Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

My Miscarriage Diary for anyone that might need advice x

I have found it so hard knowing what to expect. This may not be any use to anyone but if it gives one person some guidance or support then fab. I would be 10 weeks tomorrow. Today is day 12

Day 1 - light pink spotting
Day 2 - brown discharge. Phoned midwife for advice. Told not to worry.
Day 3 - bright red blood. Went to hospital. Urine tested had water infection. Scan booked for following day.
Day 4 - very light spotting. Scan showed baby HB had stopped 2 weeks previous.
Day 5 - bleeding
Day 6 - heavy bleeding and clots with severe contraction pains. Passed baby.
Day 7 - heavy bleeding and clots with severe contraction pains. Passed grey material.
Day 8 - heavy bleeding and clots with severe contraction pains
Day 9 - pain very severe went to hospital and had internal. Clot lodged in cervix. This was removed. Pain subsided.
Day 10 - heavy bleeding and some contraction pain but not as bad
Day 11 - scan at EPU showed 3cm of pregnancy tissue remains. Bleeding continued. Contractions easier. Passed large sac while on loo.
Day 12 - no pain just sore from all the contractions. Bleeding but no clots.

Re: My Miscarriage Diary for anyone that might need advice x

• It definitely helps, maybe we all write our experiences and someone new to this might find it easier to relate... Mine so far..

Day 1.. Spotting, told by docs this is natural and not to be worried, Carried on lightly for another week..
    Day 6.. Driving & suddenly felt a gush of blood, carried on so heavy and ended up at a & e, I had no pain or clots so was told it does happen in some women and to go home and let body do what it needs to do, scan booked for 4 days later.
    Day 7 - 9 Bleeding heavy but slowing down
    Day 10 - scan confirmed that the pregnancy had ended and I still had everything to pass, made sense as I'd had so much bleeding but no pain or clots. Chose to go home and pass it naturally.
    Day 13 and I've stopped bleeding altogether, can't stand the waiting so have booked in for medical management and will take the tablet to speed it up on Sunday. Will update again after that to see how it went x
  • Oh no. What an awful ordeal for you.
    I hope that this is over soon for you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thankyou so much. This timeline has helped ALOT! I have had 3 days of very light spotting and some minor pain but very light. I am waiting for it to get heavier over the next few days... Thank you again this has really helped me
  • I'm 10 weeks and 6. Went to my OBGYN today and found out I lost my baby

• My first pregnancy was also my first miscarriage.

On June 1st I found out I was pregnant at 7:30 AM!
    Day 1- On Sunday night the day before I started bleeding very light brown with slight cramps, after a couple hours the pain was unbearable and I had my S/O rush me to the ER. I told them that I was in severe pain and my period was two weeks early. They made me pee in a cup after I told them I wasn't pregnant and they made me sit in the ER from 1AM-6:30AM without telling me anything, so frustrated, tired and in pain I told them I wasn't waiting any longer and that I was going home. I slept for about 30 mins and then got up to use the rest room. By this time it was June 1st.

Day 2 - out of curiousity I POAD and it immediately came out positive and darker than the control line. I was so happy but then immediately terrified. I called my doctor and they scheduled me to get blood drawn within the next hour and then the day after next (Wednesday).

Day 3 - anxiously waiting, bleeding was still very light brown, the flow was light as well.

Day 4 - doctor called to tell me that on Monday my HCG level was at 1000+ and that Wednesday it was at 458.

Day 5 - bleeding became heavier as I got more depressed

Day 6 - blood clots began to pass

Day 7 - full on heavy flow, dark red.

The doctor wanted me to go in to get my levels checked the following week so I did. By this time my bleeding actually stopped.

The day I had my final blood draw to check my levels I began bleeding again just like a period for 7 days. The doctor confirmed that might happen.

Today: just had a chemical pregnancy!
  • My first pregnancy was also my first miscarriage I was in a terrible accident once I got to the hospital I informed my doctor that I could possibly be pregnant and as it turns out I most certainly was in that same week I began to have light spotting about three days later I went back to the ER where they then told me that I was no longer with child