Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Anyone here use a moby wrap?

My husband and I are expecting and I am interested in using a moby wrap. But don't know anything about them, I've asked new mommas how they like theirs. The wrap looks like a baby can fall out of it. Can that happen?

Re: Anyone here use a moby wrap?

• jwan21jwan21 member
    I love my moby. I went to a store that taught me how to use it, which helped a lot. There is fabric tucked snugly under the babies bottom, keeping the baby in place.
  • I know you asked specifically about the Moby but ...We used the k'tan and love it! We had registered for the boba and Moby but ended up returning for ease of use! It is so easy to throw on when baby is fussy and calms immediately! We just liked the ease and had another mom recommend it ... No matter what wrap - it is heaven to calm baby, keep getting stuff done and snuggle at the same time using a wrap! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I think the Boba and Moby are similar.  I love my Boba, and you can feel/tell very easily that baby is in securely.  A trial run or two tying it before baby comes is helpful.
  • Yes! The Moby has been amazing for me and my LO. I've used it since he was 2 weeks (he us now 5 weeks old). It's great for allowing me to get some things done around the house and at the same time help him to feel secure and calm. I just used the how-to videos on the Moby website since my little one is so small and thus has to be worn in a different way that better mimics the positioning and security of the womb. Beware though that like all things, your LO may not take to it, but it's worth a try!

Me: 31
         DH: 34
    Married 11/09/2013

LO#1: LMP 09/14/2014  BFP 10/15/2014  EDD 06/24/2015  DS Born 06/14/2015
    LO#2: LMP 09/18/2016  BFP 10/19/2016  EDD 06/27/2017 DD Born 06/27/2017
    LO#3: LMP 05/16/2018  BFP 06/18/2018  EDD 02/20/2019

• erin79erin79 member
    I have both the Moby and the Sleepy Wrap, which are the same thing, but I like that the Sleepy Wrap is a bit stretchier.  They are awesome; I highly recommend at least some kind of babywearing device, if not the Moby.  No, baby can't fall out as long as you're wrapping it properly.  You can look up videos on how to wrap on YouTube.
  • I used the Moby for like 2 weeks but it just got too freakin' hot with that thing. I also found it to be a pain in the ass in public.
  • I agree with the above comment, it's a pain to put on in public because you have to keep it from dragging all over the ground as you put it on. I would put mine on at home, then drive wherever we were going and put baby in when we got there. But then if you need to change a diaper or nurse, you have to put it on all over again. I also found that my baby kept "sinking" in it after she'd been in a while. Maybe I just didn't tie it tight enough. I gave up on Moby and just use the Ergo now, because it's so much quicker to put on and she stays in the same spot the whole time. I have been curious about a baby sling like this though:

https://www.carrymeaway.com/learncenter/tag/baby-sling/

Seems easier to put on and load than the Moby, and more comfortable for baby than the Ergo.
  • I have a Moby and ergo. I really want to live the Moby nut u just can't get in board. It feels awkward on me and it's a pain in the butt to put on. I k ow it probably gets easier with time but the Ergo is so much quicker (and breathable) that it's always my go to. The only cons with it is that you need an infant insert for under a certain weight and the one I have you can't face baby forward, although I think newer models have this option.
  • I just got a moby 2 days ago, I have read the directions multiple times and I just can't figure out how to put it in correctly. The first time I did it, it was way too tight and I couldn't get my baby in. Now every time I try, it too loose. I can't figure out how tight to pull it when putting it on.
  • erin79erin79 member
    Natjune said:
    I just got a moby 2 days ago, I have read the directions multiple times and I just can't figure out how to put it in correctly. The first time I did it, it was way too tight and I couldn't get my baby in. Now every time I try, it too loose. I can't figure out how tight to pull it when putting it on.
    This is exactly why I got the Sleepy Wrap.  The Moby just didn't seem to have any stretch to it, so it was either too tight or too loose.  The Sleepy Wrap stretches, so I wrap it on tight, but can still slip baby in.