October 2015 Moms

Placenta Previa & pelvic girdle pain

Sorry if this was recently discussed - have not been on in awhile. Anyone else diagnosed with placenta Previa? They noticed at my 20 week scan and I will need another at 30 weeks to check. Have had no bleeding. Hoping it moves up or already has. I am 25 weeks now. Also, I am struggling with what I think is pelvic girdle pain..... Horrible pain at night when I move round in bed/ roll over... Also certain movements during the day, such as putting on pants, standing on one leg while using the other leg, etc. usually pain is right in my lower pelvic area, sometimes my hips pop as well. Also feeling very "heavy" down there... Like the baby is more like a bowling ball .....anyone else?

Re: Placenta Previa & pelvic girdle pain

• Yes! I feel the same way! I get shooting pains down my leg when walking. My leg gives out a lot! They say to get out of bed and turn with your knees together and bent. I go to my doctor tomorrow and I'm going to ask about it. I'll let you know what he says about it! Feel better!
  • Yes, please let us know! I don't go in for another week.
  • Loading the player...
  • lizzyLD said:

Sorry if this was recently discussed - have not been on in awhile.

Anyone else diagnosed with placenta Previa? They noticed at my 20 week scan and I will need another at 30 weeks to check. Have had no bleeding. Hoping it moves up or already has. I am 25 weeks now.

Also, I am struggling with what I think is pelvic girdle pain..... Horrible pain at night when I move round in bed/ roll over... Also certain movements during the day, such as putting on pants, standing on one leg while using the other leg, etc. usually pain is right in my lower pelvic area, sometimes my hips pop as well. Also feeling very "heavy" down there... Like the baby is more like a bowling ball

.....anyone else?

Sleep with a pillow between your legs !! It's the only thing that helps me at all !!
  • Yes! Feels like my insides will at any moment just fall right out! Look into a sling for support. Any I had placenta previa with my first baby but mine resolved on its own. I did have several bouts of bleeding and was put on pelvic rest and light bed rest a few times because of it. I went on to have a vaginal delivery. Hopefully yours will resolve by your next appointment :)
  • I had the partial placenta previa, they noticed it at my 20wk appt. I went back at 25wks and it moved to where it was supposed to. Don't get too worked up about it yet. I was told it's common. Hope yours will do the same!
  • I had placenta previa diagnosed at 16 weeks. Completly cleared by 24 weeks! Hold out hope. And yes to the PGP it is awful. Even my snoogle isn't helping as much. I also get terrible tingling and numbness in my hips. I figure the only cure is to give birth in 14 more weeks.
  • All normal pains of pregnancy you are describing. Try change of position, walking , or Tylenol if needed. My placenta preva moved during the first pregnancy and wasn't an issue.
  • Sit to dress and avoid movements that cause more discomfort if possible. Use pillows to sleep
  • Yes to all. I have a complete previa and all the pains that you described. Tylenol seems to take the edge off when the pelvic pain gets really bad for me in the afternoons.
  • I am trying some physio, just started so I don't know if it will help yet but I figured it was worth a shot! Seeing someone who focuses on pelvic issues in pregnancy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was diagnosed with placenta previa at 24 weeks 6 days. Right now I'm 26 weeks. Right now my doctor is saying they will re-check me at 28 & 32 weeks but it it hasn't moved by 32 we will have a scheduled c-section between 34-36 weeks. I get the shooting pains but a pillow between my legs helps. If I have any bleeding though, doc will be putting me on bed rest the remainder of the pregnancy.
  • Thanks for all the responses! Feeling better about the placenta previa and pains! I do sleep with a pillow between my legs which does help a little. And I am glad to read most of your placentas moved up! Feeling hopeful!
  • I was diagnosed low-lying placenta/marginal placenta previa at my 20wk US. I went in last Friday for another US at 28wks and they called it marginal or partial placenta previa, so it hasn't really shifted :(. I'll have a 3rd US scheduled, I'm guessing 34-36wks but I'm supposed to get a call after the OB looks at the scans. They said there is still time for it to shift, but if it doesn't I will have a c-section. I'm a very schedule/list/organized type person so having to continue to wait to see results to determine if I have to deliver early is making me a little crazy :). Has anyone else had their follow up US show the placenta previa still present and it resolved itself later? I'm not feeling as confident it will happen as I was during the 20wk US.
  • stine8812 said:
    I was diagnosed low-lying placenta/marginal placenta previa at my 20wk US. I went in last Friday for another US at 28wks and they called it marginal or partial placenta previa, so it hasn't really shifted :(. I'll have a 3rd US scheduled, I'm guessing 34-36wks but I'm supposed to get a call after the OB looks at the scans. They said there is still time for it to shift, but if it doesn't I will have a c-section. I'm a very schedule/list/organized type person so having to continue to wait to see results to determine if I have to deliver early is making me a little crazy :). Has anyone else had their follow up US show the placenta previa still present and it resolved itself later? I'm not feeling as confident it will happen as I was during the 20wk US.
    I'm in the exact same boat.  I have my 28 week scan tomorrow.  Crossing my fingers it has moved.  Otherwise , my Dr said one more check and I'll have to schedule a C-section if it hasn't moved.  Kinda nervous.  Good luck!  You never know there's still a possibility.  All these other success stories give me hope! :)