December 2015 Moms

I hate summer

I'm so flipping hot I feel like I'm dying!! I live in SoCal in an old house with NO ac, this is like torture for a pregnant woman.
We have ordered a portable one but it can't get here soon enough.

I'm so desperate I have sat in my car with the ac on, not worn any clothes all day except underwear (and all the windows are open but what do I care at this point), and stood in the shower with the water on cold :((

Vent over.

Re: I hate summer

• I am from SoCal I totally understand! Right now I am in NC and my feet are ALWAYS HOT! literally put them on my cold walls sometimes... And at night I put them on my 'cold pillow' seriously invest in one they are ALWAYs cold!
  • We're getting lots of rain in SoCal this weekend, which is awesome! But totally due to the hurricane so it's like 85 degree. Yuck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok....I'm in south Louisiana. I win. 101 with 115 heat index 100 % humidity
  • fioripfiorip member
    I feel your pain, except you call it summer and I call it every single day, all year. I'm in the Caribbean and it's been soooo hot lately, hotter than usual. My A/C is broken for the third time this year, I've been sleeping in hell for the last week. I have to point out it's one of those New samsung inverter modern a/c, I do not recommend them to anyone now. Tech support is supposed to come tomorrow for what I hope is the LAST time.
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• Preaching to the choir, I'm melting here in Florida too. Fall can't come soon enough.
  • Also living in SoCal, today was miserable. I went to target today and just sat in the air Conditioning for about 2 hours while DH did the shopping. The struggle is real
  • UO...I love summer! Bring on the 100 degree heat. :) Although we hardly have any humidity here, it's just dry heat.
  • I'm in Miami and this heat is NO JOKE! I love being pregnant but despise the heat.
  • Preach! It's been 95+ in Portland for more weekends than I can ever remember, and usually summer is just starting to get warm up here in July. Hoping Costco has the window ac, this pregnancy and my marriage will suffer if we don't get some relief soon!
  • I'm so flipping hot I feel like I'm dying!! I live in SoCal in an old house with NO ac, this is like torture for a pregnant woman.
    We have ordered a portable one but it can't get here soon enough.

I'm so desperate I have sat in my car with the ac on, not worn any clothes all day except underwear (and all the windows are open but what do I care at this point), and stood in the shower with the water on cold :((

Vent over.

Hoping for a quick arrival of your portable AC. We're also in Southern California, and on a whim we put a wall unit in last summer. Thank god! An open door is not cutting it with all this heat and humidity.
  • I didn't know rain is SoCal was due to hurricane?! My family is in San Diego and I know Padres (baseball) had to delay today because of the rain...
  • mrsattema said:

I didn't know rain is SoCal was due to hurricane?! My family is in San Diego and I know Padres (baseball) had to delay today because of the rain...

Yep, I'm in San Diego too. Remnants of a tropical storm/hurricane..you'd think the end of times were here with how everyone's been acting.

But to be fair, in a 24 hour period, rainfall totals broke a 122 year record for total rainfall in July. Craziness.

• Lol San Diego needed it with that long drought
  • I feel your pain for the heat. Up here in Nor Cal sometimes literally feels like hell on Earth...
  • lalg28lalg28 member
    Oh my gosh no AC I would die right now! Hope your portable one comes soon! I move from my car with AC to a building with AC and that's about it lol.
  • I'm in humid hotlanta :(  I hate the summer so much and I can't wait until fall.
  • Michigan has been toasty and humid as of late...we have central air in my house, but my husband needs it to be super cold at night to sleep, so we have a window unit in our bedroom.  I used to complain about how unnecessary it is, but I'm NOT complaining this summer ;)

But I love summers where I can open the house up and get a good breeze going to air things out.  Stale air drives me nuts, and the couped up winters are bad enough!
  • mbhurst1 said:

Ok....I'm in south Louisiana. I win. 101 with 115 heat index 100 % humidity

I'm in North Louisiana and it's like that here too!!!!
  • I'm from south FL so I'm all too familiar with intense humidity too, the advantage in those areas though is at least there's relief when you're in your air conditioned home.