Baby Names
Options

Brother for Asher

Hi ! Like so many others , I'm having a hard time coming up with another boy name. My son is Asher and we have been going back and forth on
Felix
Benjamin
Quinn
maybe Sawyer ?
Curios and open to suggestions.
thx guys ! :)

Re: Brother for Asher

• Options
    Ah! Our first boy is also Asher. It was the one-and-only boy name we both loved, and it's perfect for him! It's a tough one to follow ;) Good luck! 

Our favorite little brother names so far are:

Ty
    Tate
    Chase
    Brooks
    Jace
    Leo

Your names:

Felix: Love it!
    Benjamin: one of my favorite names, but we have one in our family already. Great contender for you!!
    Quinn: I see that one as a girl name, sorry!
    Sawyer: We have friends who had a Sawyer, and named their 2nd Asher! Very cute together!

• Options
    I think Benjamin goes best with Asher. I love Felix but it has a different feel to it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love Benjamin the most out of your choices. Asher & Benjamin go well together, IMO.

I'd suggest Michael, James, Jack, Henry, Emmett, Ryan, Daniel, Ian, Jacob, Nicholas, Samuel.
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Options
    Thx so much ! That does help alot ! Asher is tough to follow :)
  • Options

Ah! Our first boy is also Asher. It was the one-and-only boy name we both loved, and it's perfect for him! It's a tough one to follow ;) Good luck! 

Our favorite little brother names so far are:

Ty
    Tate
    Chase
    Brooks
    Jace
    Leo

Your names:

Felix: Love it!
    Benjamin: one of my favorite names, but we have one in our family already. Great contender for you!!
    Quinn: I see that one as a girl name, sorry!
    Sawyer: We have friends who had a Sawyer, and named their 2nd Asher! Very cute together!

Yes ! Asher was the name we both loved right from the start ! Your ideas are great !I especially love Brooks :)
    Asher and Brooks just sounds cool :)
  • Options
    Love Benjamin and think it goes great with Asher!
  • Options
    Love Benjamin with Asher. Both great biblical names. Felix is a great name as well. NAF of Quinn or Sawyer. Maybe Quentin?
    LFAF September Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails

• Options
    MamaWren919MamaWren919 member
    edited July 2015
    I like Benjamin best, but it's a little too traditional to pair with Asher, honestly. I like Sawyer too, but wouldn't do 2 -er endings. Quinn is a girls name to me, and Felix is just too strange.

Suggest
    Ian
    Reid
    Leo
    Griffin
    Micah
    Grant
  • Options
    LNic5LNic5 member
    I like Benjamin with Asher
  • Options
    Asher and Benjamin.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Options

I like Benjamin best, but it's a little too traditional to pair with Asher, honestly. I like Sawyer too, but wouldn't do 2 -er endings. Quinn is a girls name to me, and Felix is just too strange.

Suggest
    Ian
    Reid
    Leo
    Griffin
    Micah
    Grant

Ooo Micah is cute :) Thx !
  • Options
    LNic5LNic5 member
    Micah is great too!!!!!
  • Options
    Benjamin
  • Options
    Asher and....

Jude
    Levi
    Oliver
    Silas
    Miles
    Everett
    Gabriel
    Eli
    Ezra
    Seth
  • Options
    Thx all !! Great advice and very helpful :):)
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    Quinn!
  • Options
    Maybe Benson, since Benjamin is a little traditional to go with Asher.
  • Options

Asher is actually a very old Biblical name. Benjamin and Asher were brothers, along with Joseph, Reuben, Levi, and 7 others (Jacob's sons.) They are considered the 12 tribes of Israel and the core of Jewish culture (by my non-Jewish understanding)

Not sure if OP would be for, against, or not care about giving her sons the names of 2 Biblical brothers. But practicing Jews and Christians might notice. I'm not trying to sway for or against a name, but think OP should know in case it matters to her.
    Well now I know ! Haha and I honestly had no idea , I just really love both those names and I thought they sounded good together :)
    I'm ok with it - I just wouldn't want anyone to think I was wrong or weird for not being religious and picking biblical names.
    I really do love them.
    Thx for the info :)
  • Options
    mattandloramattandlora member
    edited July 2015

Asher is actually a very old Biblical name. Benjamin and Asher were brothers, along with Joseph, Reuben, Levi, and 7 others (Jacob's sons.) They are considered the 12 tribes of Israel and the core of Jewish culture (by my non-Jewish understanding)

Not sure if OP would be for, against, or not care about giving her sons the names of 2 Biblical brothers. But practicing Jews and Christians might notice. I'm not trying to sway for or against a name, but think OP should know in case it matters to her.
    Well now I know ! Haha and I honestly had no idea , I just really love both those names and I thought they sounded good together :)
    I'm ok with it - I just wouldn't want anyone to think I was wrong or weird for not being religious and picking biblical names.
    I really do love them.
    I think both names are mainstream enough that no one will think it's odd if you're not religious. It's not like you used Cain and Abel, or Methuselah and Nebuchadnezzer

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• Options
    I like the following:
     Asher and Cole
     Asher and Blake
     Asher and Holden
     Asher and Kase
     Asher and Nathan
     Asher and Gavin
     Asher and Logan
     Asher and Ryan

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I really do love them.
    I think both names are mainstream enough that no one will think it's odd if you're not religious. It's not like you used Cain and Abel, or Methuselah and Nebuchadnezzer
    Thanks ! That's reassuring :)
    And I agree :)
  • Options
    skschnake said:

I like the following:

Asher and Cole
     Asher and Blake
     Asher and Holden
     Asher and Kase
     Asher and Nathan
     Asher and Gavin
     Asher and Logan
     Asher and Ryan

I like Cole and Gavin ! :)
    Thx !
  • Options
    I like Brooks as well.
  • Options
    I love Benjamin, and it goes great with Asher.