthy flavor but to me its so earthy it tastes like dirt!!!
  • My UO is I don't like beer. I have tried so many and don't like any!
  • Jellybelly119Jellybelly119 member
    edited July 2015
    wisco29 said:

Jilmce19 said:

This may be worth another shot! The boxed ones have been a failure for us, but I'll give the frozen a try! Thanks