December 2014 Moms

Baby won't nap

I'm at my wits end. Up until a month ago, LO was on a great schedule napping twice a day, over an hour each time. At day care. Now we've moved away and I'm taking care of him and I can't get him to nap! He's been taking morning naps well, but refusing the afternoon nap. Today he's refused his morning nap. Was sleepy when I put him down, but he slept for ten minutes and then was up and alert. I really feel like it's me and I don't know what I'm doing. His daycare provider was so knowledgeable. I have a job interview tomorrow for a job that'll barely cover day care costs, but i think he's better off with the schedule and stimulation daycare provides. He was up at 5 this morning so I am exhausted and feeling defeated.
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Baby won't nap

• I understand. My daughter just wants to fight just about every nap. She sits there on the floor with her toys and she yawns and you can tell by looking at her eyes that she's exhausted and so I do what I normally do, put her in the crib or her swing and she would normally fall right off to sleep. Not anymore lol! Is there a particular toy he likes? Maybe putting him down with a special toy to snuggle with or a blankie? Sometimes my LO needs a small toy or her taggie.
  • mine doesn't either, never has. Im lucky if I get 20 minutes out of her.
  • Loading the player...
  • Still battling this. Once he gets to sleep he sleeps great, often around two hours, but I haven't been able to get him to take more than one nap a day in ages!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I've found if he's not in the car seat or out and about in the stroller I have to go back to swaddling him or he will just not sleep. But it's like a loose wrap that if he moves his arms he can easily get out of.

Saying that he will happily go for a nap at my mums house. As long as it's not me putting him down.